Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 12:53 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,990,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlarie View Post
I prefer the natural look. I have in the past tried make up and I think it actually makes me look worse. I think it takes away more so than improves my appearance. I am very attractive and really have no need or desire to alter my appearance. As OP also said, make up is very time consuming and if I were to wear it, it would probably have to be a special occasion and professionally applied.

I have also noticed that alot of women that I've met who wear make up, their personality also changes once they "put on their face." (No disrespect to those who wear make up) I personally don't like that, and my personality is consistent no matter what I'm wearing or who's around.
Well said. You have to know what you are doing when you apply that stuff huh? You don't cut your own hair so I appreciate you'd get someone professional to make you up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 01:05 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,886,627 times
less make up is refreshing in this day and age. I prefer to see a woman's flaws to her hiding behind face paint, cosmetic surgery, ect. Often what women see as flaws are some of their most endearing features. With all of the fakeness out there, I'm finding myself more and more attracted to real women, with the confidence to go out in public without spending an hour preparing. Just give me a pretty woman that can carry on a good conversation, is independent, supportive, loving, wise beyond her years, enjoys the simple and finer things in life, and loves to be loved.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:10 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,915,368 times
Well, I wear makeup but am not overly madeup. I am in my mid/late 30's...when I don't wear makeup I look like I'm 21. Everyone, and I mean everyone, thinks I and my 13 year old are sisters. They look at my husband and I funny. So its best just to wear some makeup, it really does make me look older.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:13 PM

434 posts, read 935,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Hmm, well, I don't know. A mix I guess. A really gorgeous girl doesn't need makeup to look great, so there is that. And I don't like it overdone. But... it's nice I guess if it's natural looking, but still there, something where guys like me wouldn't notice much, but it's doing something positive. If I notice too much, there's probably too much makeup.

Oh I love a hot lip gloss, though, shiny, sparkly, god that's so sexy. A woman's lips sort of glistening. But not deep red, that's unnatural, I like it just kind of shiny.
Hi JonathanLB, it's Jinglebell again.

A dumb question really (I told you before I am not smart!): what is the difference between lipsticks and lip gloss? It took me a great while to find out at one point but I have already long forgot!

Even though I majored in Pharmaceutical Chemistry in college and Molecular Biology in graduate school, I get headache every time I get to close to cosmetics at store. I am sure people start to wonder how I made through schools....

A lot of thanks!

Old 11-14-2008, 01:20 PM

434 posts, read 935,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Well said. You have to know what you are doing when you apply that stuff huh? You don't cut your own hair so I appreciate you'd get someone professional to make you up.
I have been cutting my own hair always... believe or not...

Old 11-14-2008, 01:24 PM

10,219 posts, read 17,940,427 times
I have seen Jennifer Lopez without make up and while she did not look perfect or glamourous, she still had a natural beauty. This was on some "making of the video" show on TV. Those gossip magazines only print bad photos of stars without make up. No matter how naturally beautiful a person is, it's still possible to get a bad photo, with or without make up on. Gossip mags will not sell by showing GOOD photos of stars without make up so of course they find the bad ones and print them. Anyone who thinks those type of magazines are realistic isn't being realistic themselves - those mags are usually full of rumors and nonsense.

And maybe, sometimes, we're just so USED to seeing stars with makeup on that it seems like a drastic difference to see them without. Maybe if you saw someone with natural beauty for the first time without make up on (ie, you'd never seen them with make up on), you'd still be able to see the beauty.

Anyway, I'm a natural woman and my husband seems to like it. Not that he dislikes when I do wear makeup but he doesn't seem any less attracted to me when I'm not wearing it, which is most days. My brother, on the other hand, complains when his wife puts on make up! lol.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:44 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,717,451 times
Women with face paint and all the fake stuff. Get me a barf bag.

I like the natural look all the way and that is what I am always attracted to. Women that face paint themselves too much means they have something to hide.

Ditto on fake boobs as well. Total turnoff for me.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:04 PM

13,619 posts, read 21,432,573 times
It all depends on the girl,some look better without,a large majority do better with it.I'll tell you is hot is the way latin girls use the black eyeliner sort of Cleopatra style......

Old 11-14-2008, 02:10 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,373,644 times
A woman came into the gym today plastered in enough of the stuff to keep Revlon in business. Not only was it unattractive, but I kept thinking "How the heck can she work out with all that gunk on her face?" I'd look like a clown on acid if I wore that much stuff period yet alone at the gym!

Give me the natural look any day!

Old 11-14-2008, 02:13 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,092,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
And not in a sense of personality, I'm meaning just Make Up vs No Make up.

I'm one of those "more natural" gals. The majority of the time, I'm cleaned and washed, but I just brush my hair, spritz perfume and go out the door. No time for makeup, and I'd have to put my contacts in...etc etc

Now I do get fancy when it's actually a date night or going to a dinner party etc, and I'm quite pretty so I can "bring it"...but usually I'm just a t-shirt and jeans gal, glasses, and "natural"

I know there are some girls (I'm 36) out there that just can not leave the house with out their hair done or their "face" on.

And sometimes I think - maybe I should try harder, but honestly I'd only do that because I'd want more attention from my hubby, who loves me natural, but does comment that the only time I get gussied up is if there is an event where others will see me, as in I don't get pretty just for him.

Anyway -
Guys: which do you like? I know some men really like a woman who puts themself 100% together every day - and I know there are men out there that like the hiking /biking natural girl.

Women: which one are you?
I'm a little of both. I go to work, dance, parties, dinners, etc all made up. But on my weekends off when I want to hurry up and get out of the house I go out to stores and lunch and stuff with no makeup and my hair in a ponytail and sweats or jeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships