Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:27 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,959,885 times

Advertisements

IMOHO, you are one consenting adult, and whomever she ends up being, we are confident that she will be one consenting adult. And what happens between two consenting adults is completely fine provided there are no laws stating otherwise....like havin a loop in your vette while it's doin 105 down the center stripe....

There are loads of consenting men & women out there in today's world who value a more "casual" hookup. They are fine, decent individuals who take the proper care before & after. Not really knowing you, but feeling as though I do somewhat by your posts, you can trust your judgement in choosing a lady who you are already friendly with & know that there is some mutual attraction/chemistry.

Besides, I don't think in terms of "it's just sex". Sex is so much more, even the quick fling or one night stand, with the right person, can be special. It can renew your self-confidence & worth as a human being. It can remind you & your partner why we humans are fortunate enough to be the only species that can experience it on an emotional level rather than solely for reproduction.

Rock on, Mathguy, rock on!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 07:58 PM

78,664 posts, read 60,852,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
Did you consider meeting women a different way? I hear great things about the internet sites, and know people that have had great success using them, but it does help to use all options available to you.

If you meet someone at an organization or through a friend, things might move along quicker.
I'm considering all my options at this point. I am joining some social groups...I really haven't been back to dating all that long and have INTENTIONALLY started slow just to see what I could handle at first.

I'm just now starting to kick things into higher gear.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,257,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm considering all my options at this point. I am joining some social groups...I really haven't been back to dating all that long and have INTENTIONALLY started slow just to see what I could handle at first.

You're our inspiration, MG! The brave guy you are!

The thought of doing the same makes my skin crawl.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:19 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,189,497 times
Go for it. Just protect yourself

Old 11-06-2008, 08:31 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,662,125 times
Have fun, go for it.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:22 AM

78,664 posts, read 60,852,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
...like havin a loop in your vette while it's doin 105 down the center stripe...
105? When I do that 4th, 5th and 6th gear get lonely.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:26 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,912,828 times
Quote:
I've been having a tough time lately with loneliness. Is it too much to ask that I find someone that could also use some general affection? I'm not hurting anyone, can't get anyone pregnant or diseased...not making anyone promises of love...it still goes against a lot of core things in me but I have needs.

Vanity it is not.
I understand what you mean, and wouldn't judge you either way.

Personally though, I feel sex that is done just for physical reasons, would leave a person feeling empty, like something is lacking, and if done for reasons of loneliness, just might make you feel even more lonely.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:33 AM

37,518 posts, read 61,553,543 times
Quote:
I've been having a tough time lately with loneliness. Is it too much to ask that I find someone that could also use some general affection? I'm not hurting anyone, can't get anyone pregnant or diseased...not making anyone promises of love...it still goes against a lot of core things in me but I have needs.

Vanity it is not.
I hear you.

I read about these FWB. Maybe that is an answer. Though I have no idea how you would go about to get into one of those.

I can see that moral issue obviously with one-night stands, and I do see the problems inherent with marriage.

You get lonely, hanging out with the guys, does not fill the gap. You would like some intimacy with a female, but wow, should you let one sink the hook into you forget it, you will never see intimacy again.

So what is the answer?

I have no clue.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:34 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,062,068 times
Quote:

I know you must be going nuts right now, but it seems like you just need a little bit more patience. Try to keep yourself occupied and not spend too much time alone. I know it's hard to do, but until you get it out of your system, it will overtake every thought you have. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:52 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,508,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Oh, good grief!!! Be safe but, enjoy yourself Mathguy!!!
Hey Mathguy. I dont think you could any better than taking advice on this subject from someone named "DRILLER!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships