Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 05:03 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I,m a pretty good mimic. I can do pretty good impressions of various people.
I can do Krusty The Clown from the Simpsons. My boys love it. My wife hates it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 05:05 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You gotta be sure to break out Krusty every few days for you wife. LOL

Old 12-01-2008, 05:12 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
I am pretty open about myself on the forums here. But here are a few tid bits that I dont think I ever mentioned:

I spent a month living as a monk in a Buddhist temple in a remote area of Thailand.
I K.O.'d 4 guys in a big fight at the Whisky-A-Go-Go in Hollywood.
I K.O.'d another two at Als Bar in LA. Wanted to test my martial art skills where people like to fight.
I worked out with Jackie Chan on movie set in Arnold Schwarcheneggers movie trailer gym.
I still speak Thai pretty well.
I love travel but hate flying. I mean really really really hate flying. Being in a plane is torture.
I own over 400 books relating to Martial Arts and eastern philosophy.
I am a bodyguard/security for Hollywood events like Grammys, Oscars, Golden Globes, etc.
I have seen a UFO
I have seen a ghost/spirit/spector or whatever you want to call it.
I know for a fact that chi is REAL.
I was five feet away from a friend in high school when he got killed by a shotgun blast.
I always offer assistance to people who need help (flat tire, lifting heavy item, homeless/hungry).

Old 12-01-2008, 05:23 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,889 times
What an awesome thread!!! Except that I have realized I must be the most boring one on it. I will say that I most likely have the other half of Plaidmom's bicycle ...somewhere in my fire hazard of a garage.

I was an airline employee flying off-duty standby back in the 80's. Waiting in Aspen airport, who do I see but Glenn Frye (sp?) from the Eagles. He was SO hot. I thought I was hot (wrong on that one too), so I sauntered over to him & handed him my name & # and told him if he was ever in NY & need a local guide.......he just stared at me like I was out of my mind. Still waiting for his call, so I really must be.

I had a helicopter search & rescue team looking for me & another student in the Colorado Rockies once; we were at base camp the whole time - waiting just like we learned - they just never took the initial head count before starting out.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:34 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,456,213 times
I've lived in two haunted houses and have seen a ghost, though I claim I don't believe in them.

I speak 4 foreign languages badly, 5 if you count plant Latin.

I collect Gullah baskets and sharks teeth, but only the ones I find myself.

I like snakes but scream every time I see one unexpectedly, it's an involuntary reflex. Then I follow them to get a better look.

I once lived with a famous rock star.

I don't know my left hand from my right, doesn't matter how many times someone tells me which one is which, I'm almost always wrong.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:42 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post

I once lived with a famous rock star.

Do you keep in touch with him? Is he friends w/ Glenn? Will you plz tell him I'm still waiting...

Old 12-01-2008, 05:47 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,021,045 times
Wow! I can't even compare to most of these posts! LOL

1. My brother, father's wife and I all have the same Birthday (Jan 7).
2. I'm a tomboy kinda girl.. work on trucks, build things, get my hands dirty, etc. I can't cook.
3. I built (with the help of my husband) a 40x36x10ft pole barn with hand tools, no power.
4. My husband banished me from the kitchen after I burnt bacon. 4 different times.
5. I love houseplants and gardening, but I kill everything.
6. I've religously driven a stick for about 10yrs now!
7. I'm the only one of my siblings without a college degree; half bro computers, sister internat'l relations and fluent in German, twin #1 internat'l relations & currently grad studies at G. Washington Univ & fluent in Russian, twin #2 BS from Univ of Chicago and current in Americorp.
8. I just got a pet parrot and he's awesome!
9. I know absolutely nothing about my biological mother's side of the family except her mother was German and her father was Polish, both came off the boat.
10. On my father's side... I have relations to Benedict Arnold, Walt Whitman (his last name was a variation of our original family name - Wightman) and Abraham Lincoln. Our last ancestor in England was the very last person to be burned at the stake and there is a plaque there - George Wightman.
11. I have seen 2 different UFOs at 2 different times.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:48 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
My sister and I have the same birthday and she's 7 years older.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:49 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Do you look like him too??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

Old 12-01-2008, 05:50 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
My sister and I have the same birthday and she's 7 years older.
That had to be rough on your parents checkbooks that month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships