Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 02:26 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,686,882 times

Advertisements

From a male standpoint...

I won't date a woman that still has kids at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 02:37 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,060,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
From a male standpoint...

I won't date a woman that still has kids at home.
I think that's wise.

I'm recently separated and refuse to date while the kids are still home. There's just something unsettling about having a man around when I will have a teenage daughter in the house. I just don't think it's appropriate.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:49 AM

78,518 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
I think that's wise.

I'm recently separated and refuse to date while the kids are still home. There's just something unsettling about having a man around when I will have a teenage daughter in the house. I just don't think it's appropriate.
Does this mean you won't date at all or that you won't have him over to your house?

I will have gals come over, just no sleep-overs. However, getting a sitter and going over to their house for the evening for cuddling and whatever else might occur doesn't expose the kids to anything.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Does this mean you won't date at all or that you won't have him over to your house?

I will have gals come over, just no sleep-overs. However, getting a sitter and going over to their house for the evening for cuddling and whatever else might occur doesn't expose the kids to anything.
I don't think I should be dating at all. What would I have to offer someone when I'm not willing to commit seriously?

Old 10-31-2008, 09:59 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,041,508 times
A woman with children wouldn't get near to me at all.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
A woman with children wouldn't get near to me at all.
I would feel the same way. Both men and women share this opinion and it's not wrong. Things get too complicated when you have children. Either you're going to focus on your kids or a new man. There will always be animosity between the two.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:13 AM

37,647 posts, read 46,061,169 times
My son does not meet my dates ever, unless it becomes a serious long-term thing. If I don't know them well enough to know whether or not he will be in my future, no way will I involve him in my son's. He was 12 before I even started dating.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 10-31-2008 at 10:33 AM..

Old 10-31-2008, 10:14 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,025,307 times
I can't sit here and say that I've ever done and official background check on anyone since becoming a mom. In the same sense before meeting the man I've been with for years (post childrens father) I didn't do a whole lot of dating at all. It was hard enough allowing my children to daycare and eventually schools, when they were younger. This world is just a messed up place altogether.

In Julia's defense, I don't think she got with the young man thinking he would ever harm her son or her brother or her mother. Yes the man had a record, but maybe she overlooked it because of the circumstances! This whole case is suspicious to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I was thinking about Jennifer Hudson and her family last night and it got me thinking about choosing who we associate with especially single women with children. In an age when people are meeting online how do you ladies with children protect yourselves and family from the nuts and undesirables out there. Do you do back ground checks on men you have plans on introducing to your kids? Is it something you worry about?

Jennifers sister Julia met this loser knowing he was a felon with a rap sheet that included attempted murder.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:41 AM

After all the stuff I found out about my ex- (after we were married with children), I'm tempted to run a check on anyone before the first date. You just never know. A person could be from a good family with awesome roots and nothing suspicious and have a lot of skeletons in the closet.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:39 PM

78,518 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
I don't think I should be dating at all. What would I have to offer someone when I'm not willing to commit seriously?
People date for a variety of reasons, then there are activity partners etc. a whole variety of options out there. Whatever you feel comfortable with is certainly up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships