Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:25 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
In this day and age marriage is a waste of time. Everyone cheats on everyone and the only people who are getting married is for the money. All the other guys tell me the same thing - don't get married it is a waste of time. "If the girl really loves you then she won't care if you are married or not." Makes perfect sense to me.

I won't bother getting married. Single and ready to mingle forever!
whoaaaa, wait one silly moment here....

Not everyone cheats on everyone...and not everyone marries for money.

And just because all the other guys tell you the same thing, doesn't mean its true.

Answer me one question....

Lets say you are considering getting married. What are your reasons for doing so?

Thanks Creme

Old 09-18-2008, 07:47 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
whoaaaa, wait one silly moment here....

Not everyone cheats on everyone...and not everyone marries for money.

And just because all the other guys tell you the same thing, doesn't mean its true.

Answer me one question....

Lets say you are considering getting married. What are your reasons for doing so?

Thanks Creme
You go on with your bad self! I agree, rep 4 U!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:35 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
True and I'm gay. I just observe people's attitudes from my standpoint and I wonder how marriage can actually happen these days. Most women these days are too freakin aggressive and cold-hearted. I wonder if they had some sort of abusive awful childhood to make them so cold and uncaring.
It isn't their childhoods that make them that way. It's dating selfish men who use them to dump them. When you've had your heart broken several times, you have to harden it to protect it.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:42 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
In this day and age marriage is a waste of time. Everyone cheats on everyone and the only people who are getting married is for the money. All the other guys tell me the same thing - don't get married it is a waste of time. "If the girl really loves you then she won't care if you are married or not." Makes perfect sense to me.

I won't bother getting married. Single and ready to mingle forever!
Last week I had a great weekend with a spicy 22yr old.
Last night a drop dead gorgeous lady I have known a few years asked me what I was doing later that evening and I ended up waking up with her in my arms.
Neither of these things would have happened if I was married or even still seriously dating my miserable girlfriend. She seems to be interested in what I can do for her, these other two seem only interested in what we can do for each other in the now. I prefer the short term can you make me happy tonighters!

I can get em, and I choose to.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:52 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times
Uh, dude.

Dating relationships mostly end in marriage.

You can't "stay single and mingle" forever especially as you get older.
The young, single women wouldn't mingle with you. There.

So, when the girls you're mingling right now, starts to realize that you're not marriage material will you live as a hermit?

Maybe your boys were really saying, "hey, we're losers because no woman can stay with us for long. Why don't you be one with us so we won't feel so bad?"

I heard the main reason people won't get married is because they fear rejection. Is that you? Even if you "mingle" you could still chance on being rejected.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:55 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Last week I had a great weekend with a spicy 22yr old.
Last night a drop dead gorgeous lady I have known a few years asked me what I was doing later that evening and I ended up waking up with her in my arms.
Neither of these things would have happened if I was married or even still seriously dating my miserable girlfriend. She seems to be interested in what I can do for her, these other two seem only interested in what we can do for each other in the now. I prefer the short term can you make me happy tonighters!

I can get em, and I choose to.

You're a LOT different from the OP.

'Cause you're a playa.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:17 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times
My wife did have a rough upbringing, i admit, i did everthing for this woman, everything!!!!, right now shes acting like a total different person, i dont know her anymore, we used to be bestfriends, im really really bumming, WERE going to take time apart, hoping itll improve out current situation. Who knows.....

Old 09-18-2008, 05:17 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Perhaps you keep ending up with abusive jerks because that is what feels familiar to you. Maybe you could consider exploring this with a good therapist so that you can learn to make better choices in men? There ARE good ones out there
I know, but what do they act like? Seriously, I need to know. Are they all sex crazed and mean?

Old 09-18-2008, 06:13 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Monogamy is not human nature

Old 09-18-2008, 06:25 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
And therefore you should be hostile and cold-hearted to all men? Hello...am I missing out on something. Sounds like irrational and childish anger displacement to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
It isn't their childhoods that make them that way. It's dating selfish men who use them to dump them. When you've had your heart broken several times, you have to harden it to protect it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships