Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:08 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,151,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitconfused View Post
OK, without a background story here, do you think it is normal for a married person or person in a serious committed relationship (a few years at least) to develop a crush/feelings for someone else?

because i think that if two people are so in love, there would be no room for feelings for someone else, but i don't know, maybe it's a normal part of life...what do you think? do share...thanks!
Yes, it's normal. Just because you are married doesn't mean you're incapable of having romantic feelings for others, or them having feelings for you. It's all about what you do with those feelings. Avoid any compromising situations; don't get into any situation where the two of you would be alone for an extended period of time. If he's in your circle of friends, you don't have to all out avoid him, just don't give him any indications of real interest beyond flirting, especially if you think he's the type who'd try something, regardless of your marital status. (Yes, we all flirt, it's normal and it's natural).

I'm a bit curious as to why you don't want to say more about the situation (you specifically said this). Is your crush or husband a regular poster, or did something happen that you know most of us would crucify you for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 06:12 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,508,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Exactly..... I have little mini-crushes on a weekly basis.... So what???

It's the day that I ask one of them out for coffee or a drink that I've crossed the line.....

Pretty simple to me really...

For those that have a love that leaves no room to get a little hot and bothered by someone else??? Hey, more power to ya..... Doesn't compute with me.... I love my wife, but that doesn't mean an attractive woman with a little sass, sarcasm and a quick wit isn't capable of pushing my buttons.....

Hey..... Life........ Whatcha gonna do???
Couldnt have said it better myself! Dont see what the big deal is.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:19 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,063,856 times
Totally normal. You will always find others attractive no matter how solid your relationship is. My gf's hubby is totally hot and hysterical so I'm always laughing around him. A small crush has developed. Would I ever do anything or act on it...NO WAY IN H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS!!! First, I LOVE my hubby and am in love with my hubby! No need to go anywhere else! Second, this is my gf's hubby so even if I was not married, I still would not act on it because she is married to him! Third, he is married so even if I was not married or knew who he was married to, the fact that he is married is a huge turn-off.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:22 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,558,592 times
Crushes are normal don't worry about it.

If it starts getting really bad, remind yourself why you're with your SO and find the little irritating things about the other.

Don't act on them EVER!

Old 11-04-2008, 06:28 AM

1,559 posts, read 689,778 times
Well, I am going to go against what most people are saying to you. I do agree finding other people attractive, or finding that other people find you attractive is great, and not really a big deal. Heck my head & hubbies turn every so often, but you are talking about a person you & hubby hang out with regularly.
I am sorry, but I don't see this as a good situation. Especially if he flirts slightly with you. I have seen too many bad outcomes based on that kind of situation. Don't act on any feelings... Be very careful & mindful of you husband and his feelings (role reversal). Good Luck.....

Old 11-04-2008, 06:34 AM

7,004 posts, read 21,363,511 times
It's perfectly ok to have a crush if you're taken/married. I have a platonic crush on sierra and colddiamond102. So what?

Old 11-04-2008, 06:51 AM

485 posts, read 1,315,279 times
Eight year itch?

Old 11-04-2008, 07:11 AM

414 posts, read 1,865,162 times
Absolutely. I have been married to my college sweetheart for a year and we've been together almost 5. I have a crush on his friend because he's just like the guys I used to date in college before meeting my husband. It's just innocent. I would never ever cheat on my husband. Plus, there's a reason I stopped dating those kinds of guys.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:14 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,177,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abitconfused View Post
OK, without a background story here, do you think it is normal for a married person or person in a serious committed relationship (a few years at least) to develop a crush/feelings for someone else?

because i think that if two people are so in love, there would be no room for feelings for someone else, but i don't know, maybe it's a normal part of life...what do you think? do share...thanks!
Totally normal....I hope or else i'm in trouble....but seriously, yes, eventhough married we are still human......with human feelings and urges and emotions.......it's not normal to act on those emotions though....a crush is where you should draw the line.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:44 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,982,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Just because you are married doesn't mean you went blind. So, I think it is normal to run into people you think are real attractive and just for a minute a weird thought may float through your head. However, if this is a person you are bumping into a whole lot and the thoughts are gaining a foot hold in your heart....you may need to take some time to get alone and sort it all out before any mistakes are make that you will regret later. I don't say this judgmental....but from past experience. It can creep up to bite you in the butt in a heartbeat and destroy your marriage.
I said that exact statement to a friend when very, pretty, girl went walking by. I was like, "Dang! She was HOT!" He said, "You're married." I said, "Just cause I'm married doesn't mean I'm blind."

Besides, if she looks really nice like she spent alot of time getting ready you can tell her she looks great. You will never see her again, why not make her day by giving her a nice compliment?

In your case though, he is WAY too close. Get some new friends. I think you got involved with him at a Halloween party and your feelings for him got really strong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships