Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 06:04 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,983,629 times

Advertisements

^ You might want to pray to Santa and ask him for some guidance....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 08:29 PM

697 posts, read 2,016,898 times
Home, and who belongs there.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:17 PM

23 posts, read 81,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
It could be in your marriage or relationship, in the way your partner treats you, talks to you, makes love to you, or it could be an escape from your marriage, something you have acted upon in the past or fear that you might in the future. It could have nothing to do with romance or sex or any other person besides you, just something that simmers in your heart or hearts when you have those quiet moments of truth alone with yourself. What's missing in your life?
Hmm...great question. Not much is missing in my life as I've done well for myself and materially have everything I've wanted and probably more.

But I dont have that perfect 'soulmate'. I've dated all kinds of different girls and 9 out 10 wanted to get married. They would bring up the 'm' word and I was like "umm, okay" because I dont think people should rush into marriage which leads me to my next part:

The average relationship does not have that great of a compatibility level between the two people which has a lot to do with why the divorce rate is so high. You have stupid people like Britney Spears running off to Vegas and getting married while shes drunk as hell. Very classy and very stupid.

I could be absolutely s*h*!*t-faced where I cant even walk right and I'd STILL know not to get married just because it seemed like a cool/fun thing to do at that very moment..ha. Marriage isn't what it used to be. Seems like in the 50's and stuff that people just took things more seriously. Now marriage is so disposable!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:51 AM

2,751 posts, read 5,367,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pointone4 View Post
Hmm...great question. Not much is missing in my life as I've done well for myself and materially have everything I've wanted and probably more.

But I dont have that perfect 'soulmate'. I've dated all kinds of different girls and 9 out 10 wanted to get married. They would bring up the 'm' word and I was like "umm, okay" because I dont think people should rush into marriage which leads me to my next part:

The average relationship does not have that great of a compatibility level between the two people which has a lot to do with why the divorce rate is so high. You have stupid people like Britney Spears running off to Vegas and getting married while shes drunk as hell. Very classy and very stupid.

I could be absolutely s*h*!*t-faced where I cant even walk right and I'd STILL know not to get married just because it seemed like a cool/fun thing to do at that very moment..ha. Marriage isn't what it used to be. Seems like in the 50's and stuff that people just took things more seriously. Now marriage is so disposable!
Yeah, it's a commonly held truth that there are two parts of a "happy" life, professional and personal. Professionally you, (collectively), have chosen a career that suits your interests (passions) and abilities. You work towards, what you would consider, a high level of accomplishment everyday in that area and in time you can make real progress.

The problem with, "achieving goals" on the other side is that it is really a misnomer given the luck factor. So much is up to chance that you could easily get better odds in Vegas. First you must meet that someone, and not just someone with whom there is a mutual sexual attraction, (though without that why bother?), then once the conversing begins many sexual attractions fade when exposed to that harsh light. Then if you get beyond that the "living" with each other begins; whether literal or figurative, this is the stage that can leave more bodies in your wake than a rengade end run on a mud-soaked natural turf. Is it any wonder why people get frustrated and resign themselves to the solo life. Ok either way, the single and coupled lives both have their challenges. If you're single you can count on more than your sare of loneliness. If you're married and domesticated you can get so swamped by doing for others, so accustomed to compromising, that sometimes you will have to have to fight to remember who you are. We will always push ourselves to the point of critical mass, so why should we be surprised when we hit every friggin' wall?

Old 10-01-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 925mine View Post
Home, and who belongs there.
My home is hard to find. Maybe yours is the same or if not, it could be that it is unreachable for the time. Hang in there.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Lot's of stuff's missing. I love all you C-D forum peeps, but I can't share some of this stuff! But, I can assure you I'm NOT a cross-dresser!
I understand. Though nameless and faceless many things are private.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:00 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,172,840 times
Quote:
Where to? I've lived in alotta places, born and raised in pittsburgh except for one year in Baltimore. Lived in New York and Houston right out of college, but have been in L.A. now for more than ten years. Don't know Arizona at all, but the thing I most dislike about L.A. is the monotony of the weather, sunshine nearly every friggin' day of the year till it becomes surreal! one time a few years ago when I could no longer take that particular L.A. summer, I got on the 101 N. after work on a Friday afternoon and headed out of town. Of course it took me about an hour to get outta town but when I did it was like a prison break the way I felt. I found myself in a little town I never did get the name of, in a little room overlooking the town square, in a quaint bed and breakfast run I swear by Aunt Bee herself. The next day I rose early and got back on the 101, the weather was a thick mist to a light rain. I was on this long slight mountain alone, it seemed like forever until I suddenly came to the very top and the sun was as bright as it must have been on its very first day. I rolled down my windows and stopped my car. I looked around and listened to nothing. I turned off my engine and for the first time heard the sound of silence. I got out of my car and stood in the middle of the road quite a while. I could have heard a car approaching from a half a mile away. I walked around and leaned on my front fender, a sheet of white below me, above me the most beautiful blue sky I've ever seen, sitting on top of a cloud.
Wow, you are quite the writer. I would absolutely love to move to the east coast however, Texas hubby won't have anything to do with moving there so we had to compromise . We both really love colorado so we are hoping to relocate there as soon as we can......Selling our home would be the biggest obstacle....in this market anyway So I sadly sit and fantasize about the day we actually get there

Old 10-01-2008, 12:15 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,149,801 times
I yearn for Neko Case.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Wow, you are quite the writer. I would absolutely love to move to the east coast however, Texas hubby won't have anything to do with moving there so we had to compromise . We both really love colorado so we are hoping to relocate there as soon as we can......Selling our home would be the biggest obstacle....in this market anyway So I sadly sit and fantasize about the day we actually get there
First of all, thanks for the compliment. I should be finishing my novel within a week or two, (any boxing fans out there?) Myself, I have finally come to like L.A., but it took me about five years to get there. The weather, as strange as it may sound to some was the hardest thing for me to bet past; just not enough of it for me. I spent a weekend in Denver not too long ago, and it is a beautiful city and environs.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:25 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,172,840 times
Quote:
First of all, thanks for the compliment. I should be finishing my novel within a week or two, (any boxing fans out there?) Myself, I have finally come to like L.A., but it took me about five years to get there. The weather, as strange as it may sound to some was the hardest thing for me to bet past; just not enough of it for me. I spent a weekend in Denver not too long ago, and it is a beautiful city and environs.
I do hear you, and I completely know what you mean. Arizona is the same way....weather? What weather? it's either hot or hotter and sunny or sunnier lol. When it rains (every 6 months or so) it's almost like everything has to stop because people either are just amazed that water is coming out of the sky or they are too afraid to drive anywhere in it. The school system here is also really bottom of the barrel......

Boxing hu? Is it a biography?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships