Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 11:26 PM

5,289 posts, read 1,233,185 times

Advertisements

I was set up by some of my friends who SWORE this guy was perfect for me. Looking back on it I think they were having LOTS of fun with me...anyway, we decided on dinner at Perkins (one of the nicest restaurants in town at the time...if you don't know it think one step up from Denny's...I know real classy!!!).

I spent the normal amount of time figuring out what to wear etc. I ended up in this cool, green shimmery short sleeved shirt, black slacks and heels. I added a little bit of jewelery, did my make-up and had my roomie help make my hair all curly and sexy.

He came to the door, introduced himself and I grabbed my purse and jacket and we left. In the car ride over he asked me what church I went to. So I told him "the local UMC". He wasn't real thrilled with that answer. "Isn't that church pretty liberal?" To which I think "this could be a long dinner." He proceeded to ask me all sorts of questions about my faith and what not. Luckily the drive was short. I don't mind answering questions, but he was getting quite nosy.

At dinner I ordered a chicken ceasar salad and Diet Coke. I then got a lecture on how eating chicken was murder and that God was going to send me to Heck if I didn't give it up and repent! WE WERE in Wyoming- smack dab in the middle of cattle country! That and you don't tell a blind date that she is going to Heck!

After that, and I told him that while I thought it was cool if he wanted to be a vegatarian, but I didn't swing that way, he then launched into my outfit and hairstyle (which at the time was chin length...too short for him...another SIN in his book...supossedly all women were required to not cut their hair). I was wearing pants which signaled to him that I wanted to have sex and was a harlot. Good Christian girls only wear long skirts or dresses, and should be married by the time they are 20 (I was 22 at the time), otherwise we are living outside "God's will" and must be prostitutes, because why else would we be single?

At that point I'd had enough, so I went to the bathroom and texted a friend 911 and she came rushing to the restaurant, and put on an Emmy winning performance convincing this guy that her sis was in a car accident and now in the hospital and was requesting to see her friends.

The funny thing about is, the guy was serious about everything. I want to know what Bible he reads, cuz I sure don't read the same one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 11:28 PM

5,289 posts, read 1,233,185 times
Oh let's see 3 things I expect:

1. To be treated with respect

2. Fun, intellectually stimulating conversation

3. Creativity- I don't always want to go to dinner and movie.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:29 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
^^ Well, where the heck was your Laura Ingalls dress, apron and bonnet when you needed it??? Paw, Paw, I think there's a freak wantin' to take me out tonight!!

Old 12-19-2008, 11:31 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
A blind date I thought turned out ok I soon found out he thought was horrible. He said I hardly spoke and on the way home I was practically sitting on the door handle and got out before he made a full stop and hit the ground running so he was surprised when I called him a few days later to see if he wanted to go out again. What can I say, I was a shy 18 year old who had no dating experience. After the initial date we were inseparable and had a blast until he went away to college and I turned down his marriage proposal.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
rejection is not easy. many personal ads are meaningless. you might meet all the written qualifications but the unwritten are utterly unrealistic.
"1st young antoinio banderas that is into matron worship takes it".

Old 12-19-2008, 11:47 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,790,682 times
since I joined eharmony most of the dates with girls I have met on that site have been quite terrible, I think 80% were really bad, the other 15% were ok, about 5% were good.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:51 PM

838 posts, read 3,097,587 times
Really? I thought Eharmony does a good job matching people up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
since I joined eharmony most of the dates with girls I have met on that site have been quite terrible, I think 80% were really bad, the other 15% were ok, about 5% were good.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnparker View Post
Really? I thought Eharmony does a good job matching people up.
i am so sorry you tempted me so i must say it,
did i ever tell you about my eharmony blond cutie? after a few months of emails & phone calls i took the plunge & flew to nashville to meet her, there she was standing in the parking lot, quasimoto.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:56 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
did i ever tell you about my eharmony blond cutie? after a few months of emails & phone calls i took the plunge & flew to nashville to meet her, there she was standing in the parking lot, quasimoto.
Huck, you kill me with your Quasi references!! Why won't you give us details? I am dying to hear the whole thing Did you turn around and leave?

Old 12-19-2008, 11:57 PM

838 posts, read 3,097,587 times
r u nuts? you flew to a different city to go on a date? were u that desperate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships