Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:39 AM

2 posts, read 3,178 times

Advertisements

I need some advice please!!

I had a major fling with this guy and we fell in love. At the beginning, we had the same mutal feelings for each. There were some complications and he was the one that ended things and called it quits on us.

I was deeply hurt by him and my heart was left very scarred up. The experience has traumatized me as it was so painful, it has changed me as a person, I don't allow people into my life as easily as that eliminates the possibility of enduring this kind of agony again. I still hold the wound and is trying extremely hard to erase him from my mind. I have not been successful thus far.

After things ended, we kept seeing each other occasionally afterwards but it had turned into more of a sexual relationship at that point.

Five weeks ago, we saw each other for the very last time and ended up in bed. (He did not know it was going to be the last time.) I never bothered to tell him as I felt he didn`t need to know. I made a promise to myself that it was going to be the last time that you are going to see him. I bit my lip hard and tried to closed that painful chapter of my life. I felt I desperately needed to put things behind me even though he still held a huge part of my heart. After that night, we have not talked to each other because I didnt want a relationship with him that was only based on sex anymore. I stop all forms of communication with him.

Then five weeks down the road from the last time we saw each other, he texted me and asked if "everything was good?". I was thrown off by it because:

A) My initial thought was he's probably only interested in wanting to know if I am pregnant or not from the last time we ended up sleeping together.

B) I was very shocked to hear from him again

C) Since we haven't talked for almost a month and a half, I thought the end had been reached for us finally. In some ways, knowing that I wasn't going to hear from him again gave me a slight bit of relief because I know he can't cause me anymore pain.

The next night I messaged him asking if he messaged because he was wanting to find out if I was pregnant or not. His reply was "No, it's just that I haven't heard from you in a bit. That's all."

What does he want from me?

Why make contact again after so long?

Some of my friends are saying that he may want to pick up where things were left off? How do I ask him about his feelings in a subtle way?

I really want to move forward and not fall back into painful territory, how do I prevent from being hurt by him again?

Can we ever be friends? Would it be a normal friendship?

I am Extremely confused...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 12:43 AM

918 posts, read 1,642,607 times
So you slept with him the last time you were going to see him..

I'd say run away, but maybe making good choices isn't something your capable of.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:45 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,542 times
Maybe he is trying to find out if you're pregnant or not, but there is nothing wrong with that since you slept with each other. I'm confused with you! I'm not sure what's going on because I'm not sure if this is the whole story or just parts of it, but I would leave it alone if you wanted it to end.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:20 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,509 times
You slept with this guy for how many number of times....and afterwards you wonder if you could be friends with him. Yea. You're confuse enough to need to get some counseling.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:27 AM

656 posts, read 2,741,973 times
Lets get this straight.

First you had a major fling (and fell in love)

Then later, you would only have occasional flings (just sexual visits)

Then you broke it off (by ending all communications)

So how did he know this ended? You made it sound like you
two were only seeing each other occasionally anyhow.
He just might of thought you were just taking a longer break.

Anyhow look you obviously are still in love with him.
So the only way to get over him is to get away from him.
So if you are going to do this anyway, then why don't you just tell him how you feel.
What have you got to lose ?
Whats the worst thing that can happen ?
Get your heart broken, It already is remember.

Hope this helps, and Good Luck.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:31 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandemdream View Post
I need some advice please!!

I had a major fling with this guy and we fell in love. At the beginning, we had the same mutal feelings for each. There were some complications and he was the one that ended things and called it quits on us.

I was deeply hurt by him and my heart was left very scarred up. The experience has traumatized me as it was so painful, it has changed me as a person, I don't allow people into my life as easily as that eliminates the possibility of enduring this kind of agony again. I still hold the wound and is trying extremely hard to erase him from my mind. I have not been successful thus far.

After things ended, we kept seeing each other occasionally afterwards but it had turned into more of a sexual relationship at that point.

Five weeks ago, we saw each other for the very last time and ended up in bed. (He did not know it was going to be the last time.) I never bothered to tell him as I felt he didn`t need to know. I made a promise to myself that it was going to be the last time that you are going to see him. I bit my lip hard and tried to closed that painful chapter of my life. I felt I desperately needed to put things behind me even though he still held a huge part of my heart. After that night, we have not talked to each other because I didnt want a relationship with him that was only based on sex anymore. I stop all forms of communication with him.

Then five weeks down the road from the last time we saw each other, he texted me and asked if "everything was good?". I was thrown off by it because:

A) My initial thought was he's probably only interested in wanting to know if I am pregnant or not from the last time we ended up sleeping together.

B) I was very shocked to hear from him again

C) Since we haven't talked for almost a month and a half, I thought the end had been reached for us finally. In some ways, knowing that I wasn't going to hear from him again gave me a slight bit of relief because I know he can't cause me anymore pain.

The next night I messaged him asking if he messaged because he was wanting to find out if I was pregnant or not. His reply was "No, it's just that I haven't heard from you in a bit. That's all."

What does he want from me?

Why make contact again after so long?

Some of my friends are saying that he may want to pick up where things were left off? How do I ask him about his feelings in a subtle way?

I really want to move forward and not fall back into painful territory, how do I prevent from being hurt by him again?

Can we ever be friends? Would it be a normal friendship?

I am Extremely confused...
Take some time and reread your post, the answer lies within. Take the lesson and move on. Next time ask yourself if this is how you want to meet your future husband. Good luck.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:38 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
This is not so complicated...if the last time you "saw" him was the last time for you, but you didn't tell him that he doesn't know you don't want to see him again. Therefore, he is just calling looking for another booty call.

Can someone PLEASE tell me why so many women these days have so little self-respect?

Old 11-03-2008, 07:40 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Oh, and try reading this other thread, maybe you will learn something that can help you:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...folks-who.html

Old 11-03-2008, 07:49 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
I think that he is hoping for a FWB relationship with you. That's all. After all, while there are no longer any hopes from you for a romantic future, you'd both still be having occasional sex with each other. On his part, all he wants is sex from you on a casual basis.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:52 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
I don't want to pile on here, but this is probably good advice for future relationships: When you end it, then end it. That means no booty calls, no returned phone calls, no nothing. It's just better for everybody involved. When I was single, there was nothing I hated worse than a woman who broke it off with me, but wouldn't leave me the hell alone. Just begone from my life already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships