Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:48 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Say it! Say it! SAY IT!!!!!
What is this - Rocky Horror Picture Show?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 11:52 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,695,475 times
mind first, then eyes, then heart, then body. Those are the order i go through when finding a woman. If she's a knucklehead, she failed step one. In other words, these steps save me from having falling for the wrong person.

I used these with my girlfriend and i couldn't have found a better person for me. I didn't let my heart and second head think this time. I used logic and attraction to decide if i should stay with her.

For me the whole "butterfly" and fireworks thing is for puppy love and not something serious.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:23 AM

123 posts, read 351,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post

For me the whole "butterfly" and fireworks thing is for puppy love and not something serious.
then again, butterfly and fireworks can happen to those in serious relationships too.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:35 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
mind first, then eyes, then heart, then body. Those are the order i go through when finding a woman. If she's a knucklehead, she failed step one. In other words, these steps save me from having falling for the wrong person.

I used these with my girlfriend and i couldn't have found a better person for me. I didn't let my heart and second head think this time. I used logic and attraction to decide if i should stay with her.

I agree! This is how my current boyfriend and I approached our relationship which started out as a purely platonic friendship. And once we got to the romantic stuff, there were plenty of fireworks! Five years later, we still have plenty of fireworks accompanied by periods of deep steady affection for each other. The lovemaking is awesome and we enjoy each other's company doing other activities.

My boyfriend would never date a "knucklehead" no matter how beautiful she was. And I feel the exact same way about dating men.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:50 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Why do people "fall out" of love so quickly? My last relationship lasted about a year and we broke off after that. She said she had "fallen out" of love. This was the same person that told me when we met that she hasn't felt this much chemistry with anyone before. How can such a thing happen? This is what scares me and every person I date I guess I am now very cynical of their intentions which I know is a bad thing. I was pretty much the same person throughout this relationship so I was just very surprised why things changed. I'm still trying to figure out why people fall out of love.

People talk about this electric feeling that you are supposed to feel, this intensity, butterflies in your stomach etc. but frankly I have not felt such a thing for anyone so far. Infact, in the initial stages of dating I just have a friendship and the deep attachment occurs much later...but even so, I have never been totally overwhelmed by a person so far. It seems many expect that they need to feel that instant chemistry and the surreal feeling. Many people have told me that they are not willing to "settle" for anything less than this feeling of total awe.

So my question... when you meet the right person are you supposed to be overcome with emotions, butterflies in your stomach etc.? If you don't feel this can you conclude right away that it is not the right person? And when are you supposed to feel like this...after the first date? second date??
I think it's natural for people to get bored with each other after awhile...that's why there are so many fish in the sea I guess

As far as having those feelings in the beginning,perhaps subconsciously you're afraid of getting let down again. But most likely as you're getting older you're becoming more discriminating as to what you're attracted to and you're just not getting those feelings as often.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,035 times
my partner of ten years fell in love with someone else and left me for them . but my partner has had 9 relationshipes some long term 14 years 6 years 7 years 2 years and ten with me and a few flings and now her new partner is 23 years younger do you thinkit will last after the lust wears off ?????

Old 02-08-2012, 09:18 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublin 1952 View Post
my partner of ten years fell in love with someone else and left me for them . but my partner has had 9 relationshipes some long term 14 years 6 years 7 years 2 years and ten with me and a few flings and now her new partner is 23 years younger do you thinkit will last after the lust wears off ?????
How old is your former partner? Given their relationship track record, it's very likely that their current relationship won't last beyond 10 years.

Does that thought make you feel better?

Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,428 times
Quote:
Why do people "fall out" of love so quickly? My last relationship lasted about a year and we broke off after that. She said she had "fallen out" of love. This was the same person that told me when we met that she hasn't felt this much chemistry with anyone before. How can such a thing happen? This is what scares me and every person I date I guess I am now very cynical of their intentions which I know is a bad thing. I was pretty much the same person throughout this relationship so I was just very surprised why things changed. I'm still trying to figure out why people fall out of love.

People talk about this electric feeling that you are supposed to feel, this intensity, butterflies in your stomach etc. but frankly I have not felt such a thing for anyone so far. Infact, in the initial stages of dating I just have a friendship and the deep attachment occurs much later...but even so, I have never been totally overwhelmed by a person so far. It seems many expect that they need to feel that instant chemistry and the surreal feeling. Many people have told me that they are not willing to "settle" for anything less than this feeling of total awe.

So my question... when you meet the right person are you supposed to be overcome with emotions, butterflies in your stomach etc.? If you don't feel this can you conclude right away that it is not the right person? And when are you supposed to feel like this...after the first date? second date??
When I met the right woman I did feel that and then some more. Actually I felt it right away when I first saw her, although I realize that's not always the case. Unfortunately we didn't end up together, but that's another story.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:35 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
. Many people have told me that they are not willing to "settle" for anything less than this feeling of total awe.

Anyone who's told you that they won't settle for any less than "this feeling of total awe"...could easily be looking for-ever.....When I met my "right person"I was certainly NOT overcome with emotions...and the "butterfly feeling" was just the anticipation of bedding with said partner....I feel that people confuse falling in love with feeling strongly attracted to...but falling and being in love is something that happens when your partner proves themselves to be faithful, respectfull,and curteous when with you...someone who cares about ALL of you..emotionally/physically....that's true love, and it never dies.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:47 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Anyone who's told you that they won't settle for any less than "this feeling of total awe"...could easily be looking for-ever.....When I met my "right person"I was certainly NOT overcome with emotions...and the "butterfly feeling" was just the anticipation of bedding with said partner....I feel that people confuse falling in love with feeling strongly attracted to...but falling and being in love is something that happens when your partner proves themselves to be faithful, respectfull,and curteous when with you...someone who cares about ALL of you..emotionally/physically....that's true love, and it never dies.
You talk like a woman...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships