Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 AM

378 posts, read 772,671 times

Advertisements

In the view of all the recent posts about break-ups and bad relationship, I'd figured to pass along one tip. It's the key to any relationship:

Ladies, the man has to love you just a bit more than you love him.

Yes, as simple as that. Does anyone else have any tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 10:49 AM

395 posts, read 1,287,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyBeing View Post
In the view of all the recent posts about break-ups and bad relationship, I'd figured to pass along one tip. It's the key to any relationship:

But how to make him love him more than I do?

Old 01-20-2009, 10:54 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,151,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyBeing View Post

I suggest that every woman should read "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands". Basically, it says that a wife must put her husband first in all things. That means before the job, before the relatives, before the house and YES before the children.

Also, show him the same kind of attention and appreciation that you did when you were dating. Laugh at his jokes, listen to his complaints, be his best friend and always there for him when he needs you. Tell him daily how much you appreciate him and what a good man/husband he is. Compliment the things that he does and work every single day to make him feel loved, appreciated and respected.

Believe me it works. I can attest to that.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-20-2009, 11:32 AM

937 posts, read 2,835,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I suggest that every woman should read "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands". Basically, it says that a wife must put her husband first in all things. That means before the job, before the relatives, before the house and YES before the children.

Also, show him the same kind of attention and appreciation that you did when you were dating. Laugh at his jokes, listen to his complaints, be his best friend and always there for him when he needs you. Tell him daily how much you appreciate him and what a good man/husband he is. Compliment the things that he does and work every single day to make him feel loved, appreciated and respected.

20yrsinBranson
Sounds good, but that should go for both sides. In my relationship, we have trust, communication and love for each other. Learn that the other has bad days, and learn to forgive and forget. Appreciate them for who they are. If something goes wrong, apologize. Send a text when you wake up saying "good morning" and say I love you even if you just had an argument. Its the little things that count...

Old 01-20-2009, 11:47 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,545,969 times
A couple of things that work for both husbands and wives....

You don't always have to be right or in charge
Don't sweat the small stuff.
Laugh with each other.

It is NOT your place to point out your spouses flaws....especially in public.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:55 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,248,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
A couple of things that work for both husbands and wives....

You don't always have to be right or in charge
Don't sweat the small stuff.
Laugh with each other.

It is NOT your place to point out your spouses flaws....especially in public.
"It is NOT your place to point out your spouses flaws."

Would you please tell my wife that....(;>)=

Old 01-20-2009, 12:04 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,748,072 times
Be Kind
Laugh a lot
Respect each other
Don't always take so many things seriously.

I am married almost 32 years and my now 80 year old gave me the best advise when I was young and that was "It was the two of you before it became the four of you so always make time for each other no matter what because it will be the two of you again and you will have something once the kids are grown and gone."
Smart woman.

When we were young and broke even if we were having peanut butter sandwiches for dinner we still lit the candles sat at the table and always talked.

I would like to add that I still get notes under my coffee cup.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:09 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,493,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

20yrsinBranson
Tammy Wynette!! Is that you????????????????

Old 01-20-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
But how to make him love him more than I do?
You can't "make" someone love you more..but you can try...how about being mysterious and alluring. Honestly, the best thing is to have FUN!

Old 01-20-2009, 12:29 PM

Definitely agree with not being so serious, and focusing on each other first and the kids second.

But, I also wanted to address the single people out there. I think one needs to really find someone who's crazy in love with you. Of course, it has to be mutual...to a degree . Do not settle for convinience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships