Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:29 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,387,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Exactly, who wants that "earth girl" look? Eww.
Some places to cross off your list:
- Eugene OR
- Olympia WA
- Bellingham WA
- Truckee CA*
- the small college towns in western Mass where the all-women colleges are
- Asheville NC (heard that can be "hippie-dippy")

Why is it that these scenic places are also stocked up with granola mamas?

* oh yeah, here you might get the volleyball-type girl who is blonde and athletic and whose ponytail comes out of the back of her baseball cap... and religiously snowboards in the winter while working at some dive. Ever have to talk to one, like while placing an order for a meal or signing up for a whitewater raft ride? As vapid as the day is long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 11:48 AM

52,306 posts, read 52,748,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
And not in a sense of personality, I'm meaning just Make Up vs No Make up.

I'm one of those "more natural" gals. The majority of the time, I'm cleaned and washed, but I just brush my hair, spritz perfume and go out the door. No time for makeup, and I'd have to put my contacts in...etc etc

Now I do get fancy when it's actually a date night or going to a dinner party etc, and I'm quite pretty so I can "bring it"...but usually I'm just a t-shirt and jeans gal, glasses, and "natural"

I know there are some girls (I'm 36) out there that just can not leave the house with out their hair done or their "face" on.

And sometimes I think - maybe I should try harder, but honestly I'd only do that because I'd want more attention from my hubby, who loves me natural, but does comment that the only time I get gussied up is if there is an event where others will see me, as in I don't get pretty just for him.

Anyway -
Guys: which do you like? I know some men really like a woman who puts themself 100% together every day - and I know there are men out there that like the hiking /biking natural girl.

Women: which one are you?
Give me Tammy Faye Baker anyday of the week.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:51 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,352,876 times
Natural.

at most, i might put on lipstick, mascara and a bit of eye shadow and blusher, which will take about 2 minutes. or curl my hair which takes 15 at most.

I know what kind of women you are talking about.

I had a college roommate that needed 45 minutes to get her hair/makeup done.

what a waste of time.

Are men shocked when they wake up in the morning next to these women for the first time? that is what I'd like to know.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post

Are men shocked when they wake up in the morning next to these women for the first time? that is what I'd like to know.

Ever heard of "coyote arm"

Old 11-15-2008, 12:24 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,387,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
I had a college roommate that needed 45 minutes to get her hair/makeup done.
Wow, multiply that by 7 days in the week, and think about how that extra studying time could have boosted her GPA!

Old 11-15-2008, 01:34 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,879,188 times
My dream (ok, it's only a dream, I don't think it's easy nowadays to meet that kind of woman) would be an all-natural woman hippie godess style (no paintings on her face, no shaving, long hair, with a slight henne/patchouli scent).
I'm not adverse to a small piercing in the navel or somewhere else and even a tattoo on the arm, though...

Old 11-15-2008, 01:40 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,879,188 times
...and , needless to say, no botox, no liftings, -I don't care if she has some wrinkles- and small natural breasts!

Old 11-15-2008, 05:02 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,732,582 times
I'm going to be the black sheep of this thread.

I won't go outside to put out the garbage without my makeup. I work outside in coveralls and boots and I put on my makeup every morning even when the weather forcast is for rain all day.

I look scary without some makeup, my eyebrows disappear.

I love toenail polish too. I color my hair. I spent a lot of years being 'natural' and I just got tired of looking blah. No more. I will be buried with my lip gloss and pink toenails!

Old 11-15-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
I love toenail polish too. I color my hair. I spent a lot of years being 'natural' and I just got tired of looking blah. No more. I will be buried with my lip gloss and pink toenails!
You go girl.

I think that's what the ladies say these days.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:43 PM

596 posts, read 890,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
I'm going to be the black sheep of this thread.

I won't go outside to put out the garbage without my makeup. I work outside in coveralls and boots and I put on my makeup every morning even when the weather forcast is for rain all day.

I look scary without some makeup, my eyebrows disappear.

I'm with you! The only time I dont' wear makeup is when it would be ridiculous to do so (surgery, working out, manual labor, etc).

In fact, I had a personal trainer who only ever saw me in the gymwithout makeup, sweats, hair in a ponytail. When he came into the bank and saw me in my business suit, makeup, jewelry, hair done, he didn't recognize me!

I'm a road dog without makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships