Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 05:49 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,300,260 times

Advertisements

Next time you guys hang out, don't bring up the incident at all... yet. Wait until he finishes laughing for whatever reason, then BAM! Just tell him to his face that his story does not add up, and you don't play games. But I guess that's a game too, isn't it?

Point is, pull a 'Judge Judy' on his a$$... 'If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true'!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 06:34 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,704,296 times
yes, you're right. I just thought it was a strange coincidence that I invited him on Saturday, but on Wed, his mother got sick and he had to fly quickly to NC to see her. Then, he called me to say he arrived, but there;s no way he could've made it to NC from Boston that quickly!
also, when he "returned" on Sunday, he gave me these ridiculous times that don't exist with the airline, I knew it was BS, that's why I asked what time was his flight, etc.
Plus, he supposedly made it back to Boston at 1:20p from an 1150a take off. well that's impossible because when I called the airline he told me he was on, they had no direct flights, and a non-stop flight is 2 hr 10 min, so it would have been impossible for him to be on a flight for 1 hr and 30 mins!!! But, I knew this, I just kept "playing" along.

sorry to ramble on, but this guy has some sort of problem, last night he called me 3 or 4 times, and the texts were non stop! just this morning he has called me and texted already!!!
Today, I'm going to let him kow it was nice spending time with him, but I am leaving, etc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
When I read that I still get a underlying sense you are rationalizing a bit for him. Do you really think his mother was ill? And even if she was I think there would be a bit more transparency and clarity about the issue.

For starters the silly texts, come on now. Imagine what this maroon would be like in ten years. I think it's good to give people a chance, but if they are not long term material, dump em.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:37 AM

right, I mean I have been going over the story in my head and I laugh about it, the fact that he just couldn't take a simple picture of him and his brothers on his camera phone? c'mon, that's what gave me another red flag, and the fact that when he called me over the weekend, he didn't necessarily give me news about his mother, I mean, that was the purpose of the trip, right? so how is she? better? worse?, etc.
But, the airport thing is what put the final nail in the coffin. I'm not an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Next time you guys hang out, don't bring up the incident at all... yet. Wait until he finishes laughing for whatever reason, then BAM! Just tell him to his face that his story does not add up, and you don't play games. But I guess that's a game too, isn't it?

Point is, pull a 'Judge Judy' on his a$$... 'If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true'!

Old 01-13-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
yes, you're right. I just thought it was a strange coincidence that I invited him on Saturday, but on Wed, his mother got sick and he had to fly quickly to NC to see her.
Ahhh, he must be a doctor, so he must have rushed home to give his diagnosis for his gravely ill mother. Then left immediately to have a brew and watch a game with his buddies.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:06 AM

ha! ha! the miracle of modern medicine!!! so, I should say something about his story not making sense, or just drop it and cease contact?

Quote:
Ahhh, he must be a doctor, so he must have rushed home to give his diagnosis for his gravely ill mother. Then left immediately to have a brew and watch a game with his buddies.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:12 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,711,904 times
Quote:
ha! ha! the miracle of modern medicine!!! so, I should say something about his story not making sense, or just drop it and cease contact?
Drop it. If a woman texted me that much I'd be running away as fast as possible. I don't like codependent needy people. Sure if someone sends a message or calls once or twice a day, but several times a night? Give it a rest.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:39 AM

I know! In fact, he has either called or texted me 4 times this morning now! and one was a picture message.
I was just going to say that if I did this to a guy, or if I was a guy and had a girl calling/texting me every hour, he would run for the hills!
I can't believe how this guy turned into a d**k-less wimp all of a sudden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Drop it. If a woman texted me that much I'd be running away as fast as possible. I don't like codependent needy people. Sure if someone sends a message or calls once or twice a day, but several times a night? Give it a rest.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:52 AM

Not that I care, but just curious... what was the picture, or will I regret asking? I was watching Judge Judy the other day ('tis what we do on our lunch break for laughs... we'd watch Springer, but he's not on at that hour), and this woman was suing this guy for getting mad at her. He got mad at her because she took a picture of her t*ts with her phone and sent it to another guy. I guess I wouldn't be happy either... and the boyfriend being sued was paralyzed, in a wheel chair!

Old 01-13-2009, 10:26 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,355,765 times
Quote:
I'm definately thinking so. It was a huge let down in many ways because I liked him alot at first. we talked for 4 months, so I felt like I knew him and we hit it off pretty well that I thought it would be nice to invite him, but after all the suggestive texts and comments, I started to second guess him, and after this weekend's BS sounding story, I'm like LATER, DUDE!! he has texted me already twice this morning and called! aye yay yay!
Sportsie!! on to the next, girlfriend!!! Sounds too weird....He sounds like he gets caught up in his own web of lies!! that sucks though that you've known him 4 months!! That is tooo strange that he has never sent you a pic of himself. I smell a rat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hang in there... Keep on looking!

that is such BS! Does he not think you are computer literate to look at the bs he is spewing?? My hub works for the airlines and Charlotte's security iS NOT EASY to get through that fast! It's a hub for going to FL, the Caribbean.etc.... what an arse he is making of himself. Ignore him or tell him to take a hike....

Have you sent a pic to him?? Suggestive texts right off the bat? red flags ahead......You are above this creep!

Old 01-13-2009, 10:31 AM

It was just a pic of him, which is funny because when I asked him to take one of him and his brothers, he said it was too dark and never sent it. so why now is he sending me a pic of himself? I already know what he looks like.

Quote:
Not that I care, but just curious... what was the picture, or will I regret asking? I was watching Judge Judy the other day ('tis what we do on our lunch break for laughs... we'd watch Springer, but he's not on at that hour), and this woman was suing this guy for getting mad at her. He got mad at her because she took a picture of her t*ts with her phone and sent it to another guy. I guess I wouldn't be happy either... and the boyfriend being sued was paralyzed, in a wheel chair!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships