Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 06:45 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,712,857 times

Advertisements

well, I didn't get the impression he was married because when we talked at the sportsbar, he said he worked an overnight job at a hotel on Saturday night and he would rest at the hotel and then come to the bar, where he would stay until at least 5 or 6om.
So, I don't know too many wives who would want their hub to work all night, then not come the next day until 6pm?
and he did originally want to come to NY, he could have just said he couldn't make it. Not make up a crazy story about it??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
The guy is married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 07:09 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,362,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
oh, "nj" I didn't seee your last question, no I never sent a pic (don't have a camera phone) and as far as texts, I replied to the first couple texts, teasingly, like flirting. But I guess he took that and ran with it because then EVERY text had a suggestive comment. I would try to talk about random things, andhe would always steer it toward something sexual-not graphic, just sexually suggestive.
-like the sexual innuendo guy on SNL.
Did he text you this am. yet?? Inquiring minds want to know!lol!

don't let the bahstads wear you down. There are better ones out there.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:02 AM

OMG!!! nj, the texts have been ridiculous!! yesterday, I rec'vd 10 texts during the day, last night 3 more. I finally texted him that I'm not going to have time to get together this week, I'm leaving, but that I was glad we got a chance to go out., well, he went a little haywire with the next 3 texts! he went on to say how shocked he was, he didn't understand, he was so confused, blah blah blah, I just ignored them and went to bed.
this morning, he has texted me 3 times!! and 2 before 6am!!!! the last one he sent about an hour ago said that he assumed he wasn't going to hear from me and he still didn't know what he did wrong.

I hope that is the last I hear from him!! The airport/flight lie just took me over the edge, he knows his story was BS because I think he was just feeling guilty. Instead of just saying he couldn't make it to NY, he made up a stupid story and has sent me running for the hills!!! boy, I'm glad I'm leaving!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Did he text you this am. yet?? Inquiring minds want to know!lol!

don't let the bahstads wear you down. There are better ones out there.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:35 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,362,274 times
Quote:
OMG!!! nj, the texts have been ridiculous!! yesterday, I rec'vd 10 texts during the day, last night 3 more. I finally texted him that I'm not going to have time to get together this week, I'm leaving, but that I was glad we got a chance to go out., well, he went a little haywire with the next 3 texts! he went on to say how shocked he was, he didn't understand, he was so confused, blah blah blah, I just ignored them and went to bed.
this morning, he has texted me 3 times!! and 2 before 6am!!!! the last one he sent about an hour ago said that he assumed he wasn't going to hear from me and he still didn't know what he did wrong.

I hope that is the last I hear from him!! The airport/flight lie just took me over the edge, he knows his story was BS because I think he was just feeling guilty. Instead of just saying he couldn't make it to NY, he made up a stupid story and has sent me running for the hills!!! boy, I'm glad I'm leaving!!

OMG!Sport!! He is unbelievable. He wants a challenge I can see that..Wow, this guy is definitely clueless that he thinks he is going to pull the wool over your eyes...What an aszzz!!what is wrong with these guys? How old is he? Is he really young? or just an idiot LOL>>>>

Old 01-14-2009, 08:40 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,023,543 times
He is definitely a deceptive jerk, but it almost seems like you are leading him on. Why don't you just call him and tell him it's over and you don't want to see him anymore?

Old 01-14-2009, 08:52 AM

"nj", he's 38, a perfectly adult age for a man!! but he's acting like a little girl, or lost puppy dog or something! I didn't engage in a back and forth text conversation because I don't want to hear his excuses or more BS, I just want a clean break. I did it calmy, kindly and yes, I could have told him rather than text it, but forget it! I also didn't say: "let's be friends"!! ha! ha!

I hope he gets the hint, his earlier text said "I couldn't sleep at all, blah blah". C'mon,man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
OMG!Sport!! He is unbelievable. He wants a challenge I can see that..Wow, this guy is definitely clueless that he thinks he is going to pull the wool over your eyes...What an aszzz!!what is wrong with these guys? How old is he? Is he really young? or just an idiot LOL>>>>

Old 01-14-2009, 08:56 AM

I just said that I don't want to get together and glad we went out. Most people would assume that's kind of saying goodbye.
I get the feeling that the guy has potential to be unstable, so I didn't want to put any fuel on his fire by being too rude. I tried to just quietly fade out, he's the one with the problem of texting me over and over. I mean if a guy ignored 2 or 3 of my texts, that would be the end of it for me! I wouldn't contact him ever again! I wouldn't think he was leading me on, I would assume he wants me to stop texting him, so I would stop, not be obsessed with why he wasn't answering me.
But, I hope it's over now! what a disappointment on several levels!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
He is definitely a deceptive jerk, but it almost seems like you are leading him on. Why don't you just call him and tell him it's over and you don't want to see him anymore?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:51 AM

Well, I decided that since ignoring this guy wasn't working (he was either texting or calling every hour!) I sent him a note that I would call him. He text: "ok, I thought you weren't talking to me, I really want to see you and say goodbye", I txt back "we can say goodbye by phone, I just have too much to do", then I wrote "goodnite" (thinking he'd get the hint!) well he didn't because he wrote back "do you want me to call you?"
I ignored this.
After thinking about it for a few minutes, I decided, No, I don't want to even talk to this guy anymore, and I don't care if I "hurt his feelings" by texting, but I wrote :I don't want to talk about it, Please leave me alone, I'm leaving and I don't want to be contacted".
well, he still didn't get the hint, and wrote "what did I do?" at this point, I was almost in tears because; 1) the guy wouldn't drop it and leave me alone, 2) his wimpy, girly responses were sickening me, and 3) I just wanted him to go away and take a hint!.
So, after I ignored the last txt, I blocked the number. I should have done it sooner, but I was trying to see if this guy would grow a "d" or a backbone and take a hint and move on!! we are not dating, we went out once, he became a weak, insecure liar and I have NO time for that in my life!! So what's the big deal? it didn't work out, I'm leaving, just let it go!!!!!!! But he wouldn't and "nj" was right, she said he wanted a challenge and he did, he knew his lie about the airport/flight was BS, so he was backpeddling and trying to see if I figured it out, of course I did but I am not going to acknowledge it with him because he knows the truth! I just wanted a clean break from this weird, loser and I did it!! I just hope he doesn't try to do anything wierd since he knows where I work and tomorrow is my last day.

(Sorry for the rant! just wanted to update you further!)

Old 01-15-2009, 07:52 AM

968 posts, read 2,595,821 times
Quote:
Well, I decided that since ignoring this guy wasn't working (he was either texting or calling every hour!) I sent him a note that I would call him. He text: "ok, I thought you weren't talking to me, I really want to see you and say goodbye", I txt back "we can say goodbye by phone, I just have too much to do", then I wrote "goodnite" (thinking he'd get the hint!) well he didn't because he wrote back "do you want me to call you?"
I ignored this.
After thinking about it for a few minutes, I decided, No, I don't want to even talk to this guy anymore, and I don't care if I "hurt his feelings" by texting, but I wrote :I don't want to talk about it, Please leave me alone, I'm leaving and I don't want to be contacted".
well, he still didn't get the hint, and wrote "what did I do?" at this point, I was almost in tears because; 1) the guy wouldn't drop it and leave me alone, 2) his wimpy, girly responses were sickening me, and 3) I just wanted him to go away and take a hint!.
So, after I ignored the last txt, I blocked the number. I should have done it sooner, but I was trying to see if this guy would grow a "d" or a backbone and take a hint and move on!! we are not dating, we went out once, he became a weak, insecure liar and I have NO time for that in my life!! So what's the big deal? it didn't work out, I'm leaving, just let it go!!!!!!! But he wouldn't and "nj" was right, she said he wanted a challenge and he did, he knew his lie about the airport/flight was BS, so he was backpeddling and trying to see if I figured it out, of course I did but I am not going to acknowledge it with him because he knows the truth! I just wanted a clean break from this weird, loser and I did it!! I just hope he doesn't try to do anything wierd since he knows where I work and tomorrow is my last day.

(Sorry for the rant! just wanted to update you further!)
oh come on baby can I have one more chance?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:55 AM

4,278 posts, read 8,207,869 times
I want to go to New York. I am not married.

Gimme a shout
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships