Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:57 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,059,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by npumcrisz View Post
At least one of these guys must be your primary S.O. if things don't work out; then fall back on the others.

Preferential order-is what I am aiming at/ saying.
That's just a waste of time. Why be exclusive so quickly? You miss out on the opportunity to meet different kinds of people and identify your likes and dislikes. You can't jump from one relationship to another looking for Mr. Right.... you'll just end up resenting the time you wasted and the missed opportunities.

Let's just be clear on one thing... we are talking about dating and not about sleeping around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 09:03 AM

943 posts, read 3,334,830 times
Yeah I'm just talking about dating..no sex at all.

Thanks for the advice so far, I'll just keep things light and short.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:06 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
How do you do it? How do you entertain everyone? I've always been the one man woman, so I'm new to just dating different guys at once and so far it's been fun but just very draining.

Since the last fiasco I've met two new guys that are pretty cool plus an old flame, one is currently in law school and the other is a grammar school teacher, and the other is an old ex that is trying to creep back into my life.. we've hung out once.

How do you do it?
I don't. I mean, not real dating. Just meeting people, to me, is not "dating", even if you've met them online. If I meet 3 guys, chances are one "floats to the top" (if any). Once we decide that we like each other...I have no need (or desire) to date anyone else.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:07 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,059,165 times
Quote:

Good luck and have fun! I hope you meet lots of nice guys.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:11 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Meh,only did that back when I was in my 20's.Too much time and effort specially when you have your own interests that take up alot of your time.Gets to a point where you only can see a certain person once every week or two weeks because you are juggling 3 girls into your schedule plus wanting time left alone for yourself and that doesn't work,they move on.Going out to places spending money then having to work the next day or seeing a different someone 4 days out of a week burns you (me) out not to mention I have no patience to talk hours on the phone everyday. Don't have the need to keep several on a string,that is more just of a ego boast about being a player knowing you are "wanted" by several at once.Would rather just have one and focus my attention on her and even then can't focus too much attention on just her because alot of my attention is directed toward myself.

As far as sex,gets to a point if you don't get it you starting realizing you aren't satisfied without it and why waste your time,money and energy on someone you know isn't going to work out anyway?

Old 12-22-2008, 09:11 AM

607 posts, read 1,334,238 times
I've done it, and found the key to me being able to sleep at night is to be honest with each of them about the situation. Don't let any of them think they are the only one you date. This just leads to problems that get in the way of getting to know these guys. I don't enjoy drama; if a guy couldn't handle not being my only 'datee', I knew he wouldn't suit me in the long run anyway. Have fun!

Old 12-22-2008, 09:19 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:

Do group activities and have mostly daytime dates then. Weekend lunch get togthers, then go hang out at a museum. Most guys I know wouldn't be happy with dating a woman that is casually dating several men at once though... just as I wouldn't want to knowingly date a guy that is checking out several women at once. So I couldn't do what you are doing. It would bother my conscience. So no matter what, I could only date or check out one man at a time, not several at once. Even when I was single, I was never impatient or in a rush to find Mr. Right. Dating several romantic prospects at once might seem a more efficient use of time, but it seems just wrong to me.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:21 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seastar311 View Post
I've done it, and found the key to me being able to sleep at night is to be honest with each of them about the situation. Don't let any of them think they are the only one you date. This just leads to problems that get in the way of getting to know these guys. I don't enjoy drama; if a guy couldn't handle not being my only 'datee', I knew he wouldn't suit me in the long run anyway. Have fun!
Yeah well the majority of society have sex on dates,specially after dating for a while.So let me ask,you wouldn't feel unspecial or jealous at all when a guy tells you "you aren't the only one get over it"?Being a player,dating several at once is usually code for "I am enjoying being single and getting it from several sources".

Yeah some don't have sex,see how long that lasts with most people after they realize 6 months in to dating they aren't going to have their needs met....needs sexual met even though the friendship need is being met.He is going to call you when he just wants hang...maybe but the others in his blackbook will be the A list.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:24 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Anybody who suggests to you, you just throw out the fact you're dating non exclusively obviously hasn't dated much! Very often, the first thing women do with me is try to pin me down to an exclusive dating arrangement! And THEN I SIMPLY DECLINE. I just went out with you once..WE ARE NOT BF-GF YET!

They do this, I suppose to take pressure off. As a "dating pro" the last thing I want when first dating someone is to take the pressure off! Women my age tend to relax awful quick. I'm a prize! Earn it! lol

Of course, I'm a 45 yr old male giving you the 45 male perspective. There are literally ten of them to one of us.

But I don't think the perspective isn't that far apart. You're young, and desirable. Be young and desirable and FREE for awhile.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:28 AM

943 posts, read 3,334,830 times
^^exactly and I also think that people are getting dating and courting mixed up. Until we have a formal conversation about us being exclusive I'm going to assume that you are dating other people just as I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships