Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 03:13 PM

62 posts, read 165,840 times

Advertisements

There are too few people these days that absolutely refuse to adopt a healthier lifestyle, even if that means contributing to all kinds of illnesses. Instead, I have noticed more and more people adopting a sedentary lifestyle....that scares me. I see it as more of a hassle to not have a healthier lifestyle. You do not have to sacrifice much to change the way you eat, it is as simple as not going to all those fast food joints. No processed food is a must in maintaining a healthier diet and no you do not have to be a slave to the gym...just exercise 30-45 minutes a day.

I myself have switched all my foods to organic...it is not a pricey as you think. No more pricey than having huge Dr. bills for clogged arteries and such.

I know that there are cases that medical problems can make it almost impossible to lose weight, such as lupus, thyroid disease, etc. So please do not think I look down on overweight people, there are just as many unhealthy skinny people out there too. 8-)

Anyways that is just my outlook on living longer and stronger! >.<'

Old 12-02-2009, 03:16 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,584,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzynblgs View Post
There are too few people these days that absolutely refuse to adopt a healthier lifestyle, even if that means contributing to all kinds of illnesses. Instead, I have noticed more and more people adopting a sedentary lifestyle....that scares me. I see it as more of a hassle to not have a healthier lifestyle. You do not have to sacrifice much to change the way you eat, it is as simple as not going to all those fast food joints. No processed food is a must in maintaining a healthier diet and no you do not have to be a slave to the gym...just exercise 30-45 minutes a day.

I myself have switched all my foods to organic...it is not a pricey as you think. No more pricey than having huge Dr. bills for clogged arteries and such.

I know that there are cases that medical problems can make it almost impossible to lose weight, such as lupus, thyroid disease, etc. So please do not think I look down on overweight people, there are just as many unhealthy skinny people out there too. 8-)

Anyways that is just my outlook on living longer and stronger! >.<'
Some people can work out and eat healthy and are still going to be bigger.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:21 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,466,020 times
I get a kick a kick out of watchin folks at "Soup or Salad" eat bowl after bowl of "Health food". then finish off with diet coke. Yep--that ought to fix that over weight issue all right. "

Old 12-02-2009, 03:22 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Some people can work out and eat healthy and are still going to be bigger.
Look at Oprah--she's got nutritionists and chefs and personal trainers galore, and she's just not wired to be an itty bitty thing.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Look at Oprah--she's got nutritionists and chefs and personal trainers galore, and she's just not wired to be an itty bitty thing.
Not to mention, she eats to much.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:24 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
There are people of all sizes and shapes out there. You can choose to be with whoever you want. It's really just the advertising of it and why that gets people annoyed. It comes with internet dating and the idea that we can "order up" someone on spec. Kind of like when women want someone tall, dark and handsom and you are short, blond and pockmarked.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:24 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,584,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
I get a kick a kick out of watchin folks at "Soup or Salad" eat bowl after bowl of "Health food". then finish off with diet coke. Yep--that ought to fix that over weight issue all right. "

That place is ridiculous. People gorge themselves on bowls of pasta, bread, cookies, etc. and because the place is called Souper Salad they think they are eating healthy.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:29 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
I guess the more I go through life, I am more inclined to like their mind, their personality who they are, more than if they are fat or skinny, pretty or fugly.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl78 View Post
I guess the more I go through life, I am more inclined to like their mind, their personality who they are, more than if they are fat or skinny, pretty or fugly.
Hahahahah--back in the day, we called that "hard up"

Old 12-02-2009, 03:45 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
Hahahahah--back in the day, we called that "hard up"
Most call it looking into a mirror and facing reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships