Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:31 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,476,590 times

Advertisements

I'm not really into women who have to cake their 'facade' on...although something very sexy about women who have just the right amount of accentuating makeup on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 09:01 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,118,303 times
I'm a natural gal. My ex never saw me wear make up until our wedding day. I stopped wearing make-up because I hated taking it off and I didn't want to ruin my skin by sleeping in it.

I think I look just fine without it. I still get carded at 40. The bonus: Like several guys have said, there's no mystery what I'll look like in the morning.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:10 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,377,143 times
If you look good without it why wear it. I did work with a women that I first met wearing pancake make up, she came in one day with out it and I didn't know who she was...lol for her I'm glad she wears it.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:53 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
Caked on make-up is not full face make up. Its just a bad job..Just the same as those botched boob jobs that make you clevage look like the grand canyon.

I wear both full face and "natural"

Funny thing is the natural gets me comments of how perfect my skin is without makeup...
Yeh right..its MAKEUP dummy!

But I do want to run to the cakesters and just clean off thier face and put some decent work on it.
Drives me nuts to see crappy make-up jobs.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:43 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,541,391 times
Honestly, i haven't seen many women who look the same w/wo makeup. It is like night and day most of the time...ain't too pleasing either. Makeup also ages a woman's face.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:24 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,994,487 times
For me "made up" any day of the week. To me it shows a woman who wants to look hot. Its undoubtably more feminin. It gives woman more confidance and thats sexy too. When I see a "natural" woman first thing I think is she's a dud in the sack.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:30 AM

591 posts, read 1,415,909 times
I'm a woman so hope it's ok i put my 2 cents in..well make it 3 i'm feelin opinionated tonight lol..i think that women look best with just a touch of make-up..not that without makes a woman ugly but to me..it just I don't know brings out their features a little better..but one thing..women pluck your eyebrows..even if you don't wear make-up..neat eyebrows just look sooo much better..ok i'm done..i'm gonna go pluck my eyebrows now since i done went and told ya'all to lol

Old 11-19-2008, 04:57 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,172,108 times
I like the natural look. Never once in the 29 years I have known my wife have I ever seen any makeup on her. In her younger days she definitely didn't need it. Brown hair with a reddish tint when the sun was shining on it, green eyes, and a slim body. Now that we are older there is no point in her trying to fake it and look young. We all get old if we live long enough. She still looks better than most women her age. I always knew how she would look when she woke up in the morning. She always looks just as good as she did when we went to sleep.
In my opinion, Angels don't need war paint.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:10 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,876,278 times
"I"m a road dog without make up" she says.
She would be more honest acknowledging that make up, business suits,perfumes, jewelry etc are for her mere tools used in her upward mobility scheme.
There's a fine line between this kind of dressing up and whoremonging.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:04 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,885,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
For me "made up" any day of the week. To me it shows a woman who wants to look hot. Its undoubtably more feminin. It gives woman more confidance and thats sexy too. When I see a "natural" woman first thing I think is she's a dud in the sack.
I totally disagree and I think my husband would probably disagree with you too, lol. A woman who is comfortable enough with her appearance to go without make up is first of all, generally very confident and secure. Secondly, she is also usually comfortable enough with her body/appareance to be relaxed and confident enough in bed to let her inhibitions down and let loose.

If a woman NEEDS make up to feel confident, feminine and sexy, that suggests false confidence, insecurity, low self esteem, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against make up, I do wear it occassionally and I think natural looking make up is appealing. But I don't think it makes me look or feel any better, it's just a different, more "dressy" look and I don't see why I need to look like that ALL the time.

I certainly understand the appeal of someone who "takes care of their appearance" but you don't always need make up for that. If a woman likes make up and therefore wears it often, I don't have a problem with that, it's none of my business. But a woman who refuses to be seen without make up on clearly has self esteem issues!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships