Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 02:20 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times

Advertisements

Well, to be honest, the best makeup is the kind that you barely notice. I think a subtle makeup job is better than either going without entirely or slathering it on with a trowel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 02:29 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,110,872 times
Count me among the natural girls...Most days, I wash my face in the shower and moisturize after - gotta have the sunscreen! If I do go for the makeup, it's natural looking...yes, my hair is done before I leave the house, and I generally refuse to go anywhere without a shower, but as for the rest...meh, if I don't need it, why waste the time? I have been blessed (most of the time) with clear, even skin, and the rest is just that - make up.

As for what other people think: those that care, don't care if I wear it or not, and my philosophy for everyone else is, if you don't like it, don't look!

Old 11-14-2008, 02:29 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,250,322 times
I can really appreciate a natural girl. To me it shows that they are confident about their looks. And when they do where a little bit lipstick and do up their eyes, yowzaa! I don't mind make up, really, as long as it is not overdone. Any woman who has to put on her face is no one that I would be interested in. Some women wear so much make-up on their faces that I wonder if they are on their way back to the circus.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:43 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,720,359 times
You do know that there is nothing for a natural women to wear a "little" makeup?

Old 11-14-2008, 03:01 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,259,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I prefer the natural look. But for it to work, the woman has to really take care of herself in terms of exercise and eating properly. Otherwise the natural look really begins to look awful in a big fat hurry.
that is a good point...if the woman does not take care of herself she looks grey without make up...

Old 11-14-2008, 03:04 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
that is a good point...if the woman does not take care of herself she looks grey without make up...
Exactly. Especially during winter. Now, during spring and summer, women just naturally take on that healthy glow that makeup is supposed to emulate.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:10 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,259,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Exactly. Especially during winter. Now, during spring and summer, women just naturally take on that healthy glow that makeup is supposed to emulate.
I do not wear makeup April-Oct because I am outdoors very often and have a fairly nice color. ?But in the winter months my European lineage begins to show in the pale skin and dark circles under the eyes. Most I wear is mascara and a bit of cover up under the eyes...anything more feels nasty on the skin...

Old 11-14-2008, 03:13 PM

1,032 posts, read 2,710,691 times
I have clear skin so I dont wear foundation. I do wear a little mascara and liner just to bring out my eyes. Thats about it. Its feels good to be naturally pretty.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:16 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,720,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
I have clear skin so I dont wear foundation. I do wear a little mascara and liner just to bring out my eyes. Thats about it. Its feels good to be naturally pretty.
That's what I am saying just a little to enhance the look, even if you have natural look. However, I like it when women put on some lipstick too

Old 11-14-2008, 03:49 PM

746 posts, read 2,177,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
And not in a sense of personality, I'm meaning just Make Up vs No Make up.

I'm one of those "more natural" gals. The majority of the time, I'm cleaned and washed, but I just brush my hair, spritz perfume and go out the door. No time for makeup, and I'd have to put my contacts in...etc etc

Now I do get fancy when it's actually a date night or going to a dinner party etc, and I'm quite pretty so I can "bring it"...but usually I'm just a t-shirt and jeans gal, glasses, and "natural"

I know there are some girls (I'm 36) out there that just can not leave the house with out their hair done or their "face" on.

And sometimes I think - maybe I should try harder, but honestly I'd only do that because I'd want more attention from my hubby, who loves me natural, but does comment that the only time I get gussied up is if there is an event where others will see me, as in I don't get pretty just for him.

Anyway -
Guys: which do you like? I know some men really like a woman who puts themself 100% together every day - and I know there are men out there that like the hiking /biking natural girl.

Women: which one are you?
Are you me? Same age, same attitude. Nope, you're a city girl, I prefer small towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships