Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 06:14 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,677,909 times

Advertisements

I did, my X. We had everything in commom and had 20 years of great memories together. He had a bit of an anger problem and would dwell on things for weeks! It was time for me to move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 06:19 PM

16,223 posts, read 25,703,667 times
Yes, I have. Just recently, he wanted to get back together, but totally ignored the fact, that I am remarried, and will be 3 years in May.
I was confused at first, because I do still love him, but I was looking back on the years that we shared...in the past. I mean, 14 years is nothing to sneeze about, but I also realized that it could never be again.
Cherish your memories, and move on!

Old 03-01-2009, 04:02 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,137,656 times
left a man who occasionally drank and got nasty(to others)--loved him like crazy but was afraid of his drinking

Old 03-01-2009, 10:08 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,992,505 times
Sorry, SO SORRY... but the title of this post so made me think of...

YouTube - Whitney Houston - I'll Always Love You

Old 03-01-2009, 10:10 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,005,757 times
ha ha that is the most awesome song dude.... are you into music ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Sorry, SO SORRY... but the title of this post so made me think of...

YouTube - Whitney Houston - I'll Always Love You

Old 03-02-2009, 05:33 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,874,029 times
Default Have You Ever Left Somebody that U Loved but knew wasn't good for you

I think that there are absolutely many, many people who can honestly say that they did leave someone they loved but knew they were not good for them. Sometimes it just takes some of us longer to be brave enough to make that move. People around you can break your heart but when you have to do it yourself, that takes strength.

When I left my ex husband in Maine, it wasn't because I didn't love him...unfortunately I was hopelessly in love with him but his behavior was so bizzare and abusive that I just couldn't subject myself or my son to him any longer. He wouldn't work, did drugs, cheated on me numerous times, was never happy how I looked, was always telling my son he was a "sissy" although my son was NEVER a "sissy", he was always DRUNK off his ass day after day after day. He was in and out of jail for drunk driving, drug possession...ugh.....so many reasons. Yes, I loved him. Can you imagine? There came a day when that final straw broke my back...he took off with a married woman and ran to Georgia of all places leaving his wife and child with no money, no food and 8 feet of uncut fire wood in the yard for ME to worry about splitting and getting in the house. ENOUGH. I gathered up my stuff, my son and our dog and headed South in my beat up Pontiac to my family back here hin CT and have been here ever since. As for my ex...I called this one right. He has not seen his son in probably 5 years for a good visit, he never calls him, no birthday cards, christmas cards NOTHING. My son is grown and at the present time will not talk about or to his Father and I can't blame him.

In this life, you only get a few chances to be happy so take a chance now and move on with our life. It worked for me..you don't have to be anyone's doormat that is for sure. Good Luck

Old 03-02-2009, 06:25 AM

82 posts, read 235,843 times
I'm in this situation right now. Debating whether to leave someone I've been with for 8 years. He's not violent or have any bad habits, he's just extremely selfish and does not consider how I feel about things. Lately he yells at me whenever I try to have a discussion with him about something that has upset. It's like my feelings don't matter to him, although he calls me selfish. He's so wrapped up in himself.

My problem is I don't know how to break up with him. He's going through a difficult financial situation right now and I feel guilty if I leave him...like kicking a dog when he's down.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:00 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,866,700 times
Default Isn't it the Reverse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Have you ever left somebody that you loved, but wasnt good for you?
Women seem to complain more about being left despite being good for him but not being loved. Of course, that's their opinion and that of their friends.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:47 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,800,690 times
I am in the middle of a similar situation. To avoid typing all the details the Serial Cheaters thread describes it all. I think I really should leave both. In their own way I love them both. Likewise they are both not good for me.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:44 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,994,512 times
I'm sorry you are going though this, my friend. It's hard - very difficult. Unless you've been there - I'm not sure it could be understood.
But take heart - sometimes you have to stand up for yourself! (and that's what you are doing)
Take care of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships