Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 11:22 AM

27,383 posts, read 27,427,661 times

Advertisements

My last boyfriend spent the night from time to time at my place, or vice versa. Sometimes when we got back so late from a gig or a concert, we would be too tired to drive anywhere else so either he could stay at mine or he'd have me stay at his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 11:24 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,202,862 times
That sounds reasonable and logical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
My last boyfriend spent the night from time to time at my place, or vice versa. Sometimes when we got back so late from a gig or a concert, we would be too tired to drive anywhere else so either he could stay at mine or he'd have me stay at his.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:04 PM

36,658 posts, read 30,967,790 times
We stay over more nights than not. He dosent like to sleep alone.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,243,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
We stay over more nights than not. He dosent like to sleep alone.
I'm curious how women handle it. Does he stay at your place more often? What do you do in the morning when you stay at his place? It's so inconvenient. Do you keep clothes and other stuff at his place or do you go back to yours first? I don't know where you live, but in big spread-out cities this is just not feasible...

Old 11-13-2008, 05:09 PM

11,401 posts, read 24,491,532 times
I never found it inconvenient. With my last long-term boyfriend, when his house was clean enough I'd spend a weekend night out there on a regular basis. I kept a toothbrush there, nothing else really. I have no problem wearing something two days in a row. When I got ready to go home, I did.

And the same with him. On a regular basis he'd spend the night or the weekend at my place. He might have an extra shirt or pair of pants here. We'd cook dinner, watch movies, drink wine, and relax..

Honestly it's my favorite way to "date".

Old 11-13-2008, 05:35 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,894,855 times
Quote:
How often does he/she/you spend the night?
I don't think questions of that nature should be asked on a public forum, and I'm not sure what good it'll do for anybody to know how often other posters "spend the night" together. Things like that are personal and should be kept that way, and I'm not interested in knowing how other posters spend their nights, or with who.

I know it's up to other posters to either answer this question or not, and I'm just expressing my opinion regarding the nature of questions like this.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:29 PM

11,401 posts, read 24,491,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I don't think questions of that nature should be asked on a public forum, and I'm not sure what good it'll do for anybody to know how often other posters "spend the night" together. Things like that are personal and should be kept that way, and I'm not interested in knowing how other posters spend their nights, or with who.

I know it's up to other posters to either answer this question or not, and I'm just expressing my opinion regarding the nature of questions like this.
Umm, did you just pick this one at random? Have you been run out of OT for bad behavior? If you want real naughty threads, you could find worse ones here.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,243,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I never found it inconvenient. With my last long-term boyfriend, when his house was clean enough I'd spend a weekend night out there on a regular basis. I kept a toothbrush there, nothing else really. I have no problem wearing something two days in a row. When I got ready to go home, I did.

And the same with him. On a regular basis he'd spend the night or the weekend at my place. He might have an extra shirt or pair of pants here. We'd cook dinner, watch movies, drink wine, and relax..

Honestly it's my favorite way to "date".
Oh, weekends are fine. It's the school nights I can't quite relate to and find inconvenient. If I show up at work wearing the same clothes I wore the day before I might as well write on my forehead "hey, I got lucky last night!"

Old 11-13-2008, 06:39 PM

303 posts, read 1,387,877 times
I have never really been big into the sleepovers but it seems men are. In my last two relationships I often got scolded/questioned over why I didn't do it more often. I just like my space and yeah it can be inconvenient... I'm a woman and I need things in the morning to make myself presentable.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:41 PM

638 posts, read 1,920,003 times
after we had sex for the first time we were ALWAYS together, either at my place or his.. a month later we moved in together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships