Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:54 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,071 times

Advertisements

I had to look at the title twice, slowly, because I thought my sleepy eyes were reading it wrong! LOL

Can't blame the animal - you are on the animals turf, not the other way around.

Date women without pets.

I have a cat and a dog. If you were to come in my home and request that my "children" be locked in the utility room while you try to hump and mount me, your azz would be tossed out first. I have a household where my animals must like you, if they do not like you (and vice-versa) - ka-boom! - there is the door, buddy. I do not trust people who do not like children and animals (without a true allergy to back-up their reasoning, even then, I know people who love animals, just cannot be around them without their eyes and nose running like a faucet, or asthma being set-off).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 04:59 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,030,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Can't blame the animal - you are on the animals turf, not the other way around.

Date women without pets.
Best thing. Animals are territorial and protective of their people until it's understood that this other human is a new member of the pack and has a place in the pecking order.

These are my Pets
I love them best
This is their home
You are the guest
So if you find my Pets a peeve
Then by all means feel free to leave!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:06 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Love me, love my dogs and cats... lol! Seriously though, any boyfriend of mine needs to love animals as much as I do. I'm not putting my cats outside for the night just to make him happy. And if he's going to be that fussy about fur in my bed, then he can just take a permanent hike... or we can convene at his place.

I saw an ad on craigslist last week where a man was trying to rehome his12 year old dog because his new wife was allergic to her! I would never get serious or marry a man that was allergic to my pets. That'd be a big deal breaker for me. I've had dogs and cats as pets for all of my life. I'm not changing that for a man.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:52 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,330,045 times
It's highly unlikely that a pet will see you with different eyes if you do the "horizontal mambo" in front of them. I would freak out if the cat comes to you afterwards, pats you in the back and says: "Well, well, well, how you doing stud?"

Old 11-07-2008, 06:12 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
I had posted a discussion last night, but it was deleted. So I assume I need to be less graphic about it.

Anyway, Im not so angry as I was last night, but to re-cap I met someone who had their cat climbing and sniffing all over my clothes while we were being intimate.

I also didnt like the idea of when I first meet someone, they have their cat/dog running the house, or spend half the date yelling at their pets to get off the sofa or go to the other room. HELLO! you should have put your pet in the other room before I get to your house!

I was so turned off from the nasty cat poop smell and the cat itself, that I quickly got dressed and left. Do people not realize that having their pet staring at a someone being intimate is uncomfortable? Dont get me wrong, I love pets...but I came to spend time with you...not AND your cat/dog. The reason why I am griping about this now is because I have had it happen 2, 3, 10 times already!

p.s. I meant to have this posted in the relationship forum.
Who knew? Pets as a way of promoting abstinence? I love it!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:15 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,110 times
Could it be that you were on THE CATS COUCH? Cats are just as territorial as dogs. Would be different if the cat was bothering you in the bedroom. Just remember that when you arent there the cat is most likely curled up on that couch.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:19 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
no, I think some have completely misunderstood...

Like I said, I love pets. The problem was that the cat was curling his/her (i dont know) tail around my legs and walking past us while we were on the couch.

someone mentioned my clothes? I was wearing bath and body works lotion and body spray. apple scent? Cats dont like apples right?

In addition, its not whether they are paying attention, its the concept. I lived with my dog, turtles, snakes and all kinds of pets when I was younger. I would never imagine bringing them into the bedroom with me.

Also, what about when people spend the whole time yelling at their cat/dog to go away or get off the couch? so annoying! Then, they interrupt your conversation by yelling at them. so inconsiderate
I think your post is a bit wacko, frankly. For the life of me I don't get why a cat being around you would freak you out like this. When I have company, no, I do NOT hide the cat. The cat does her business in the litter box, not where it can create a noticeable odor. And you have YET to answer this question - WHY the odor?????? Where the hell is the litter box????? I find it odd that you don't answer this. Is this guys place a dump? If having animals around you when you are in the throes of intimacy freaks you out, then quite honestly, I think YOU are the one with a problem. This is simply a non-issue for most of us, so I'm thinking you simply have some weird issues to deal with.

My suggestion for you is to ensure that future paramours don't have pets, as the likelihood that they will be "running around" is pretty good.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:33 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
Best thing. Animals are territorial and protective of their people until it's understood that this other human is a new member of the pack and has a place in the pecking order.

These are my Pets
I love them best
This is their home
You are the guest
So if you find my Pets a peeve
Then by all means feel free to leave!

OOOoooooOOOOoo I likey that poem! I thinky I want to get that done in beautiful Calligraphy and placed in a gorgeous frame in my home for display! Reps to the poet!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:19 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,765,252 times
Maybe the Dog/Cat was trying to pick up a few pointers....

Old 11-07-2008, 07:29 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,374 times
As a pet owner, I have to agree with the OP and the cat smell. I would never have anyone over if my house smelled like that LOL
On the OTHER hand though, you can't ask someone to "put away their pet" when you come over for some nooki. I mean I've never put my cats / dog away when I had a visitor, I did let them know that I had pets though... If you didn't grow up with pets, you might want to screen your potential booty calls so that you aren't put in that situation again. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships