Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:24 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times

Advertisements

Snakes freak people out too.

In our old neighborhood, there were a couple guys strolling up the sidewalk. You know the type: Rapper wannabes, with the shades. So I'm out working in the yard when these guys come sauntering up the sidewalk like something out of Boyz n The Hood.

Suddenly, I hear this high pitched, "EEEEEEEEE!" And these guys, both late teens, were up on the trunk of the neighbors car. I go wandering over there with my shovel, and say, "Guys, what up?"

"Whatchoutman! Theresasnake!" So I walk around the car, and sure enough, a garden-variety black rat snake sunning itself on the sidewalk. Was about eighteen inches long. These guys are FREAKING OUT about it. They'd long ago pissed away their street cred with me.

So I pad up to the thing, grab it behind the head, and pick it up behind the head, just like I had a hundred times in our creek growing up.

"Whatareyoudoingareyoucrazyman?!?" The snake is thrashing around, but can't do anything. I just grab the tail.

"It's not poisonous, guys. All you got to do is look at the head." I was feeling perverse at this point, so I start to shove the thing closer. "See?" One guy's trying to be cool by this point, but the other guy slides off the car on the opposite side.

So, finally, I let back off into the grass. They wanted me to kill it with my shovel. I said, "Why? The only thing it's a danger to is rats and mice."

After that, when these guys wandered through the neighborhood, they always called me the Snake Handler. They just thought it was the coolest thing that I just walked up to the thing and picked it up. To me, it was one of the funniest moments of my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 09:26 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,255,736 times
^^^ errr, that sounds like something I would do!! The screaming part, of course.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
^^^ errr, that sounds like something I would do!! The screaming part, of course.
Now, the one time I heard a rattler, you cannot believe how far back I leapt. But a healthy fear of rattlers is a rational thing.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:38 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Snakes freak people out too.

In our old neighborhood, there were a couple guys strolling up the sidewalk. You know the type: Rapper wannabes, with the shades. So I'm out working in the yard when these guys come sauntering up the sidewalk like something out of Boyz n The Hood.

Suddenly, I hear this high pitched, "EEEEEEEEE!" And these guys, both late teens, were up on the trunk of the neighbors car. I go wandering over there with my shovel, and say, "Guys, what up?"

"Whatchoutman! Theresasnake!" So I walk around the car, and sure enough, a garden-variety black rat snake sunning itself on the sidewalk. Was about eighteen inches long. These guys are FREAKING OUT about it. They'd long ago pissed away their street cred with me.

So I pad up to the thing, grab it behind the head, and pick it up behind the head, just like I had a hundred times in our creek growing up.

"Whatareyoudoingareyoucrazyman?!?" The snake is thrashing around, but can't do anything. I just grab the tail.

"It's not poisonous, guys. All you got to do is look at the head." I was feeling perverse at this point, so I start to shove the thing closer. "See?" One guy's trying to be cool by this point, but the other guy slides off the car on the opposite side.

So, finally, I let back off into the grass. They wanted me to kill it with my shovel. I said, "Why? The only thing it's a danger to is rats and mice."

After that, when these guys wandered through the neighborhood, they always called me the Snake Handler. They just thought it was the coolest thing that I just walked up to the thing and picked it up. To me, it was one of the funniest moments of my life.

You did Good Bro................we do somewhat the same thing with poisonous snakes......................

Watch where you walk................

Old 01-08-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Now, the one time I heard a rattler, you cannot believe how far back I leapt. But a healthy fear of rattlers is a rational thing.
My kids and I were at the bay and my 12 year old comes running up and says "Mom, there is a huge snake in the minnow basket!"... so I go down to the dock with my .38 and pull the minnow basket from the water and sure enough, I see a slithery snake going bananas in the basket!

I screamed, dropped it back into the water and I shot the basket 3 times with the gun.

My neighbor comes over with his shotgun thinking I was shooting at an intruder and when he sees what I am shooting at he bends over hysterically laughing.

He gets up, goes over to get a kill count from my minnow basket and he really starts laughing...I was shooting at 3 eels that were trapped Oooops

This is one of my kids favorite stories...

Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 PM

I just can't picture you holding a hog's leg in those dainty, manicured little hands.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I just can't picture you holding a hog's leg in those dainty, manicured little hands.
Oh yeah...most Thursdays my friends and I go skeet shooting It is one of the only times you would see my friends with boots on that are not Jimmy's

Old 01-08-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah...most Thursdays my friends and I go skeet shooting It is one of the only times you would see my friends with boots on that are not Jimmy's

Have Gun's Will Travel..............................har.har.har... .....................

Old 01-08-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Have Gun's Will Travel..............................har.har.har... .....................
Hmmm, you know me well Just for sport, seriously. I don't have a survivalist lifestyle...yet

Old 01-08-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
My kids and I were at the bay and my 12 year old comes running up and says "Mom, there is a huge snake in the minnow basket!"... so I go down to the dock with my .38 and pull the minnow basket from the water and sure enough, I see a slithery snake going bananas in the basket!

I screamed, dropped it back into the water and I shot the basket 3 times with the gun.

My neighbor comes over with his shotgun thinking I was shooting at an intruder and when he sees what I am shooting at he bends over hysterically laughing.

He gets up, goes over to get a kill count from my minnow basket and he really starts laughing...I was shooting at 3 eels that were trapped Oooops

This is one of my kids favorite stories...

One of my favorite toys is a .38 Colt 2" nickel plated bankers special.........................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships