Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 12:29 AM

2,751 posts, read 5,369,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Um, hm. Maybe it depends on a person's "predisposition" or "likes".

I know that when I run on the treadmill, I have youtube videos of britney and janet playing - because they are a great inspiration body wise.

So perhaps there is a level of admiration and respect in addition to attraction.

But, yeah, I guess that may be a bit easier for two gals.
So, this is it. It's just that there's a shorter distance between admiration and sexual attraction for women than there is for men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 01:08 AM

318 posts, read 821,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't mean any disrespect at all trust me here. I'm confused about a couple of things and maybe someone could answer this question. I was out and about today and I saw a lesbian couple maybe in their mid 40's and these two women would scare a war seasoned marine.

They were really burly looking wearing flannel, you know the total stereotype.

What I don't understand is if you are a lesbian and like ladies why would you go for chicks that look like dudes??

I love beautiful soft, feminine ladies, why is it that so many lesbians look like truck drivers, don't they like pretty feminine ladies too.

Yeah, I've heard the phrase "lipstick lesbian" but I sure seems like they are few and far between.

Just curious

That's confuses me too to be honest. That's not considered the stereotypical lesbian, it's called BUTCH lesbians. In other words, Dipstick or Lipstick. Also, Ellen Degeneres calls herself a Chapstick lesbian so I don't know the idfference between Dipstick and chapstick. You rarely see 2 butch lesbians in a relationship. The butch is almost always with a lipstick.

I guess in that regard, it has something to do with "getting the best of both worlds," which I hear a lot of them say. I think those girls might be more bi then total lesbian. They get the sensitivity of a woman and characteristics of a man.

As for lipstick lesbians, those are the "where's Waldo" types. Your seemingly straight looking friend might be a full fledged lesbian and I assure you, there are A LOT of those. The reason why you would think the typical Lesbo is butch is because they tend to stick out like a sore thumb.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:43 AM

318 posts, read 821,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I do not agree with a single word you are saying. If you are "unexpectedly" attracted to someone of your own sex, you are inherently open to that type of relationship. If you are heterosexual, you are not open to that.

What you described is having a rigid mindset. Sexuality is fluid and rarely is it black and white. That's why many people put sexuality on a KINSEY SCALE. On a scale from 1-10 it's rare that someone would choose 1 or 10. It's unrealistic. Many "straight" men and women would be around a 2-4. They appreciate the beauty, the curves... or lack there of , but the thought doesn't transcend that in most cases.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:33 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,972,805 times
I didnt think it was something you 'experimented' with. You are programmed one way or another.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,633 times
i'm a girl and i have...and i enjoyed it a bit too much....and my partner well...enjoyed it a bit but not as much as i did..and now i want to stop having homosexual attractions to my close friend...and I haven't been able to find any good advice anywhere on how to stop specifically other than praying. right now on the scale i would be a full lesbian because i don't even think of men anymore...i don't even think of other girls....i'm like....crazy about her!..... i want to go back to the way things were and have a normal platonic relationship with my friend that will last a lifetime...I don't want to be weird, i don't want to feel repugnant every time i see her because of the sexy thoughts that occured in my mind...I just want to be a good friend....but i'm so ridiculously sensitive around her...its just very awkward...please somebody help me!

Old 01-28-2009, 01:30 PM

591 posts, read 1,417,020 times
O.k. I'll confess. I've been with women and would again. I don't consider myself gay because i still find men to be very attractive. But I'd have to say yes that I would and have had a relationship with a girl.
As for guys, I have a few gay guy friends but have no desire to see them get it on.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,706,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaydenJ View Post
What you described is having a rigid mindset. Sexuality is fluid and rarely is it black and white. That's why many people put sexuality on a KINSEY SCALE. On a scale from 1-10 it's rare that someone would choose 1 or 10. It's unrealistic. Many "straight" men and women would be around a 2-4. They appreciate the beauty, the curves... or lack there of , but the thought doesn't transcend that in most cases.
For SOME people sexuality is fluid. For others (such as myself) there are no mysteries. Either you like the opposite sex, or you like the same one. I happen to be a guy who likes girls. I appreciate a woman's beauty. I do not see beauty in a man.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:23 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,622,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
For SOME people sexuality is fluid. For others (such as myself) there are no mysteries. Either you like the opposite sex, or you like the same one. I happen to be a guy who likes girls. I appreciate a woman's beauty. I do not see beauty in a man.
I agree and consider myself a one on that scale. I can appreciate a beautiful woman, but that is as far as it goes, not a sexual thought whatsoever. Same way I can appreciate a beautiful dog, cat or car.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:29 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,130,736 times
plaidmom< has whiplash from travelling back into the 1950's

Old 01-28-2009, 10:29 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,967,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaydenJ View Post
How many guys/girls have experimented with the same sex and where on the Kinsey scale (straight 1-10 gay) would you place yourself? Also, if your SO has had same sex relations, would this change your perception of him/her for the better or worse?

I personally find bi men or straight men who have experimented somewhat of a turn on and get intrigued especially because this is still a bit taboo in our culture. But then I'd be scared that he might be checking out other guys.
If you are a man and you get turned on or are curious about another man in a sexual way you are a bonafide Homosexual! Same goes for a woman too I guess in reverse order!

Many homosexuals claim that when a Heterosexual Man is repulsed by homosexual men they are then Homophobic! I always have to correct my homosexual cousin when he says that! I just tell him that I am not Homophobic but rather that I am Homodisgustis!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships