Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:03 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,269,609 times

Advertisements

ICK! They are disproportionate and creepy looking... they don't have necks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 10:13 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,987,767 times
Weight Lifters and body builders are two totally separate animals.

I consider myself a weight lifter but am in no way a body builder. Body builders are obsessed with bulking, getting bigger, going for the "standard" in body building competitions, looking and posing in the mirror and walking around in tank tops.

Weight Lifters (like me) workout out for goals other than to just be HUGE. I like my 31 inch waist and have no plans on getting it bigger (I like my "V" shape). I rarely if ever workout my biceps because my goals are performance based (martial arts) and not vanity based.

My wife doesnt like the body builder types either. However, she does like the muscular necks on guys though.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:16 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,230,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
This is my friends uncle when he won Mr America. He was an early one before they became like my wife called freakish.

Hes the one in the middle
These guys aren't so bad IMO. Obviously they don't look exactly like this off stage. Heck, they look better than that “woman” I posted on another thread.

I suppose these days weightlifters are so much more disgusting because of all these supplements, drugs, you name it they take.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post

My wife doesnt like the body builder types either. However, she does like the muscular necks on guys though.
We have a friend who is a weight lifter and is in it STRICTLY for vanities sake but his neck freaks me out...I had a few too many drinks one night and asked him if I could wax the nasty hair on it and if he would not let me wax it would he consider letting me knit it?? We still laugh about it and he had electrolysis done on his back and neck

Old 01-23-2009, 10:21 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,655,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Working up a sweat in a gym is something a little different with different results. There seems to be only one purpose.....bigger and better muscle tone.
Really? So improving your cardiovascular fitness, strengthening your bones, improving flexibility, preventing certain illnesses, and regenerating brain cells (which exercise has been proven to do) doesn't count? Sorry, not trying to get on your case. But not every guy who works out in the gym is trying to get all big and muscular.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:25 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,663,793 times
I'm surprised you're surprised by your wife's comment. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any woman who has ever told me she goes for this look. I'm sure there is a set of bleach blonde implants with collagen lips running around in L.A. who finds hulking muscles sexy, but the vast majority of women like guys toned, not bulging I think.

61,286 posts, read 87,510,121 times
your wife has good instincts and good health sense she wants to keep you around.
primary medical issue in all back and joint problems is excessive weight. i know of no better way to create weight issues in later life than body building.

4,739 posts, read 8,381,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
These guys aren't so bad IMO. Obviously they don't look exactly like this off stage. Heck, they look better than that “woman” I posted on another thread.

I suppose these days weightlifters are so much more disgusting because of all these supplements, drugs, you name it they take.
Yeah its gotten out of hand with the steroid use, one of the guys at the gym had been taking them for years so that he could win at dead lifting, hes one of those guys that almost looks fat because of the type of training he does, he had cancer last year and I wonder if it wasn't the steroids.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i know of no better way to create weight issues in later life than body building.
Really? I did not know that...glad my husband is not into weightlifting...

Old 01-23-2009, 10:27 AM

2,588 posts, read 5,435,606 times
I respect the hard work and discipline that goes into a bodybuilder's physique, but I don't think they look great when they're in competition shape. I also respect those super skinny marathon runners, too, but think they look rather gross. But, my opinions are just mine and I'm sure there are plenty of women out there in love with both physiques.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships