Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 03:33 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,569,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I don't feel sorry for sierraAZ... and she's not asking for pity either. And I understand just where she's coming from.
True, I never heard sierraAZ "asking for pity" either, the point I was making is, she HAS met gays all her life, she just didn't realize it.

Not all gay men behave in the stereotypical flaming effeminate, catty, gay. hair stylist, etc behavior. Most men and women in today's world do not realize just how many men are in hetero marriages, conservative, and totally at the opposite ends of the spectrum. But since you don't KNOW they are gay, you have a different perception of gays.

Quote:
As to gay men, of the ones that were out of the closet, I did enjoy their company, but I found them all to be very catty, gossipy and they talking in a very sleazy immature manner, to the point that I didn't feel comfortable socializing too much with them because I'm more conservative in my approach to dating.
This would be similar to a man saying ALL women want to be barefoot in the kitchen, or some other such stereotype. Again, there are gays who lead chaste celibate lives. But since you don't know any, your perceptions are colored by what you see and not by the true reality of gay men.

Quote:
I don't even like to hang out with women that ogle men in public, it's just not me. And BTW these gay men spanned a wide age range. I remember one guy that was 20, with braces on that accentuated his teen looks and him talking about his older rich sugar daddy lover. Kind of icky. Or another gay man, a friend of a friend, that showed us his special bear hunter casual hookups website. That was also very disturbing to know about. And this guy was working for a state housing agency at the time.
LOL. People who work for state housing agency's are not supposed to hook up? "kind of icky"? Good post. Made me laugh. If you knew a str8 woman who was looking for hookups would that be disturbing?

Quote:
Of course, there must be conservative acting gays, but they haven't made their preferences known to me . And I'm waiting to meet an out of the closet gay man that does act and behave conservatively, and not always leering at other men, gay or straight.
Maybe you DO know a few conservative acting gay men and they just don't prefer your company. Thank you for sharing. I don't agree with your perceptions, but I am getting some insight into why you perceive them the way you do.

Back to the OP. I have known many women who are attracted to gay men even after finding out they are gay. I have a lot of women friends and half are surprised to find out I am gay.

And yes, I have had women let it be known they are attracted to me. I don't believe in playing with people's emotions, so I tell them right away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 03:41 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,206,025 times
I hardly think MOST women love gay men. How did you come up with that?
That's like saying MOST men love Blondes or MOST women love guys with muscles,etc...........there is no real way to come up with that conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Most women LOOOOOVE gay men. They have all the great qualities of regular girlfriends but without the monthly bit*hyness that most women have.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:51 AM

Man-o-man. I could not have said it better myself. That's the biggest turn off as it relates to gays. It's the "in your face, I have to let you know I am gay" attitude.

Even on this and other message boards, there could be a thread about Finance and some how,some way the "in house" regular gay poster has to add the "gay twist" by mentioning their sexual preference. How does being gay have anything to do with selecting stocks?

I could careless if you're gay but what I don't like is when you have to force it into every conversation or somehow let it be known that you're gay. The worst are the guys that actually think they are women. I have never seen women act the way a feminine gay guy acts. They waaaaaay over do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't care about their sexual preference. It's their behavior I can't stand. I suppose my opinion is based only on those who play the feminine part - the high-pitched voices, mannerism, snobbish attitudes, stupid remarks, etc...

Last edited by Ron.; 11-07-2008 at 04:04 AM..

Old 11-07-2008, 03:55 AM

No, not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
I've found myself getting enamoured of gay men a lot. Not that I "like like" them, I just wonder, are they like surrogate girlfriends? Brothers?

Old 11-07-2008, 07:55 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,912,828 times
Yes, about 13 years ago, after a bitter breakup, I moved from NY to IN, moved downtown and met a few gay men. Quite a few. I ended up moving in with one, and literally only hanging out with gay men, going to gay male clubs, parties (not lesbian clubs), etc, etc. I was dubbed their fairy princess, and as I was not interested in dating, it was perfect, I still went out but was soooo safe. Never had to worry about anyone taking advantage of me. Always had someone to help me with my makeup and outfits. Always had a sister around, but without the jealousy. It was a blast, I had so much fun, but eventually I had to get out of that scene. WAY too much drinking and WAY too much DRAMA!!! And the funny thing is, the drama turned into similar drama I would have with a woman!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 01:09 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,002,907 times
lol you are funny Ron but you make a fantastic point. Great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Man-o-man. I could not have said it better myself. That's the biggest turn off as it relates to gays. It's the "in your face, I have to let you know I am gay" attitude.

Even on this and other message boards, there could be a thread about Finance and some how,some way the "in house" regular gay poster has to add the "gay twist" by mentioning their sexual preference. How does being gay have anything to do with selecting stocks?

I could careless if you're gay but what I don't like is when you have to force it into every conversation or somehow let it be known that you're gay. The worst are the guys that actually think they are women. I have never seen women act the way a feminine gay guy acts. They waaaaaay over do it!

Old 11-07-2008, 01:11 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,545,927 times
the gay men that appeal to me are the ones that do not get in my face with their business and agenda. the ones that are educated, artistic and very good at their jobs. such men do so much to promote tolerance and unity.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:31 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,774,270 times
Gay men at least the younger guys seem very well-dressed,In shape..
And doing well finance-wise.(No children could be part of it)
I guess Women like them as friends because the sexual aspect doesnt enter..
The picture.But theres many gay guys who are as much drama as females lol
I have known gay guys who dont really like women but i have no idea why.
I agree with Huckleberry its annoying when someone has to tell you over and over that..
They are gay or bring it into every conservation.
That being said most of the gay guys i have known are closet or discreet.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,002,907 times
Gay guys don't like women for the same reasons women and straight guys don't like women.....women can be conniving and cold.....lets be real

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Gay men at least the younger guys seem very well-dressed,In shape..
And doing well finance-wise.(No children could be part of it)
I guess Women like them as friends because the sexual aspect doesnt enter..
The picture.But theres many gay guys who are as much drama as females lol
I have known gay guys who dont really like women but i have no idea why.
I agree with Huckleberry its annoying when someone has to tell you over and over that..
They are gay or bring it into every conservation.
That being said most of the gay guys i have known are closet or discreet.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:37 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,177,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Gay guys don't like women for the same reasons women and straight guys don't like women.....women can be conniving and cold.....lets be real
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships