Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 PM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,264,211 times

Advertisements

I'm a natural woman. For a dressed up occasion, I will use a tinted moisturizer and a neutral lipstick. And my boyfriend greatly prefers a natural woman. Two years ago, he went to LA for a motorsports event with the guys at his shop. They went clubbing and he was telling me about tons of scary looking girls with "raccoon eyes" at the dance club... and he gave me the impression that it was some new fashion trend. I was imagining gobs of eyeliner like Ellen Degeneres on that American Express commercial where her entire tv show staff is composed of animals like giraffes and raccoons. Eventually, he was able to point out some girls in our area with "raccoon eyes" and it was just that they were heavy on the black eyeliner and eye shadow.

Speaking of Ellen Degeneres, I like the way she looks.

I feel that part of the reason I look young for my age is because I don't wear makeup. And I feel that decades of wearing eye makeup and then cleaning it off before bed causes the fragile skin around the eyes to get pulled out, sag and then get wrinkled looking before its time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,733,940 times
Give me natural every time!

Old 11-14-2008, 12:36 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,673,384 times
I'm a big fan of the natural look. It's one thing to take 5 minutes to touch up your face before going out on a date, but I personally don't like being with someone who needs to spend an hour every morning doing hair and makeup, especially when they're just going to work or the store. That's the kind of thing I would expect celebs to do, but that's only cause they're worried about being photographed.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,726,842 times
oh yeah - when I say "natural" I seriously mean= no make up at all

Not Natural looking or light make up - I mean zilch, nada~

Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 PM

36,813 posts, read 31,098,258 times
Quote:
Women: which one are you?
Definately natural. I dont even own any make-up.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:39 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,292,819 times
I prefer the natural look. But for it to work, the woman has to really take care of herself in terms of exercise and eating properly. Otherwise the natural look really begins to look awful in a big fat hurry.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:42 PM

12,585 posts, read 17,004,006 times
Guys don't really think about that stuff. We are cool both ways. If we look at you and you put on some lash stuff and a little shiny lip gloss that sparkles we will make a double take.

I think this is a woman issue. Unless you are really ugly and need it us guys don't care either way.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:43 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,034,858 times
For the most part, I'm an all natural gal! ...with the exception of having to spend a few mins on my hair, but that is because it is REALLY curly. To where it down takes extra care or it turns into a frizzy, messy nightmare.

I will go out with very, very light makeup that highlights my good points but applied in a very un-obvious way. Only because I like to see heads turn and eyes on me every so often.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:43 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,542,224 times
How is the chest? If spectacular enough - I don't care if wearing make up or not!

On a bit more serious note, I prefer natural. If someone NEEDS make up, it is no good.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:48 PM

9 posts, read 23,892 times
Default Natural All the Way

I prefer the natural look. I have in the past tried make up and I think it actually makes me look worse. I think it takes away more so than improves my appearance. I am very attractive and really have no need or desire to alter my appearance. As OP also said, make up is very time consuming and if I were to wear it, it would probably have to be a special occasion and professionally applied.

I have also noticed that alot of women that I've met who wear make up, their personality also changes once they "put on their face." (No disrespect to those who wear make up) I personally don't like that, and my personality is consistent no matter what I'm wearing or who's around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships