Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:30 AM

13,782 posts, read 26,302,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
I respect the hard work and discipline that goes into a bodybuilder's physique, but I don't think they look great when they're in competition shape. I also respect those super skinny marathon runners, too, but think they look rather gross. But, my opinions are just mine and I'm sure there are plenty of women out there in love with both physiques.
I sat next to an ultra runner on a flight and he was in some very bad shape...he had just finished up one of the "runs" across the desert and his feet were bleeding, he was vomiting and other "stomach" issues, if you know what I mean...

Moderation seems to be the best all the way around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 10:33 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,051,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm sure there is a set of bleach blonde implants with collagen lips running around in L.A. who finds hulking muscles sexy,........
Not that many believe me. Women here like "performance" in a man and often those who are bodybuilders, while growing their muscles is their goal, they tend to shrink one very very important part of their body that they shouldnt shrink.

Why the LA stereotype? You find women like that all over (especially in Texas now).

Old 01-23-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Not that many believe me. Women here like "performance" in a man and often those who are bodybuilders, while growing their muscles is their goal, they tend to shrink one very very important part of their body that they shouldnt shrink.

Why the LA stereotype? You find women like that all over (especially in Texas now).
I was hoping a man would say it so I didn't have to Thanks!!

Old 01-23-2009, 10:35 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,239,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Being that ripped, to me, indicates an obsession with his appearance and body. It goes beyond an interest in health and physical fitness ... spending that kind of time and money on your body is just narcissistic to me. It's a turn off. I know no guy with 3% body fat is going to give me the time of day anyway.
Agree, it's just not attractive at all when they get that big. The women look even worse.
I've dated a few guys who worked out a lot and lifted a lot of weight, but nowhere near that distorted. I dated a guy who got to about 9% in bodyfat and had really nice arms (I have a 'thing' for nice arms. Mmmmm ). He was kind of gym obsessed, but it wasn't awful. We went to the gym together daily for just over an hour, and he was in the army so did all of his running, etc at work. If he'd had a desk job and was trying to keep that fit just in the gym, he would have basically lived there and that would have been unacceptable.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Agree, it's just not attractive at all when they get that big. The women look even worse.
I've dated a few guys who worked out a lot and lifted a lot of weight, but nowhere near that distorted. I dated a guy who got to about 9% in bodyfat and had really nice arms (I have a 'thing' for nice arms. Mmmmm ). He was kind of gym obsessed, but it wasn't awful. We went to the gym together daily for just over an hour, and he was in the army so did all of his running, etc at work. If he'd had a desk job and was trying to keep that fit just in the gym, he would have basically lived there and that would have been unacceptable.
Oh yes, the female body builders are not attractive, IMO.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:39 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,692,424 times
Quote:

I grew up in Southern California. I know the place doesn't match the stereotype in many ways. I just had to pick a place. That's all. I suppose I could have had the implants residing in Seattle or Kansas City.

lol @ performance

Old 01-23-2009, 10:40 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,051,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Oh yes, the female body builders are not attractive, IMO.
I agree, female body builders are usually ugly to me. But, the female fitness competitors are beautiful. They dont go for huge muscles but instead go for the overall fitness package - strength, flexibility, cardio endurance, etc.

I guess I just really like athletic women like olympic sprinters and pole vaulters.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:41 AM

913 posts, read 1,811,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Because I am friends with guys that stay in shape and work out to varrying degrees I just assumed all women find the body building type attractive. I work out and lift but only because I enjoy being athletic not to build bulk. My wife voiced concern and asked me if I was going to look like those freaks that compete one day. I'm friends with some of those freaks as she put it but was actually very surprised. Are most women like this? I mean even the guys that bulk up don't look like they do on stage during competition, they achieve that look by dehydrating the week before the meet and working out before they go out for judging. She asked this when we were younger not like yesterday.

RCM, I as your wife, am not attracted to what I (and everyone else) like to call "meatheads". Ever see the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles where they're on the elevator and those huge monsters are swaying back and forth the music? Thats what they remind me of. Huge muscles, little head. Of course, its sexy to have a fit and tone body, but when you've got muscles upon muscles, it just doesn't cut it. I have a friend named Jared that lifts before work, during lunch, and after work, and its just ridiculous. Tocar and Razor all over the place.

I'm obviously just speaking for me though...

Old 01-23-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
I agree, female body builders are usually ugly to me. But, the female fitness competitors are beautiful. They dont go for huge muscles but instead go for the overall fitness package - strength, flexibility, cardio endurance, etc.

I guess I just really like athletic women like olympic sprinters and pole vaulters.
I have never seen a pic of a "fitness competitor"....do they compete on the circuit exercises?

Old 01-23-2009, 10:42 AM

50,522 posts, read 64,480,575 times
I agree. Muscle bound men are not at all attractive. They have a way of walking..they can't put their arms down by their sides because of the muscles, so their arms sort of stick out funny; and the way they all want to wear wife beater tee shirts so everyone will see their muscles is too funny.

My husband had some workers who worked out and were all muscle bound, but they were not strong. They couldn't really lift things as well as the wiry guys could. Like, it's all for show, you know? Fake, and sort of gay. It seems to me sort of unmanly to be overly concerned with one's appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships