Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 04:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You know, flying on a jetliner never scared me in the least (Except for one flight back from Cancun on some 3rd Rate tourist airliner
Did you sneak in Cuba by any chance, cpg?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 07:34 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I'm getting on a plane tomorrow to fly to a funeral. Hope it doesn't turn out to be my own.

Thanks for putting all these thoughts in my head.

Just bring your parachute in your carry-on bag.....................

j/k...Darlin'.................

Old 01-08-2009, 07:37 PM

I think someone said planes are safer then cars...........

Old 01-08-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I think someone said planes are safer then cars...........
They are!

Old 01-08-2009, 07:57 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,219,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Okay. As I write this, I have about a 100-degree temperature, aching body, and wracking coughs. Nothing to be done about it, as my doctor just blames the "virus going around."

Yet, for the past ten minutes, I've been crawling around on my hands and knees in the basement trying to capture the cat and toss her outside into a driving rainstorm.

Why? Because our 300-pound, 73-year-old housekeeper (Who really only does laundry) is terrified of cats. I mean utterly. So she stood outside on our front porch in the rain waiting for me to evict a five-pound, sweet-tempered ball of fur.

Don't get me wrong. We love Mildred. After 10 years, she's practically family with us, and I really don't expect her to change. But I think this terror of cats is pretty darned funny. Why cats? She just can't explain.

So do you encounter another person's irrational terror? How do you work around it? Obviously, pitching the cat outside once a week in exchange for getting the laundry done is no biggie. But what about you guys?
Poor CPG- I hope that she put fresh sheets on your bed for you.

I had a cleaning woman who was terrified of cats, too. My cat would always hide when strangers came in, so I didn't think that it was a problem. But I had forgotten that whenever I would be putting a sheet the bed, my cat would jump to get under it as I shook it out in the air to let it float down over the top of the mattress. The minute I heard the blood curdling scream coming from my bedroom, I remembered. It was her first and last day

I once had a secretary who was terrified of rats. I found a life size gummy rat and brought it in to her and she became hysterical. It wasn't lifelike, just a white gummy 8 inches long, but she was hyperventilating and everything.

I have an irrational fear of those giant grasshoppers- the lubbers. I just got the chills typing this.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:08 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmobizmo View Post
Bugs! Ugh!!!!! Especially spiders.

It's funny because I love nature, hiking in the woods, etc....but bugs just creep me out in a big way.

A friend recently sent me a humorous e-mail and it mentioned that bugs can get into people's nose, mouth or ears while they sleep. I haven't had a good nights sleep since.
I received that same email and the one about eating spiders in our sleep! Why? WHY!! Hm, maybe that's the subconscious reason for my chronic insomnia.

I have an irrational fear of spiders, even the teeny tiny microscopic ones. The really big ones send me into a panic. Last May my oldest son was up late and noticed a giant wolf spider on the wall. The thing looked like a tarantula! I'm still traumatized! I started jumping around and screaming and even thought of taking the kids and going to my aunt and uncle's house, but then I would feel like such a wimp since I pretend to be an adult after all. I called my brother in a panic and begged him to come over, but his son was already asleep and he couldn't. And it was in the living room so it wasn't even like I could close the door to the room and stuff a towel under it until my brother could come the next day. So, armed with a baseball bat and Kaboom cleaning spray, I attempted to kill it. I stood on the couch and sprayed about half the bottle on the spider and then tried to smoosh it with the baseball bat from about 4 feet away. Then I sat in the middle of my bed all night with the lights on because I'm a dork like that. The next day my brother came over to confirm it was indeed death and we decided that the spider laughed itself to death at me and it wasn't really anything that I had done that killed it.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I received that same email and the one about eating spiders in our sleep! Why? WHY!! Hm, maybe that's the subconscious reason for my chronic insomnia.

I have an irrational fear of spiders, even the teeny tiny microscopic ones. The really big ones send me into a panic. Last May my oldest son was up late and noticed a giant wolf spider on the wall. The thing looked like a tarantula! I'm still traumatized! I started jumping around and screaming and even thought of taking the kids and going to my aunt and uncle's house, but then I would feel like such a wimp since I pretend to be an adult after all. I called my brother in a panic and begged him to come over, but his son was already asleep and he couldn't. And it was in the living room so it wasn't even like I could close the door to the room and stuff a towel under it until my brother could come the next day. So, armed with a baseball bat and Kaboom cleaning spray, I attempted to kill it. I stood on the couch and sprayed about half the bottle on the spider and then tried to smoosh it with the baseball bat from about 4 feet away. Then I sat in the middle of my bed all night with the lights on because I'm a dork like that. The next day my brother came over to confirm it was indeed death and we decided that the spider laughed itself to death at me and it wasn't really anything that I had done that killed it.

WOW............................................. ..thar were a lot of Tarantula's when we lived by Fort Jackson, South Carolina. They were friendly.................................... .....................

Old 01-08-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
WOW............................................. ..thar were a lot of Tarantula's when we lived by Fort Jackson, South Carolina. They were friendly.................................... .....................
Ha-ha, we got them, too. They're so cute!

Here's a special gift for Mookster! I had an even better one, but it was a huge image.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/un...rantula416.jpg

Old 01-08-2009, 08:31 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,342,175 times
I had painters at my house a couple months ago and while they were going in and out of the house to get paint, rinse brushes etc, they left the door open. Well that afternoon I noticed a small gecko or lizard run across my kitchen floor and underneath my refrigerator. I completely freaked out. All of the painters ended up in my kitchen trying to get it out from under the fridge. It took about an hour but I finally got it out the back door and I'm now paranoid about leaving doors open.

The painters joked that he was just in my house to sell me some car insurance.

Made me want to run out and get a cat.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha-ha, we got them, too. They're so cute!

Here's a special gift for Mookster! I had an even better one, but it was a huge image.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/un...rantula416.jpg

In a pond nearby that i hungout at to get polly wogs there were big'un water mocassin snakes........................:smack :....................................:ee k:................................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships