Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 06:50 PM

8,925 posts, read 7,773,783 times

Advertisements

It's because of mindsets like this that make me apprehensive about relationships.

Old 09-12-2015, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 1,702 times
Default traditional women won't help you when you get laid off

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
How many people can really afford a stay at home mom in this economy?
let me give you all a clue. Day care is expensive if you have a "traditional " or lazy unmotivated wife. If you have a women with good ethics and principles she will understand the importance of teaching her children that being hard workers is where it's at. I have a good career and so does my husband. We tons in medical saving and are very responsible people. Two responsible people contributing to family and U.S. Economy is best for kids. The women does not have to be full time. I know perfect wives that still have careers. It's our personality to be perfect in every way for husbands and children. Please discourage your wives from being lazy. Their are too many beautiful women who could do so much for you than a Traditional or lazy women.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:08 AM

60 posts, read 53,067 times
Dear OP
First of lol!!I think both extremes are a catch 22 because some men will find flaws with one or the other...
1. The first is very 50s...no education..content with being home..not aware of the world around her but she is there to serve every whim..
However unless you are a wealthy man? You will not be able to afford number 1....
This economy demands number 2....
Im a mixture since I was raised by a number one but also by a father whom never bore any sons..
I was raised in boxing...football...beer..my first car was a stick..
I drive a mustang GT Stick. Ive never owned a mom car..
I went to college have several degrees I earned one of them while my son was a toddler.
I work ft. I MAKE decent money..
I love politics and was a mod on a political forum..
Yet? I make sure my man has dinner every night..
I make his lunch and still manage to get out the house for work at 7 am..
I heat up his food even though he is a few feet from the micro..
I baby him..
I pay for meals/outings if he doesnt have money..
I even gifted him my old mustang when his car gave out..
I could have never done this if I was number 1.
So.....

Old 09-13-2015, 12:17 AM

28,226 posts, read 37,033,119 times
I love how binary the OP is. Modern women don't wear dresses. That is hilarious.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:18 AM

5,442 posts, read 4,704,971 times
I like a modern woman.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:52 AM

15,125 posts, read 10,199,881 times
Modern... more or less... we as a couple dont really pay much attention to roles... just coordinate with each other. When I was dating, I never wanted to be married to a dependent.. more like an equal partner.

I dont mind doing housework, cleaning and cooking. Wife was never raised to be a proper household wife... I was raised in a household which my father and mother shared all the responsibilities of the houselhold. Father did most of the cooking. Our plan was that I would take some time from work to raise the second child (wife was at home for the first). However, wife couldnt get a high enough paying job to support the family on her own and having twins pretty much put an end to those plans.... i make 2-3x my wife made so me remaining at work made financial sense even though I admit regret not having that opportunity.

Last edited by usayit; 09-13-2015 at 05:06 AM..

Old 09-13-2015, 06:36 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,848,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I got into a couple of interesting discussions today with women and we're starting to wonder what men these days are REALLY looking for. If you had the choice, which would you marry?

1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.

Men--please choose which one you would marry and also mention your age and any other background about yourself.
Somewhere between 1 and 2, but probably closer to 2. Yet, I am old-fashioned in that I like it when women are as different from men as possible, which includes clothing, hair, manners etc. A woman that smokes, drinks, curses, dresses like a man, has short hair etc. is not interesting to me.

Intellectually I definitely prefer 2. It is hard to respect someone if you feel superior. But I do not like ambitious, career-oriented people in general, which applies to women as well of course.

When there are children, I do think the mom's presence is more important than the dad's. So I am not in favor of nannies taking care of kids while both parents are at work.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:44 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,457,219 times
Definitely a modern woman. First off, I never wanted children and I'm fully capable of doing my own cleaning and cooking. I'd get really bored in a hurry with 1), not compatible at all. The modern woman which you describe actually is a mirror image of my G/F.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:54 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,844,810 times
I like how #2's needs in bed are presented as a drawback. Poor wife #1.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:51 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,502,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I got into a couple of interesting discussions today with women and we're starting to wonder what men these days are REALLY looking for. If you had the choice, which would you marry?

1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.

Men--please choose which one you would marry and also mention your age and any other background about yourself.
Ideally, I would prefer a relationship with #1. Dual-income households are probably more necessary today though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships