Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 10:02 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,813,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
Attractive women are narcissitic, stuck up, and act like they're better than everyone else. I wouldn't want to date a good looking woman, I know that sounds weird coming from a guy, but It's true in my case.
Sounds like you're the "narcissitic, stuck up" one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 10:07 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,404 times
They have no need to be friendly. They get what they want out of life without having to bother with niceties. They can ignore you if you dont look rich or attractive enough and still have the feeble-minded of opposite sex chasing them for their sex appeal.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:24 AM

589 posts, read 638,962 times
I'll agree, but only very partially. I can't speak for others but only myself. With me, I find that women under 30 are unfriendly but out of shyness. Girls are very shy around me, but women over 30 are more friendly and outgoing. I can't count how many times I've found out later on the girl liked me, but I took it as lack of interest and confidence. I don't reward shyness. No girl gets a free pass from me in that regard.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:29 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,404 times
Well, I will add also that it can bear on location. Attractive women here in Sacramento can be very aloof, even rude.
But from my own experience, they seem nore open and friendly in larger cities like SF, LA and Ptown. But that can also depend on how they see me.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:30 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times
I find that if I am friendly and smile a lot... just about everyone is friendly with me--even the good looking people. If I see a man walking down the street with a scowl on his face... I smile and say hello and his whole facial expression changes (sometimes they even say hi back). Same goes with women too, but to be honest, most times I don't interact with other women. In my universe, the key to finding friendly people is to make them that way (and yeah, I kind of do the smile and hello thing as my own mini-unscientific social experiment).

Last edited by jillabean; 10-22-2013 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-22-2013, 11:24 AM

207 posts, read 354,728 times
Some people just don't feel like being friendly. People act like they deserve friendliness from people who are just out minding their own business.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:26 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,039 times
Interesting that this thread is brought back, but I have some new thoughts to add to this anyway. Maybe most attractive people do act very unfriendly, but then again, most people act unfriendly whether they are attractive or not.

It's the culture.

Fortunately, it is like the OP says, Most. Most is obviously not all. There is one person I know, she is very attractive. As a matter of fact, she is one of the most attractive women I have ever seen and she is very kind to me, almost to the point that it makes me wonder.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:16 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
This is a trend that I think I just noticed.

Most very attractive people (young adults in particular) seem to have a near-permanent stone-faced expression on their face in public. They either never say anything or never say much and come across to me as very-unfriendly.

Being a young adult straight single male, by default I've noticed this primarily with young women, but I've also noticed this amoung young guys too when I was bored.

Perhaps it is just my area.
The Greater Toronto Area is known for residents to be pretty cold or indifferent to strangers.
Perhaps I'm only noticing this because actractive people tend to draw more attention.

Or maybe I'm on to something...
Oh lord, did you just step in it.

You made a general observation on CD. That means you will shortly be getting a torrent of angry responses from people who all accuse you of the same thing: overgeneralizing. Many CD posters have overgeneralizing Turret's syndrome. They cannot read a post in which anyone makes an observation about anything without standing up and shouting, "Stop overgeneralizing!" You have my sympathy.

That said, yes, a lot of beautiful people are standoffish in public. There can be a number of reasons for this. Sometimes it is arrogance. Sometimes it is an affectation, an "I'm too cool for you" posture.

But sometimes pretty people, and particularly young, pretty women, are so sick and tired of being of being constantly hit on, they cultivate a hard-looking exterior to put people off. I have a half-sister who is drop-dead gorgeous, and she had to do this all the time. If she didn't, guys just wouldn't leave her alone. And I don't just mean guys wouldn't leave her alone at bars or clubs. Guys would hit on her in laundromats, at bus stops, in grocery stores. Guys would yell stuff at her all the time from cars as she walked down the street. On several occasions, when we were in high school, guys actually followed her home to find out where she lived. It was absolutely insane.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:57 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Oh lord, did you just step in it.

You made a general observation on CD. That means you will shortly be getting a torrent of angry responses from people who all accuse you of the same thing: overgeneralizing. Many CD posters have overgeneralizing Turret's syndrome. They cannot read a post in which anyone makes an observation about anything without standing up and shouting, "Stop overgeneralizing!" You have my sympathy.

That said, yes, a lot of beautiful people are standoffish in public. There can be a number of reasons for this. Sometimes it is arrogance. Sometimes it is an affectation, an "I'm too cool for you" posture.

But sometimes pretty people, and particularly young, pretty women, are so sick and tired of being of being constantly hit on, they cultivate a hard-looking exterior to put people off. I have a half-sister who is drop-dead gorgeous, and she had to do this all the time. If she didn't, guys just wouldn't leave her alone. And I don't just mean guys wouldn't leave her alone at bars or clubs. Guys would hit on her in laundromats, at bus stops, in grocery stores. Guys would yell stuff at her all the time from cars as she walked down the street. On several occasions, when we were in high school, guys actually followed her home to find out where she lived. It was absolutely insane.
Old thread is old.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:03 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,286,674 times
just to add a counterpoint

the nastiest human being ive ever known was also the ugliest physically and im talking about a woman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships