Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:47 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Unless you're into men and are trying to catch one, don't listen to this guy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 11:00 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,787,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Unless you're into men and are trying to catch one, don't listen to this guy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert20 View Post

That's EXACTLY what I want.
Oh well, I tried young man. I tried.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:12 AM

90 posts, read 623,243 times
like I said, I like the physical...that's just not all I'm after.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:52 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,277,243 times
Default Awwww...

'Sounds like puppy love. I think the Osmonds wrote a song about it.

Get over it, you are only 20! You've a long road ahead of you if you take anything seriously at this stage. You've still got college, and a career to start, a lot can happen in between!

Old 12-23-2008, 05:59 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Ok, heres my situation. I am a guy, 20 years old. Been seeing a girl (19) for close to 4 months now. Prior to dating we had known each other a total of about a month and actually met over the internet. Yes we live in the same city and all that, basically a locals website.

Well, after all this time, I was starting to think that our relationship was more physical than anything even though she says she "Loves me" so I decided to try and do a date where nothing physical except kissing or just holding her happend. She became mad because I wouldnt do anything to her nor let her do anything towards me. I ended up telling her my opinion and she said "I like our relationship how it is, I love the way you make me feel"

Dont get me wrong, I like to do perverse and R-rated things just like any other hot blooded guy, but thats not at all what Im about. I dont get into relationships with someone based on the physical portion alone. Well now I dont really know what to do, I like the girl a lot, but its obvious she prefers the physical compared to an all around relationship. My family loves her and so do my friends, and vice-versa.

Also, out of the blue she asks if we are friends, and I tell her yes but then she asks if we are best friends, and I told her I dont know so she gets upset over that. I dont know about anyone else, but theres just something...wrong...in my mind...about being best friends with the person your in a relationship with. I dont know exactly how to explain it.

Well, to sum it up into a question or two; What should I do If I like the girl a lot, but dont want a relationship based on just physical aspects like she appearently does? And any opinions on the "best friends" thing?

Thanks to any who reply to this.
Early in a relationship it is natural for both parties to desire a lot of sexual activity. It is nature's way of ensuring survival of the species. In the "wild" relationships result in reproduction as quickly as possible. By both parties desiring a lot of sex early on, this is nature's way of trying to insure it. Don't worry, if you have a long term relationship with this woman, that will change LOL

Your girlfriend might also be trying to get pregnant so that she can try to get you to marry her. I hope that you are using a good, reliable protection and not counting on HER to provide the birth control. There are legions of men out there who get "oopsed" into being daddies and husbands. Any man who does not want to be a daddy MUST be responsible for his own birth control methods.

Finally, if this relationship does blossom into something long term and permanent. There is nothing in the world wrong with having your significant other as your best friend. Nothing could be better, in fact. If you are a smart young man, you will strive to make this the case instead of feeling like it is wrong or weird.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-23-2008, 06:04 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
Ok, heres my situation. I am a guy, 20 years old. Been seeing a girl (19) for close to 4 months now. Prior to dating we had known each other a total of about a month and actually met over the internet. Yes we live in the same city and all that, basically a locals website.

Well, after all this time, I was starting to think that our relationship was more physical than anything even though she says she "Loves me" so I decided to try and do a date where nothing physical except kissing or just holding her happend. She became mad because I wouldnt do anything to her nor let her do anything towards me. I ended up telling her my opinion and she said "I like our relationship how it is, I love the way you make me feel"

Dont get me wrong, I like to do perverse and R-rated things just like any other hot blooded guy, but thats not at all what Im about. I dont get into relationships with someone based on the physical portion alone. Well now I dont really know what to do, I like the girl a lot, but its obvious she prefers the physical compared to an all around relationship. My family loves her and so do my friends, and vice-versa.

Also, out of the blue she asks if we are friends, and I tell her yes but then she asks if we are best friends, and I told her I dont know so she gets upset over that. I dont know about anyone else, but theres just something...wrong...in my mind...about being best friends with the person your in a relationship with. I dont know exactly how to explain it.

Well, to sum it up into a question or two; What should I do If I like the girl a lot, but dont want a relationship based on just physical aspects like she appearently does? And any opinions on the "best friends" thing?

Thanks to any who reply to this.
Let me see if I get this correctly.

You're dating a woman who says she loves you. At the same time, she wants to make the beast with two backs with you over and over and over again. She craves your Rod of Power. She wants to do the humpalumpadingdong repeatedly, world without end.

And you're second-guessing her.

Man, you're way overanalyzing this. Just enjoy the fact that you have a girl who is crazy about you and likes doing it with you. The "best friends" question is really designed to ensure that you really are a true partnership in every sense of the word, so her heart is evidently in the right place.

So quit being stupid. If I were 20 again, I would have given my right youknowwhat to be in your situation.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:23 AM

ok, sorry if I didn't make this clear. Not once did I say we were having sex. I said it always gets physical, basically everything but sex. She is actually still a virgin and wants to stay that way till marriage. The thing is, each time she starts getting things hot and bothered, she loses her thoughts and try's to make the rash decision to have sex, but being the guy I am I stop her each time because I know its not what she wants right now.

I honestly have no problem with her not wanting to have sex right now, I especially don't want to force her into anything she might later regret.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:35 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
ok, sorry if I didn't make this clear. Not once did I say we were having sex. I said it always gets physical, basically everything but sex. She is actually still a virgin and wants to stay that way till marriage. The thing is, each time she starts getting things hot and bothered, she loses her thoughts and try's to make the rash decision to have sex, but being the guy I am I stop her each time because I know its not what she wants right now.

I honestly have no problem with her not wanting to have sex right now, I especially don't want to force her into anything she might later regret.
You know what? You're still overanalyzing this, whether you're actually having sex or not. Virginity is fine and great and all that stuff, but it's way overrated. Like most women (Heck, most people), there's a big difference between what she says and what she does. And while she says all the pious things about staying chaste, she's showing serious signs that she's really not all that interested in staying that way. If she wants to lose it with you, then allow it. You've already been the gentleman here. Just make sure you're giving her what she really wants, not what she says she wants. Ultimately, it's her decision to make, not yours.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You know what? You're still overanalyzing this, whether you're actually having sex or not. Virginity is fine and great and all that stuff, but it's way overrated. Like most women (Heck, most people), there's a big difference between what she says and what she does. And while she says all the pious things about staying chaste, she's showing serious signs that she's really not all that interested in staying that way. If she wants to lose it with you, then allow it. You've already been the gentleman here. Just make sure you're giving her what she really wants, not what she says she wants. Ultimately, it's her decision to make, not yours.
Like I said, I am giving her what she really wants, every time she tries to have sex, but I stop her because I know her thoughts are being "clouded" with what we were doing prior. She always ends up close to crying because she realizes how close she was to going against what she wants (staying a virgin till shes married). I guess its a good thing that Im the guy she is, who is actually respectful unlike a lot of others who wouldn't think twice in that situation.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:51 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,375 times
Quote:

Well, after all this time,
LOL...ROFLMAO! ....all this time?...wahhhhhhhhhhh

Hmr ok, ok...

You're soooo young. Here's a mistake I made. I was popular, I was arrogant. I married the cheerleader. It was so much about the sex, that she even said "if a marriage was based on sex, we'd have the perfect marriage." I didn't even like her when I agreed to marry her. Why did I marry her? Because my friends liked her, my mom liked her, my mom suggested I ask her! Meanwhile at the same time there was a girl who I did like, "she wasn't a beauty, but hey she was alright!" We could talk, we shared interests, we got along fine. Here was the BIG PROBLEM with her, not a problem I had, mind you, but what others had with her...two small kids! Horror of horrors!

You are not best friends with this girl, heck from your description you aren't even friends. Your sex partners! And she's seemingly decided that the sex is good enough to cement a relationship with you. RUN LIKE THE WIND!

Your friends don't like it? ...Get new friends!
Your parents don't like it?..tell them to adopt her!

It's your life, live it! Be alive, make your OWN MISTAKES and hopefully learn from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships