Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:31 PM

78,847 posts, read 61,038,645 times

Advertisements

Ok, most of you know my history by now so not hashing it out again.

I have been back to dating for about 5-6weeks and while I am getting dates, some of excellent quality...it takes a while to cultivate those relationships. (Expecially because with on-line dating the first date or two is blind and they are REALLY cautious.)

I was involuntarily celibate during the last part of my marriage due to her illness and then was just off the market all together for a while after that ended. Total of about 2 years of no "fun" for me and it's starting to bug me.

Basically, I have a decent moral code but I find myself thinking about picking up someone for casual sex. (Yeah, I'd wrap it up...that's a given) Problem is I haven't really done this before...maybe just venting about it is the answer. I also have a gal I dated that would probably be good to go if I spent another date or two with her but that would be my only interest as we are not a LT fit at all. Hmmm....I will probably drop her a note.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 12:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,035,888 times
Man, math guy, you've really disappointed me. Casual sex is for losers man. You can do much better with your life.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:35 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,430,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Man, math guy, you've really disappointed me. Casual sex is for losers man. You can do much better with your life.
Oh, good grief!!! Be safe but, enjoy yourself Mathguy!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:37 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,243,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I have been back to dating for about 5-6weeks and while I am getting dates, some of excellent quality...it takes a while to cultivate those relationships. (Expecially because with on-line dating the first date or two is blind and they are REALLY cautious.)

I was involuntarily celibate during the last part of my marriage due to her illness and then was just off the market all together for a while after that ended. Total of about 2 years of no "fun" for me and it's starting to bug me.

Basically, I have a decent moral code but I find myself thinking about picking up someone for casual sex. (Yeah, I'd wrap it up...that's a given) Problem is I haven't really done this before...maybe just venting about it is the answer. I also have a gal I dated that would probably be good to go if I spent another date or two with her but that would be my only interest as we are not a LT fit at all. Hmmm....I will probably drop her a note.
I got the perfect faith in that whatever you decide will be the right choice.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
It's a temporary thing, just something I'm toying with...besides, with your rash of posts lately I honestly don't know when you are being serious or not.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:40 PM

I'm being serious with you. I hate casual sex. It is the ultimate of greed and vanity imo (besides being a pervert). It is worse than seeing 400 pound people at an all you can eat buffet stuffing greasy food down their throats....

Quote:
It's a temporary thing, just something I'm toying with...besides, with your rash of posts lately I honestly don't know when you are being serious or not.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:45 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,185,586 times
Quote:

Oh geez.....magazines, tv, movies, cyber sex (and no that wasn't an offer ).....anything but that.....it will make you feel trashy and she'd probably be trashy

Old 11-06-2008, 12:47 PM

Yes. Trashy plus the guilt and shame that lingers for a while. lol....great feelings huh!!!

good post lola....glad somebody agrees with me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Oh geez.....magazines, tv, movies, cyber sex (and no that wasn't an offer ).....anything but that.....it will make you feel trashy and she'd probably be trashy

Old 11-06-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I'm being serious with you. I hate casual sex. It is the ultimate of greed and vanity imo (besides being a pervert). It is worse than seeing 400 pound people at an all you can eat buffet stuffing greasy food down their throats....
I've been having a tough time lately with loneliness. Is it too much to ask that I find someone that could also use some general affection? I'm not hurting anyone, can't get anyone pregnant or diseased...not making anyone promises of love...it still goes against a lot of core things in me but I have needs.

Vanity it is not.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:50 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,185,586 times
Quote:
I've been having a tough time lately with loneliness. Is it too much to ask that I find someone that could also use some general affection? I'm not hurting anyone, can't get anyone pregnant or diseased...not making anyone promises of love...it still goes against a lot of core things in me but I have needs.

Vanity it is not.
(((((hugs))))))

alrighty...your all set
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships