Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2009, 06:58 PM

52,446 posts, read 53,001,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
That is not the childrens fault but the parents...
I was gonna say the same thing.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 07:00 PM

13,782 posts, read 26,304,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was gonna say the same thing.....
Great minds think alike

Old 03-10-2009, 07:37 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,366,386 times
Quote:
That is not the childrens fault but the parents...
And that can be traced back to the grandparents.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
And that can be traced back to the grandparents.
Bingo!!

Old 03-10-2009, 07:40 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,366,386 times
Quote:
Bingo!!
It's amazing how one generation can affect the behavior of 2 or 3 generations later.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
It's amazing how one generation can affect the behavior of 2 or 3 generations later.
I know...my great grandmother was a clothes, jewelry, shoe and hat hound and, much to the dismay of my husband the trait has been passed down through the generations and my daughter is the newest recipient

Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,091,490 times
silverwing - sweet puppies!!! And reason #11 is pretty darn funny, I laughed out loud. Do you think these parents with all these kids that go on TV are in a way selling their kids? They are using their children to be on TV and profit from it. I have problems with those kinds of reality shows that involve children. There are privacy issues there, I feel it's wrong to exploit your children like that. But that's just me.

I have to say, though, that at least human children grow up and live their own lives (if you do your job right), and at some point (after pottytraining) you don't have to deal with their pee or poop anymore. Our vet (we have cats) has told us that dogs are like toddlers who never grow up. We are thinking of adopting a dog, and are finding it to be a huge decision. It really is like deciding whether you want to have another child or not - and this time a child that will depend on you for every need it's entire life, rather than ever growing up and becoming independant from you. We do love dogs, though. They can offer great and constant companionship if you can tolerate their needs and accept the responsibilities.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:33 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,525,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
silverwing - sweet puppies!!! And reason #11 is pretty darn funny, I laughed out loud. Do you think these parents with all these kids that go on TV are in a way selling their kids? They are using their children to be on TV and profit from it. I have problems with those kinds of reality shows that involve children. There are privacy issues there, I feel it's wrong to exploit your children like that. But that's just me.

I have to say, though, that at least human children grow up and live their own lives (if you do your job right), and at some point (after pottytraining) you don't have to deal with their pee or poop anymore. Our vet (we have cats) has told us that dogs are like toddlers who never grow up. We are thinking of adopting a dog, and are finding it to be a huge decision. It really is like deciding whether you want to have another child or not - and this time a child that will depend on you for every need it's entire life, rather than ever growing up and becoming independant from you. We do love dogs, though. They can offer great and constant companionship if you can tolerate their needs and accept the responsibilities.

A lot of people that conceive do it because they want babies not kids,preteens,teenagers,adults. They enjoy the baby stage the most it seems and loathe the growing up stage.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
A lot of people that conceive do it because they want babies not kids,preteens,teenagers,adults. They enjoy the baby stage the most it seems and loathe the growing up stage.
As a parent I think you are right! Many parents I know ask me "What has been your favorite age/stage?" referring to the age of my children or developmental stage and I can honestly say I have enjoyed all of them thoroughly. Some have been more challenging than others but I have not regretted a moment.

The people who want "babies" are the same personality type who wants the puppy but forgets they grow into dogs!

Old 03-11-2009, 04:54 PM

37,809 posts, read 46,342,911 times
Quote:
Many parents I know ask me "What has been your favorite age/stage?" referring to the age of my children or developmental stage and I can honestly say I have enjoyed all of them thoroughly.
Gosh I so agree with this. I always heard about the "terrible twos" and "terrible tweens" and the dreaded teens. We never had any of those experiences, surprisingly (and thankfully!). What can I say? I'm lucky and I know it. It's been an incredibly easy, fun-filled, and loving ride, so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships