Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 09:14 AM

1,152 posts, read 3,201,200 times

Advertisements

My view on this is "seldom if ever." I like my personal space, and I like sleeping alone for the most part. I don't think I am alone in that. I mean, its one thing if its a late night partying lets just crash at my place type thing. But regularly.. nah.. I think this is in line with my general preference for DATING (that is, the old fashioned meaning of that word, namely, going out together, etc) as opposed to "playing at marriage." So we go on a DATE (say dinner), then maybe back to one or the others house for drinks and whatever else, then the date is over and we go to our own homes. Just my view of things.

Of course I also don't like the idea of cohabiting prior to marriage. No, I'm not a prude. I just think its a bad idea (personal opinion).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 09:41 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
I'm curious how women handle it. Does he stay at your place more often? What do you do in the morning when you stay at his place? It's so inconvenient. Do you keep clothes and other stuff at his place or do you go back to yours first? I don't know where you live, but in big spread-out cities this is just not feasible...
It is about equal. I prefer to be at my house tho. During the week when Im at his place I just get up and get ready for work. Sometimes go home first. I have toothbrush, tampons and a few clothes there. Now that he gets up at 3, he dosent stay at my place during the week. On the weekends, I hang out awhile, drink coffee, then go home. We live about 8 miles apart so its not a big deal.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:42 AM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Once upon a time while dating the future Mrs. Mathguy, we stayed over with each other maybe 1-2 times but then more like 4-5 times a week.

Now that I have kids, I haven't run into this problem yet but in general....no sleep-overs so that my kids are seeing you leave in the AM. My kids go to bed by 9ish and never get up in the night so if I develop a significant other we have many many hours of privacy in a gi-normous house with thick walls and solid wood doors.

Heck I have a nice basement guest bedroom that is 2 floors away from them where you could set off a bomb and they wouldn't hear it. (That's not a euphamism lol)

Old 11-14-2008, 10:50 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
I'll never forget the time my mom showed up at my place out of the blue and found my girlfriends tampons and toothbrush in the medicine cabinet!

Old 11-14-2008, 11:00 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,728,348 times
She might come over 0-2 nights a week. I will usually go over 2-4 times a week since it is close to work and school.

Last night she came over..hogged the bed...right in the middle, took the covers and I woke up literally with half my body hanging over the side, almost fell off.

Told her..um..no more. I have a Queen, she has a Cal King though...

Old 11-14-2008, 11:24 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Once upon a time while dating the future Mrs. Mathguy, we stayed over with each other maybe 1-2 times but then more like 4-5 times a week.

Now that I have kids, I haven't run into this problem yet but in general....no sleep-overs so that my kids are seeing you leave in the AM. My kids go to bed by 9ish and never get up in the night so if I develop a significant other we have many many hours of privacy in a gi-normous house with thick walls and solid wood doors.

Heck I have a nice basement guest bedroom that is 2 floors away from them where you could set off a bomb and they wouldn't hear it. (That's not a euphamism lol)
Sorry to rain on your parade, MG, but I fail to see much fun in leaving in the middle of the night on Fri or Sat... It's probably better if you go to her place and get a babysitter.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,897 times
Don't stay alone without sex. Browse our sex dating profiles archive to pick up a hot girl for ****. Find Your **** Buddy at [url=http://www.NightDating.us]Find Your **** Buddy(www.NightDating.us)online adult dating[/url] - best 100% free online adult dating site
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships