Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 02:27 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,104,762 times

Advertisements

Can i have #2 but also dresses well??

Old 10-24-2010, 10:14 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
Wow - I'm neither Modern or Traditional - may I have a catergory?

Woman makes 70% of income (will be only earner when we move and he stays home with kids) - NEVER stayed home 2 or 3 years! Went straight back to work within a couple month, because I wanted to. HATES cooking, pay a maid to clean and have a nanny for the kids (part time). Highly intelligent, world travelor, feels suffocated by *traditional* living. Enjoys sex and probably has had more partners then most men.
You're post modern, lol.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:05 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,214,273 times
These days “traditional” women are considered pretty pathetic, in the eyes of other women anyway.

It’s great to be independent and able to survive WITHOUT relying on a man. Years ago women couldn’t do it, but it’s wonderful how much we’ve progressed.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:16 PM

783 posts, read 2,258,943 times
"I'd never marry a woman old enough to be my wife."

Old 10-25-2010, 08:02 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,307,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
These days “traditional” women are considered pretty pathetic, in the eyes of other women anyway.

It’s great to be independent and able to survive WITHOUT relying on a man. Years ago women couldn’t do it, but it’s wonderful how much we’ve progressed.
I'm sorry, I reject this. Outside of the sharing and speaking my opinions, I am both traditional and modern, depending on our family circumstances. These are choices I have made over time and they change as the needs of my family change. My husband is also both traditional and modern.

However, regardless of which category a woman wants to lay claim to, I would never look down and consider a woman pathetic for the choices she makes.

Last edited by robee70; 10-25-2010 at 08:36 AM..

Old 10-25-2010, 08:32 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,016,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I got into a couple of interesting discussions today with women and we're starting to wonder what men these days are REALLY looking for. If you had the choice, which would you marry?

1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.

Men--please choose which one you would marry and also mention your age and any other background about yourself.

I want a woman who does whichever of these she wants, up to and including combinations and variations; my only stipulations are that she be:

- intelligent enough to show interest in many aspects and facets of Life
- of a general good humour
- eager to listen AND eager to speak/share
- show me the same love and respect she'd like shown to her
- be affectionate
- be strong enough to stand up for herself, be willing to stand up for me when I'm not present, be gracious enough to appreciate when I stand up for her
- Be willing to really talk to me when something is even perceived to be wrong
- be tough enough to roll with Life's inevitable punches and stand by me as she'd expect me to stand by her

All that other "traditional/non-traditional" stuff is just a bunch of window-dressing and garbage invented by people too insecure to enjoy a strong woman or a strong man.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:57 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,324,289 times
I like both kinds of women, I want a woman who likes to wear feminine clothing and fix her hair up, and I also want a modern woman, one who speaks her mind and is opinionated (not too opinionated though ).

Old 06-12-2014, 06:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,008 times
Personally, I'd prefer a more traditional woman because it seems right, like it's my responsibility to take care of the family, and that makes me feel good. I'm also attracted to feminine, submissive shy women, not those who are super independent bossy with big egos. I just want a simple life, family and wife.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:18 AM

11,377 posts, read 9,291,726 times
# 2 but no marriage. Not interested in having children either.

Non-religious feminist please!

I don't care about the earnings part either. Just pay your way and I'm happy.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:25 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,603,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I got into a couple of interesting discussions today with women and we're starting to wonder what men these days are REALLY looking for. If you had the choice, which would you marry?

1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.

Men--please choose which one you would marry and also mention your age and any other background about yourself.
Um...why not a little of both?

My wife sometimes stays home and sometimes works part time, we do have sex about as much as I want, but that's because SHE wants it, too...she does cook and clean well but also wears jeans, needs her sexual needs met (and GETS them met if I do say so myself) has political opinions, etc. etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.