Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 01:06 PM

877 posts, read 2,079,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
In Googling "free legal advise" I came across a site on family law "just answer".
Requiring $15.00 good faith payment ---- scam or safe ? your opinion
There should be an attorney name listed, and the states in which he can practice. Make sure your state is listed, otherwise the advice isn't going to be very helpful.

Then check with the bar association (e.g. gabar.org), and there should be an "attorney look up" option. Make sure the attorney is listed as licensed to practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 01:07 PM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,163,326 times
Thank you

Old 12-03-2008, 02:25 PM

730 posts, read 2,890,319 times
You mentioned earlier that you are suspicious of her pregnancy and she may not even be pregnant.

Why not have her take a pregnancy test? If it comes out positive, then you can do the paternity test.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:31 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,167,246 times
Quote:
Well, its been a long time..........

Not sure if this should be in relations forum or parenting, but here it goes.

My son is 19.

He fell in "love" last year.

The girl he fell in love with was 17 at the time. She is currently married to another man, going through a divorce. (Yeah, he can pick them).

She was living in a efficiency with 2 other people. My son was not "happy" with the situation, so he found a place out by us for the two of them. He has been working, earning a good living for a 19 y.o. and is doing his best at being responsible.

She refuses to work. She tells him she is looking, but always has an excuse. She did manage to land 2 jobs at different times, but got fired from both within 2 weeks. She has not held a job since he has known her.
She does not cook. The house makes a pig sty look inviting.

Their relations ship is very much so on the rocks---- and he would like to loose her BUT (of course) now there is a baby on the way.
He wants to do the right thing, and is trying very hard to do so.

She has gotten them financially under water. He has been working out of town for the last two months, sending her money to pay the bills, eat, have gas ect. She has not been paying the bills except for the rent.

Her car needs lots of work. She is driving with expired tags from another state, expired license ect. All due to the fact that her soon to be ex has not sent her the paperwork for the car to be transfered. She can drive all over town to do what she wants BUT when it comes to getting a job "her car won't make it".

This week, she had money left over from the power bill. Instead of putting it towards repairing her car, she bought some cheap wedding rings. Which sent my son into a furry. First off, he told her that he would not marry someone who was not willing to help out the relationship. Secondly, they had previously looked at them over the weekend and he told her they couldn't afford them. So as soon as left town to go back to work, she went and bought them anyways. Thirdly, he told her if she was going to spend money she should of bought diapers or something they will use.

Her and I knock heads at least once a week. She is dumber than a bag of rocks and thinks she know everything and does not know when to SHUT UP !

Last night was the last straw for me. She has to come to me for money. She depends on me to take her to her dr. visits, which next week will be the first visit. She is standing in my kitchen telling me how upset my son was about the purchase of rings. I of course, agree with my son. Especially because last week she calls me and tells me she is hungry and has no toilette paper. Well, it got heated to say the least. She then proceeds to tell me......(deep breath, excuse me) that if they are not married, the baby will not have my sons last name, will not ligitamately (sp) be his child BUT he will pay child support AND will have NO right to said child.
Needless to say, I became unglued !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told her she needed to leave my house before things got extremely ugly.
My son wants to be completely responsible for this child, that has never been a question.

So, now he wants to end it with her. They live together, he works in another state at the time. He wants her to leave their house since she is not contributing in any way. He would leave but does not want to do the wrong thing by breaking the lease. They are both on the lease, BUT she was a minor at the time they signed, and was legally able to enter into a contract by law.

He is not happy with her. She has often told him that he needs to choose between his parents or her.

"THOUGHTS"
Tell him to get out NOW and resign himself to paying child support for the next 18 years or so. Period.

This woman will give him nothing but pain and heartache for however long he chooses to keep her in his life. She is trash and he deserves much, much better. And tell him to keep his pecker in his pants until he gets married to A NICE GIRL the next time around.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-03-2008, 02:40 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,558,638 times
Quote:
In Googling "free legal advise" I came across a site on family law "just answer".
Requiring $15.00 good faith payment ---- scam or safe ? your opinion

Probably not going to use it. Just curious
I don't know, but many firms offer the first consultation for something under $50. Call a few law firms to see if they do this. Also, ask around and find out who is considered good at custody cases.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:04 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,211,819 times
Some law schools have a free or low cost legal services organization run by the students under the supervision of their professors. And your local state's bar association may be able to hook you up with free or low cost services depending on your son's income level.

And any legal expense your son incurs now to protect himself from her is really cheap compared to how much this woman could really suck him dry in the years to come.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:27 PM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,163,326 times
Agreed !

Old 12-03-2008, 04:18 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,211,819 times
And if money is tight with him, then co-sign a personal loan for him in the amount he needs for legal expenses.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:03 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
Quote:
Well, its been a long time..........

Not sure if this should be in relations forum or parenting, but here it goes.

My son is 19.

He fell in "love" last year.

The girl he fell in love with was 17 at the time. She is currently married to another man, going through a divorce. (Yeah, he can pick them).

She was living in a efficiency with 2 other people. My son was not "happy" with the situation, so he found a place out by us for the two of them. He has been working, earning a good living for a 19 y.o. and is doing his best at being responsible.

She refuses to work. She tells him she is looking, but always has an excuse. She did manage to land 2 jobs at different times, but got fired from both within 2 weeks. She has not held a job since he has known her.
She does not cook. The house makes a pig sty look inviting.

Their relations ship is very much so on the rocks---- and he would like to loose her BUT (of course) now there is a baby on the way.
He wants to do the right thing, and is trying very hard to do so.

She has gotten them financially under water. He has been working out of town for the last two months, sending her money to pay the bills, eat, have gas ect. She has not been paying the bills except for the rent.

Her car needs lots of work. She is driving with expired tags from another state, expired license ect. All due to the fact that her soon to be ex has not sent her the paperwork for the car to be transfered. She can drive all over town to do what she wants BUT when it comes to getting a job "her car won't make it".

This week, she had money left over from the power bill. Instead of putting it towards repairing her car, she bought some cheap wedding rings. Which sent my son into a furry. First off, he told her that he would not marry someone who was not willing to help out the relationship. Secondly, they had previously looked at them over the weekend and he told her they couldn't afford them. So as soon as left town to go back to work, she went and bought them anyways. Thirdly, he told her if she was going to spend money she should of bought diapers or something they will use.

Her and I knock heads at least once a week. She is dumber than a bag of rocks and thinks she know everything and does not know when to SHUT UP !

Last night was the last straw for me. She has to come to me for money. She depends on me to take her to her dr. visits, which next week will be the first visit. She is standing in my kitchen telling me how upset my son was about the purchase of rings. I of course, agree with my son. Especially because last week she calls me and tells me she is hungry and has no toilette paper. Well, it got heated to say the least. She then proceeds to tell me......(deep breath, excuse me) that if they are not married, the baby will not have my sons last name, will not ligitamately (sp) be his child BUT he will pay child support AND will have NO right to said child.
Needless to say, I became unglued !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told her she needed to leave my house before things got extremely ugly.
My son wants to be completely responsible for this child, that has never been a question.

So, now he wants to end it with her. They live together, he works in another state at the time. He wants her to leave their house since she is not contributing in any way. He would leave but does not want to do the wrong thing by breaking the lease. They are both on the lease, BUT she was a minor at the time they signed, and was legally able to enter into a contract by law.

He is not happy with her. She has often told him that he needs to choose between his parents or her.

"THOUGHTS"

You are way too involved in all this drama. Get your son a lawyer, give him advice when he asks for it and quit wasting your time arguing with this girlfriend.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:29 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,867,337 times
Ask to see a pregnancy test. Then start making the other decisions. Ask her to prove she is prego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships