Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 03:20 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,659,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Thank you...we are on recess until we get back! Great!!
You got it! Now let me go put on a lower cut shirt so I can attract them sexy geniuses when out! Hehe! Woot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 03:21 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,270,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
You got it! Now let me go put on a lower cut shirt so I can attract them sexy geniuses when out! Hehe! Woot!
Be sure to take a copy of your test scores with you...people find that sort of arrogance quite endearing

Old 12-01-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Be sure to take a copy of your test scores with you...people find that sort of arrogance quite endearing
Like I said, I want to attract the sexy geniuses. LOL

Old 12-01-2008, 03:27 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,270,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Like I said, I want to attract the sexy geniuses. LOL
Be safe on your journey...it can be so hard finding the right genius...

Old 12-01-2008, 03:32 PM

52,349 posts, read 52,808,634 times
Whew

This thread went off on a serious tangent.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:23 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,958,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Was_A_Phoenix View Post
If you want to determine whether I am a genius you cannot believe what *I* say about it. You can't make that decision based on whether or not I have SAID that I've chosen to join some high IQ society or not.

No, you have to look at things like the quality of my thinking, the quality of my writing, the creativity I have.

The only way to know whether I am a genius is to look for evidence of a BRAIN.

Or, conversely, you could ask some of the other geniuses on the board whether they think I am a genius.

Boo-yahh!! My bad!! - sorry about that. Now that we all know what the real criteria is.....congrats everyone!!!!!! We are all geniuses!! I am off to fix the stock market. It's all good - no need to thank me in advance - I'm simply doing my civic duty as a genius to better our world.

...ummm...all you other geniuses out there...you DO think I'm one as well, right?

Old 12-01-2008, 04:50 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,468,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Was_A_Phoenix View Post
The post of mine that you quoted had absolutely nothing to do with my intelligence level, and did not contain any blabbering about my IQ whatsoever. I challenge you to find a single post in which I mention my IQ without it being appropriate in response to the post I was replying to.

If you are going to accuse me do it right. Until then, I assert that none of my posts were an act of "blabbering about my IQ."

I don't go into threads where you are talking about a subject I don't find interesting, then force myself to read your posts, and then complain that I have so cruelly sentenced myself to such exasperation and then begin accusing you of things. Lol.

I might as well lay under a car and accuse the driver of running me over or chain myself to a fence and wail at the injustice of my captivity!

This accusative martyrdom could be hilarious! It could make you famous!

I think you should turn it into a full time hobby. You could go to your local college and eavesdrop on some geeks there. Just when you get to the point where you can't stand it, you can barge in, throw yourself to the floor, and wail that they were boring you to the point of fatal brain hemorrhaging. I am certain that, once they recover from the shock of having been spied on without their knowledge, they will be able to set aside their annoyance at having their conversation interrupted and take a most geniuine pity on you. They will say:

"Oh you poor thing, you chose to listen to a conversation that is not interesting to you! Now you will surely die! WHAT KIND OF CRUEL WORLD IS THIS!!!"

"WHYYYYYYYYY??????????!!!!!!!!!111111" They will yell.

(They will type the 1's on their little calculator watches.)

"OH, THE HUMANITY!!!" They will surely exclaim, as you gasp your last gasps on the floor of the math class room.

Those with weak hearts will leave.

A girl or two will faint.

Then, between the overturned school desks, you will contort and howl unearthly howls, entire chess sets will fly through the air at your disturbance, whirlwinds of Dungeons and Dragons cards will blast throughout the room, until finally your body seizes up in it's final unnatural pose, your eyes roll to the back of your head, and you collapse into a crate of emergency pocket protectors.

All the geeks will gather round and hang their heads in silent prayer. Their leader will step forward to gingerly place the dice with ten sides onto each of your eyelids.

A Linux CD will be lovingly placed over your heart.

A nerdy boy with many pimples will tape your broken glasses and place them very carefully back on your contorted face.

Emo girls will cry and immortalize you in beautiful dirges.

Randall Monroe will write you a commemorative comic strip on XKCD.

Kevin Mitnick will petition to free YOU as a tribute to your martyr-like dedication to helping the human race.

Stephen Hawking himself will compose a Mr. Stewart rap, using his robot voice to tell the story.

You shall become a legend across the land!

Everyone shall hear of your heroic deeds the world over!

For someone who cries foul and claims to have their 'feelings hurt' by the tiniest perceived slight, this rambling and elaborate dig at mrstewart seems the picture of hypocrisy esp. coming from a self-proclaimed genius. Does the sword only cut one way?

And no, that was not a veiled hint to commit suicide - just thought I'd add a little disclaimer to the idiom. And by idiom, I am not insulting you - idiom is a word for a phrase that isn't to be taken literally. I realize you're a genius and all, but based on things I have read in this thread I thought it best to make sure I made myself crystal clear.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:11 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,579,593 times
Does anyone else find it funny that, self proclaimed, geniuses are trying to convince us regular folk how great they are?

I really have to wonder about people who have to blow their own horn so loudly. Makes me wonder who they're trying to convnce us or themselves?

I am so glad my ego isn't tied up in a test score.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:12 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,579,593 times
Quote:
Be safe on your journey...it can be so hard finding the right genius...
Yeah, they're so picky about their dates

It must really suck to deal with people who are as picky as they are :lol

I'm so glad I'm normal. I don't want to live in a world where I size up my dates by whether or not I think I'm smarter than them. There are more important ways to size up dates

Old 12-01-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Makes me wonder who they're trying to convince us or themselves?
Their own selves, for sure. That's what makes it so amusing. Basically, the self-proclaimed genius has been smack-talking mainstream society and expressing how she feels compelled to spare the actual geniuses from us bottom-dwelling female dumb@sses, when technically, it's 'us' that they are really choosing to begin with. The whole "singles ad" thread has just been one big slam from one very well-worded individual. Being well-worded does not amount to a hill of beans without anything to back it up. Such as . . . personality, wit, character, style, grace. . . I'll take the latter over a high IQ any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships