Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,224,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I agree, female body builders are usually ugly to me. But, the female fitness competitors are beautiful. They dont go for huge muscles but instead go for the overall fitness package - strength, flexibility, cardio endurance, etc.

I guess I just really like athletic women like olympic sprinters and pole vaulters.
Do you consider the picture Sierra posted in the 'curvy' thread, to be more body builder, or more fitness competitor?
You said you could find her attractive, and to me she's very body builder looking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 10:44 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,202,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
he had cancer last year and I wonder if it wasn't the steroids.
I wouldn't wonder too much. They aren't vitamins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
I also respect those super skinny marathon runners, too, but think they look rather gross.
Yeah, those, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Why the LA stereotype?
Why the LA stereotype? We don't have to look too far, do we - it's enough to hear what you do and what you like. I love ocean view, but most of the crowd on Cali's boardwalks makes me wanna puke.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:47 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,472 times
I think that as long as a man keeps himself fit for health reasons and to boost his confidence a bit, he's as good for me as well as he's attractive.

But when a guy starts lookn' like The Hulk....

ah, no.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:56 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,975,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I have never seen a pic of a "fitness competitor"....do they compete on the circuit exercises?
The links I posted on the other threads (Jelena Abbou and Monica Brandt) are fitness competitors. Here's a link with perfect examples (see Diana Chaloux):

Female Fitness,Figure and Bodybuilder Competitors: January 2009

Good description would be the average female Cirque Du Soleil dancer/acrobat. Or a gymnast/track sprinter.

Jelena Abbou is about a perfect example though.

Here is Monica Brandt.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:02 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,975,442 times
Oops. Here is fitness model Monica Brandt.

Last edited by kris; 01-10-2014 at 04:52 AM..

Old 01-23-2009, 11:07 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,379,263 times
Monica has nice thighs but why does it look like her head was cut out of another picture? Maybe its just me.

Now that I look closer I guess its just the pose.

Last edited by Rcm58; 01-23-2009 at 11:15 AM..

Old 01-23-2009, 11:35 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,202,868 times
Quote:
Monica has nice thighs but why does it look like her head was cut out of another picture? Maybe its just me.
It does look this way. I think it's because she's got no neck - just like the men.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,055,119 times
Quote:
Because I am friends with guys that stay in shape and work out to varrying degrees I just assumed all women find the body building type attractive. I work out and lift but only because I enjoy being athletic not to build bulk. My wife voiced concern and asked me if I was going to look like those freaks that compete one day. I'm friends with some of those freaks as she put it but was actually very surprised. Are most women like this? I mean even the guys that bulk up don't look like they do on stage during competition, they achieve that look by dehydrating the week before the meet and working out before they go out for judging. She asked this when we were younger not like yesterday.
Some women ara attracted to the extreme bodybuilder, but most are not. Most women like a more thin, athletic, wiry body type. There are a select few whjo are into the bulging veins and tight stretched skin, and the few who are into this type of man are usually in great shape themselves and respect the work that goes into achieving this body type.

The guys on stage are only in that particular shape for maybe a day or two. Immediately after the competition their bodies won't be as lean and sculpted because during the competition they're on a glycemic high, basically running on blood sugar. After the competition the bodybuilder will eat a diet different from that of their pre-comp diet.

My son is a bodybuilder and when he's getting ready for a competition he is not interested in impressing the ladies, at that stage it's all about impressing the other guys, because it is a guy thing.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:08 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,671,547 times
exactly!

it is, as mentioned, about competition and comparing yourself to other men. men do that all the time. even in the showers. the say they dont, but we do. we look. we compare.

as for body building, i think most people will agree that this look is awful. to me its a simple case of body image dysmorphia (not always). the idea that they arent big enough. the same way 75 lb girls think they are not thin enough.

a lot of psychological issues. there is not need to be that big. most of those guys would not make it thru the first round of a strong man competition. its all looks. and lots of guys buy into that.

go to any gym and you see these guys that spend hours and hours on their bodies. or rather their UPPER bodies. they have the punniest legs!!!

what matters is over all conditioning. get fit. who cares how big they look?

and whats with lookin orange and purple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindlayMom View Post
My personal opinion about male bodybuilders is this:
They are doing this to impress other men and not
women. I have spoken to many women about
male bodybuilders and the overall consensus is that
women don't like the over exaggerated muscles.
It's gross. Men, however, love to look at the muscles
that other men have. Gentlemen....don't go crazy
with the muscles! Lean and having a 6 pack is one
thing, but the nasty bulging vein popping stuff is nasty.
Yuk.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS. Confused View Post
I personally do not find the big body building type guy attractive, actually I find them pretty gross. Don't get me wrong, I like a guy who is in shape. I think the Paul Walker type is perfect.
Agreed, doesn't float my boat AT ALL, yuck. Men in shape, yes. Bodybuilders, no way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships