Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 04:15 AM

283 posts, read 761,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Whew...I have! I know there are several new posters (welcome, BTW) but there seems to be an undercurrent lately...are we still coming down off the pre election jitters? The economy? or do we all trust each other enough to be brutally honest??
its true! i feel guilty because i'm new and i've been less than nice on a few occasions, and i'm really not like this normally. i'm not sure why some things get to me on this message board. i think it's because i'm fairly liberal in my views especially when it comes to relationships, and i feel that most people here are very conservative and religious. but i live in one of the most liberal cities in the world and my attitudes are perfectly normal here. until i started using this forum i was never exposed to such conservative views. America really is a strange place in this regard.. some people are so incredibly liberal and some hold the opposite views.
so in a way it's opened my eyes to this layer of society i wasn't privy to before. its fascinating! i wonder if i should be less vocal in my views though just to keep the peace... i dont feel comforable with confrontation either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 06:19 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,322,238 times
Quote:
Whew...I have! I know there are several new posters (welcome, BTW) but there seems to be an undercurrent lately...are we still coming down off the pre election jitters? The economy? or do we all trust each other enough to be brutally honest??

May be all the gals monthly cycles are at the same time and it indirectly affects some of the guys. For those without monthly cycles may be its time for HRT or if already on HRT....time to crank up the dosage.

That's all I have to say about that.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:51 AM

But seriously, this forum is made up of all sorts of people. Young, mature, mature minded, downright inmature, intelligent, dumb as hell, emotionally crippled, mentally ill, funny as hell, those who think they are funny and of course the peacemakers.

I know I have a habit of saying what I mean and not what I think will gain me reps, adulation of cyber folks that I will never meet and unwanted kisses to my brown derriere. I have to shake my head at some of the threads and thank heavens that good common sense runs in my family and that even my 13 year old niece can handle her life better than some stuff I read here, which begs the question, are some people for real or is it just fiction for entertainment or is it an American thang? Regardless it's great entertainment and I sometimes can't get enough of the train wrecks, although lately I've began posting more with like minded angry people on the current affairs/ politics forum. Sorry, but placing lol after every other word is a little insincere and it's not my style and when I do respond to someone with smilies it's because I mean it.

When someone hijacks a thread that is about their relationship with a pet and starts posting irrelevent facts about Africans in Africa in an effort to spew their hatred for Blacks...I'll say something...of course I could just let it go......

This is not Mayberry.

Last edited by Raggy dee Ann; 11-10-2008 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: after thought

Old 11-10-2008, 07:08 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,292,008 times
I am constantly re reading posts to make sure I am reading them correctly and in the smae spirit in which they are intended...so much gets lost in the written word when we are on forums. There have been times when I am so happy I reread the posts because had I responded without checking I would have meade a fool of myself.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:19 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,431,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrals View Post
its true! i feel guilty because i'm new and i've been less than nice on a few occasions, and i'm really not like this normally. i'm not sure why some things get to me on this message board. i think it's because i'm fairly liberal in my views especially when it comes to relationships, and i feel that most people here are very conservative and religious. but i live in one of the most liberal cities in the world and my attitudes are perfectly normal here. until i started using this forum i was never exposed to such conservative views. America really is a strange place in this regard.. some people are so incredibly liberal and some hold the opposite views.
so in a way it's opened my eyes to this layer of society i wasn't privy to before. its fascinating! i wonder if i should be less vocal in my views though just to keep the peace... i dont feel comforable with confrontation either.
Same here, although I'm new to this particular forum, I'm not new to the boards AND I don't feel guilty.

Most of the members on the other messageboards I belong to tend to be a bit more liberal like me, so as Spyral mentioned, this board can be quite fascinating and an eye opener in regards to the country I live in.

Most of the time I keep my views to myself. People on here can be down right indignant about their beliefs and views and more often than not, it's not worth my time giving or explaining my point of view.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,186,041 times
I'm guilty i'm sorry anyone want to spank me now? hahaha I'm kidding guys...kidding.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrals View Post
It could also be a cultural thing because I know when I lived in the US I was constantly .

Old 11-10-2008, 07:24 AM

78,868 posts, read 61,050,203 times
Quote:
I am constantly re reading posts to make sure I am reading them correctly and in the smae spirit in which they are intended...so much gets lost in the written word when we are on forums. There have been times when I am so happy I reread the posts because had I responded without checking I would have meade a fool of myself.
Beautiful post, rep for you!

"Written communication is inherently difficult" - Source Unknown

Old 11-10-2008, 07:25 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,292,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I'm guilty i'm sorry anyone want to spank me now? hahaha I'm kidding guys...kidding.
Some of the guys might take you up on it

I know it's not Mayberry but jeez, it is our spare time..why spend it getting snarky?? I would rather forge friendships than get into sparring matches... Just call me Polly...

Old 11-10-2008, 07:26 AM

78,868 posts, read 61,050,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I'm trying not to laugh so loud as to disturb my co-workers after reading that. Thanks for waking me up on a dreary Monday.

Sorry, no rep for you...you have a habit of making good posts and I have to spread the love around more first. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships