Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:04 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,292,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
yeah, and what I don't get is, what's with the elaborate story about your mother? and the weird airport BS? does he think I'm that gullible? if you didn't want to go to NY, just say so!!!
what a loser and a wimp!!
I have to agree with you here...I don't know why people do these things but some people do...I think it 's a waste of time to act like that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 11:06 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,709,623 times
ha! ha! yeah, I was debating on telling him I met a guy in NY and want no further contact!! the good thing is I"m leaving soon, so I may not have to deal with the loser anymore!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Text him back and tell him you took some other guy to NY with you and ask him not to contact you again.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:08 AM

It sure is!! what a creep. I get more and more pissed about it, especially not knowing the reasons.
ok-maybe he had a girl over or something, but he was texting me an awful lot for soeone to put up with that but I'm not sure and don't care!!

I mean, you can't BS a BS***ter!!! ha! ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I have to agree with you here...I don't know why people do these things but some people do...I think it 's a waste of time to act like that...

Old 01-12-2009, 01:42 PM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,264,211 times
You don't want to associate with a compulsive liar. This guys lies way too easily. Even if he has self esteem issues and was covering up his discomfort with meeting up with you by making up these stories, you don't need a guy with this kind of baggage.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:02 PM

no, definately not. Plus, his lie didn't even seem remotely plausable! I mean, if you're gonna lie about flightimes, airports, things like that, at least research it first so you know what you're talking about!!
Ih ad to keep from just texting him. "do you think I'm stupid????" but, as always, I try to be nice. But I did text, "wow, you made really good time, adn the pilot must've drunk 100 coffees to be able to get you back so fast" (notice the subtle overtone of-I don't believe a word of this BS!)
ha ha! what a jerk!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
You don't want to associate with a compulsive liar. This guys lies way too easily. Even if he has self esteem issues and was covering up his discomfort with meeting up with you by making up these stories, you don't need a guy with this kind of baggage.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:24 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,727,794 times
Quote:
yeah, and what I don't get is, what's with the elaborate story about your mother? and the weird airport BS? does he think I'm that gullible? if you didn't want to go to NY, just say so!!!
what a loser and a wimp!!
What are you doing dating this turd?

Snap out of it.

To me if someone asks me to go somewhere, I say yes or no. I don't feel I need to provide answers or make up silly stories. Anyone that does that has some screws loose.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:30 PM

no doubt!! we're technically not dating. we went out only once. his texting/calling behaviors have gotten ridiculous with the sexual innuendos. It's such a turn off. but at the time I asked him to go, it seemed reasonable. If he didn't want to, I don't why he came up with such a stupid story.
If his mother was really sick, then that's unfortunate and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but if he made the whole thing up because of his "loose screws" then I am OUTTA THERE!!!!! GOOD BYE!!! I just wanted to share the story because it was so convoluted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
What are you doing dating this turd?

Snap out of it.

To me if someone asks me to go somewhere, I say yes or no. I don't feel I need to provide answers or make up silly stories. Anyone that does that has some screws loose.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:35 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,707,216 times
Quote:
no doubt!! we're technically not dating. we went out only once. his texting/calling behaviors have gotten ridiculous with the sexual innuendos. It's such a turn off. but at the time I asked him to go, it seemed reasonable. If he didn't want to, I don't why he came up with such a stupid story.
If his mother was really sick, then that's unfortunate and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but if he made the whole thing up because of his "loose screws" then I am OUTTA THERE!!!!! GOOD BYE!!! I just wanted to share the story because it was so convoluted!
Sorry to hear that. Well, your time is much better spent on guys who can be direct and not give you petty BS.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:37 PM

i agree!! at least nothing was really invested in this guy. maybe he'll just go away. I'm leaving anyway, so that will help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Well, your time is much better spent on guys who can be direct and not give you petty BS.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,727,794 times
Quote:
When I read that I still get a underlying sense you are rationalizing a bit for him. Do you really think his mother was ill? And even if she was I think there would be a bit more transparency and clarity about the issue.

For starters the silly texts, come on now. Imagine what this maroon would be like in ten years. I think it's good to give people a chance, but if they are not long term material, dump em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships