Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 09:59 AM

11 posts, read 29,365 times

Advertisements

Scenario: You are at a bar sitting next to a guy and he starts engaging you in conversation. He is very attractive, articulate, extremely interesting, well dressed, and has a decent job. At some point you both stand up from your seats and take note of his height in relation to yours. Given the following 3 height observations, how likely are you to go on a date with him if he were to ask and you were available (oh, and you are wearing whatever type of shoes it is you would typically wear to go out...flats, pumps, sneakers, high-heels, stilettos, etc...):

A: He is 1 to 2 inches shorter than you.

B: He is the exact same height as you.

C: He is 1 to 2 inches taller than you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 10:05 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
If I was intrigued by him and he seemed to be a decent person, I wouldn't really care about a couple of inches (we ARE talking height!).

Old 10-31-2008, 10:11 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,058,734 times
A couple of inches is not big deal to me, but if it totally turns you off, run.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:11 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleEntendre View Post
Scenario: You are at a bar sitting next to a guy and he starts engaging you in conversation. He is very attractive, articulate, extremely interesting, well dressed, and has a decent job. At some point you both stand up from your seats and take note of his height in relation to yours. Given the following 3 height observations, how likely are you to go on a date with him if he were to ask and you were available (oh, and you are wearing whatever type of shoes it is you would typically wear to go out...flats, pumps, sneakers, high-heels, stilettos, etc...):

Given all those other appealing qualities, I don't think there would be too much difference in any of the scenarios. Lacking any knowledge of said qualites though, the taller guys always get more of my attention as I am taller than average myself.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:27 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,163,418 times
Quote:

A - NOPE
B - hmmmm....probably not
C - that's still kinda short for a guy....but yes, I would. I really preffer 6' and over though......

Old 10-31-2008, 11:11 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,019,456 times
Considering I'm only 4'11, we'd look like a couple lil munchkins with options A & B!!!!

I honestly don't mind shorter guys and I married a 5'7 guy, but my "ideal" is about 5'11.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:48 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,107 times
Quote:

I doubt that I would date either A, B, or C. Maybe C if I were wearing my highest heels at the time That would make him 5 or so inches taller than me.

Why are men so fascinated with this topic?

Old 10-31-2008, 12:47 PM

11 posts, read 29,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
I doubt that I would date either A, B, or C. Maybe C if I were wearing my highest heels at the time That would make him 5 or so inches taller than me.

Why are men so fascinated with this topic?
I can't speak for all men but it is fascinating to me because it baffles me how important it actually is to women. Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended by it. I'm a fairly attractive guy of average height, that probably gets looked over by a lot of women because I'm not "tall", but I do just fine with ladies of average height that would need some serious stripper platforms to be as tall or taller than me. You've got to admit that it is an interesting phenomenon though. Just take a look at your answer. The guy has basically everything going for him that should secure him at least a date with you, but the fact that he is not at least 5 inches taller than you (which then is only a "maybe" as you stated) is a no-go. In my mind I could understand if it were a "preference", in that you would prefer a significantly taller guy, but to you it seems to be much more like a "requirement". Again, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to belittle you and I appreciate your taking the time to respond and to be honest. I honestly don't even think its shallow. Just very interesting. I guess you could kind of compare it to the way a lot of guys look at a woman's weight/body type.
I'm curious though, how tall are you (barefoot) if you don't mind me asking? Just trying to put your comment into perspective.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:54 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
To sum this up then size as well as height do matter.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:58 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Jeep has not commented on this thread??? OMG! Something has happened to her!!! Call out the search party...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships