Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:04 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,059,932 times

Advertisements

I think men are more likely to be jealous, so if they always suspect something, they will find it if it's there. Women are more devious and think things through A LOT, so unfortunately, we're better liars.... not that all of us do that, but I'm saying that if we wanted to, we're just better at it. That's kinda why I'm always telling my son that girls are evil and he needs to stay away. He's only 9, but he's been burned already by some sneaky little ones. I follow up by telling him that there's one in a million that's not, so he has to find her when he grows up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 08:10 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
I think men are more likely to be jealous, so if they always suspect something, they will find it if it's there. Women are more devious and think things through A LOT, so unfortunately, we're better liars.... not that all of us do that, but I'm saying that if we wanted to, we're just better at it. That's kinda why I'm always telling my son that girls are evil and he needs to stay away. He's only 9, but he's been burned already by some sneaky little ones. I follow up by telling him that there's one in a million that's not, so he has to find her when he grows up.
You are a good mother. You are teaching your son well.

You are telling the truth that many younger women will not admit.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
You are a good mother. You are teaching your son well.

You are telling the truth that many younger women will not admit.
Thanks, I'm just trying to teach him to have high standards. I see so many people just settling for whatever comes their way rather than seeking out what they really need and deserve. Hopefully, it doesn't backfire and cause him to distrust everyone.

On the other hand, my daughter doesn't like this advice very much, but I do tell her that she does have power over boys and she has to be very careful with that power not to take advantage of a boy that likes her. There's so much more that I tell them, but they're so young that my family and friends think I'm nuts for even talking to them about these things. All I can say to that is, I wish someone had talked to me about it.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:26 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy22 View Post
MEN ARE BETTER THAN WOMEN AT DETECTING INFIDELITY !!!
A study by Virginia Commonwealth University has found

Men 'better than women at detecting infidelity' - Science, News - The Independent
The research involved 203 heterosexual couples

KEY FINDINGS ARE:

Men were more likely to have cheated on their wives or girlfriends with 29 % admitting to at least one affair compared to 18.5 % of the women

Women made correct inferences about their partner's infidelity only 80% of the time but men scored significantly better –they were right about 94%

Men tended to suspect infidelity when there wasn't any

Men tended to be honest about their affairs whereas women tended to under-report infidelities by about 10 per cent

Woman appear to be so much better at concealing their infidelity whereas men are better at detecting infidelity, based on this evidence

I KNOW I DIDNT WRITE THIS PAPER BECAUSE THERE CERTAINLY SEEMS TO BE SOME CONTRADICTIONS.
Like if men are better at finding out infidelity,then how are women better at hiding it ?????
(I think someone hear needs to explain that to me)

ANYHOW WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ? I know I would have had woman down at being much better at detecting infidelity

I'm thinking that study is totally backwards......women are definitly better at detecting infidelity.....Luckily, i've never had worry about that but I can tell ya if he did I'd know before he did

Old 10-30-2008, 08:33 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,702 times
^You also have to talk with her about the players. Apparently, most women want players.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
^You also have to talk with her about the players. Apparently, most women want players.
Well, I was delaying that for the sex talk... not sure what age I'll do that. I just finished explaining the female reproductive system a few months ago and totally grossed her out. LOL

Old 10-30-2008, 08:48 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,702 times
Quote:
Well, I was delaying that for the sex talk... not sure what age I'll do that. I just finished explaining the female reproductive system a few months ago and totally grossed her out. LOL
That is gross. But good thing that you teach your daughter the things you are. Hopefully, your husband will also have talks with her about the sort of men that are out there. And what to avoid. Plus, he has to be a good figure so that your daughter can go after guys like him and not bad seeds.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:50 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,375 times
This is like saying somebodies good at spotting something because they are constantly looking for it, even if it's not there. So in other words Senator Macarthy was better at spotting communists because he suspected everybody was one?

And men have a higher rate of it, so you need a cheater to catch one?

Old 05-10-2009, 01:37 PM

19 posts, read 50,384 times
Do Southern men cheat more than men in the West or Northeast? What do you think/what is your experience? I would love to hear from both men and women. Thanks alot.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:12 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times
Quote:
Good for you, as long as you're absolutely fine with being a good, supportive parent to a gay son! If you're not, then quit trying to turn him against females.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships