Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you women date a crossdresser!
I’m a woman, I wouldn’t consider a crossdresser! 150 50.51%
I’m a woman, maybe I would consider a crossdresser! 32 10.77%
I’m a woman, I’d love a crossdresser! 16 5.39%
I’m a woman, I had a crossdresser and left him! 5 1.68%
I’m a woman, I had a crossdresser and seek more like him! 3 1.01%
I’m a woman, I have a crossdresser and tolerate him if he keeps it out of sight! 0 0%
I’m a woman, I have a crossdresser and tolerate him if he’s in drag! 5 1.68%
I’m a guy that just needs to see this poll! 86 28.96%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 06:04 PM

3 posts, read 16,485 times

Advertisements

Never had issues with this or what people do,,, but now my cross dressing husband if 20 years said he is curious and can't promise me he won't cheat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 08:54 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,380 times
This thread is crazy and some of these comments are cracking me up! NO I never want a man that is a cross dresser. For me personally men dressing in women's clothes is creepy and weird. If other women like that then that's fine.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:25 PM

2 posts, read 16,086 times
Sister, I didn't see where your so unattractive, and your legs look fine, I also did not see any hairy legs. I also dress 24/7/365 and spend every day in my femme mode. I also get men and women to chat with me when I am shopping. I am also fortunate that my voice is softer so i do sound femme without trying to. My feeling is this hon, if you dress with class you meet a classier group of people--men and women. Life is to enjoy, so let's enjoy it our way. Veronnica

Old 06-08-2013, 12:26 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
Rupaul.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:56 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Rupaul.
Rupaul isn't a cross-dresser. He's a drag queen.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:54 AM

861 posts, read 1,455,219 times
Crossdressers are freaks.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:14 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
Crossdressers are freaks.

Oooooooooooookay then. Informative. The ones I've met were entertaining. Can't say I thought they were freaks.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:48 AM

10 posts, read 36,973 times
I'm a divorced crossdresser, typical in some ways and not in others. I started crossdressing at a young age and didn't understand why. My parents caught me a couple of times and were OK the first time and concluded I must be gay, end of story. I thought I must be if I wanted to dress and act as a woman so I tried hooking up with a few guys, basically some bi friends. Found out I wasn't gay, didn't want a relationship with a man.

Like most I got together clothes, then purged them, then got more. It would have driven me crazy if the internet didn't exist and I found out there was something called a transvestite and I was one. Didn't dress for a few years, went to a Halloween party in college in drag and that sort of got me started again. After college I went to TV friendly bars and confided in a few close woman friends that I didn't just cross dress at Halloween. They were supportive especially when it came to hair, makeup and accessories. Got a little crazy going out then toned it down.

Met a woman and we got serious. We went out about a year and a half when we broke up, and I told her about my crossdressing. She freaked out. So I decided from then on I was going to tell whomever I was dating and if they left, well, they left. And most did - I'd say only about one or two out of 10 women were in the spectrum of tolerant to interested, and I only ever dated ONE woman who was "into" it.

When I met my soon-to-be ex-wife, I confided in her around Halloween time. She had a married friend whose husband crossdressed and caught her brother cross dressing so she didn't think it was any big deal. We got divorced after four years but crossdressing wasn't really a factor.

Being a 30 yo divorced single crossdresser is everything from awesome to terrifying. I go through phases when I dress a lot and stretches where I don't at all. My GF is also divorced and from Brazil and finds it fun sometimes and boring others, but just takes it as part of who I am. Most of my friends do as well. But 8 out of 10 women I meet still run away screaming. Maybe younger women just out of college it's only 6 or 7 out of 10 but you get the idea.

I think it's pretty common for crossdressers to want to have men attracted to them, but while a lot of them fantasize about it they aren't out there doing the guys at the local bath house. But if someone was a crossdresser when they married you and didn't tell you, that trust is already broken and most women do not believe the statistics that the vast majority of crossdressers are straight married guys. As mentioned I did date a few guys and - they're selfish in everything, including the bedroom, as if you didn't know that. Stick with women, they're nicer.

Many crossdressers really are just men in a frock. To really embrace femininity and all that is good about it is something that most seldom make any effort at all to do. I mean, if a crossdresser wants to "pass" they could try cooking dinner or cleaning the house, you know? Also if you are going to dress like a woman you are going to be judged by those standards and women are very observant. Men are a lot wider and thicker than women already so if you are carrying a few extra pounds, guess what? You are going to look immense. Either live with it or back away from the doughnuts and hit the gym, pool, bicycle, yoga, or all of the above.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:02 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Would women ever date, like, or marry a crossdresser? Have you ever dated one and how was it like? Or did you marry a guy and later find out he was a crossdresser - how did it turn out - did you stay or leave him?

What do you think about me? MY DETAILS -
5' 4" tall, consider myself slightly overweight at 152 lbs, I like to stay at 145 lbs or below. I fit size 4s but I'm a perfect size 6. Fit a rare few size 2s. I counted my skirt suits in my Texas APT - about $8900 worth, maybe 60 skirt suits? Plus I have real cheerleader, schoolgirl, and 2 goth outfits, + rare few casual wear. When I deck myself out with a wig, L'Oreal powder beard cover, fake breasts, lipstick, and a nice outfit like a skirt suit - I look like a real pretty woman! I go out like this and shop in drag and use the women's fitting room and bathroom and pass! My femme voice is 65% passable.

So would you ever date a guy like me? I'm not gay into men and never will have sex with men, I only like women, but I would do straight or role reversal with women. I look good enough in guy mode too to attract pretty enough women.

The pic is me in my $195 ebay St John skirt suit! I wore this out shopping in drag and a pretty tall blonde white women said hi to me like she wanted to be girl friends!

Post your thoughts and vote in the poll too!
LMAO! You need help, man.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:44 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi_83 View Post
I'm a divorced crossdresser, typical in some ways and not in others. I started crossdressing at a young age and didn't understand why. My parents caught me a couple of times and were OK the first time and concluded I must be gay, end of story. I thought I must be if I wanted to dress and act as a woman so I tried hooking up with a few guys, basically some bi friends. Found out I wasn't gay, didn't want a relationship with a man.

Like most I got together clothes, then purged them, then got more. It would have driven me crazy if the internet didn't exist and I found out there was something called a transvestite and I was one. Didn't dress for a few years, went to a Halloween party in college in drag and that sort of got me started again. After college I went to TV friendly bars and confided in a few close woman friends that I didn't just cross dress at Halloween. They were supportive especially when it came to hair, makeup and accessories. Got a little crazy going out then toned it down.

Met a woman and we got serious. We went out about a year and a half when we broke up, and I told her about my crossdressing. She freaked out. So I decided from then on I was going to tell whomever I was dating and if they left, well, they left. And most did - I'd say only about one or two out of 10 women were in the spectrum of tolerant to interested, and I only ever dated ONE woman who was "into" it.

When I met my soon-to-be ex-wife, I confided in her around Halloween time. She had a married friend whose husband crossdressed and caught her brother cross dressing so she didn't think it was any big deal. We got divorced after four years but crossdressing wasn't really a factor.

Being a 30 yo divorced single crossdresser is everything from awesome to terrifying. I go through phases when I dress a lot and stretches where I don't at all. My GF is also divorced and from Brazil and finds it fun sometimes and boring others, but just takes it as part of who I am. Most of my friends do as well. But 8 out of 10 women I meet still run away screaming. Maybe younger women just out of college it's only 6 or 7 out of 10 but you get the idea.

I think it's pretty common for crossdressers to want to have men attracted to them, but while a lot of them fantasize about it they aren't out there doing the guys at the local bath house. But if someone was a crossdresser when they married you and didn't tell you, that trust is already broken and most women do not believe the statistics that the vast majority of crossdressers are straight married guys. As mentioned I did date a few guys and - they're selfish in everything, including the bedroom, as if you didn't know that. Stick with women, they're nicer.

Many crossdressers really are just men in a frock. To really embrace femininity and all that is good about it is something that most seldom make any effort at all to do. I mean, if a crossdresser wants to "pass" they could try cooking dinner or cleaning the house, you know? Also if you are going to dress like a woman you are going to be judged by those standards and women are very observant. Men are a lot wider and thicker than women already so if you are carrying a few extra pounds, guess what? You are going to look immense. Either live with it or back away from the doughnuts and hit the gym, pool, bicycle, yoga, or all of the above.
Interesting post.

I was taught in a philosophy of biology class--and to my utter surprise--that males have same sex-sexual relations at a far greater rate than females have same-sex sexual relations.

The appearance you get from the media is the exact opposite. Same-sex sexual relations needs to be distinguished from homosexual orientation. But supposedly, I think, males are more often homosexual than women.

When I learned that about men in comparison to women in that philosophy of biology course it got me to thinking about looking at transsexualism (not cross dressing). And while I have no statistics it would appear the rate of males-become-females transsexuals far outpaces the rate of females-become-males transsexuals. Look at Brazil and Thailand that have sexual tourism for "shemales" and "lady boys." Even where my apartment is located at has black "shemale" prostitutes walking around the area. I mean they have basically taken over the area from the female prostitutes.

Crossdressing seems another phenomenon that seems to be far outpaced by males compared to females. Indeed, is there such a thing called "crossdressing" for females? There is none so far as I know. At least it's not culturally taboo.

On the other hand it seems Western women typically and frequently crossdress on a minor level when they break cultural fashion boundaries like the era in which they began wearing trousers (one might recall the phrased question, "Who wears the pants in the house?"). Men in Western Europe used to wear skirts (and robes and togas) until they adopted trousers from the nomadic horsemen of the East such as the Scythians. This is what I read in a military history book authored by a retired U.S. military officer I think. Scottish men still prize their traditional skirts. Kelts I think they call them. But that's something architecturally different from a cocktail dress.

What do you think it is that leads so many young boys--compared to young girls--to crossdress? Same question to you for grown men vs grown women?

Do you think it has anything to do with the concept you can lose your manhood, that masculinity can be lost? That manhood is acquired through accomplishments whereas womanhood is acquired biologically when a girl has her first period?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships