Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:21 PM

318 posts, read 821,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Thanks to the OP for this thread.

I'm starting to feel better about my life.
HEY! What's that supposed to mean!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 07:22 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,279,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Thanks to the OP for this thread.

I'm starting to feel better about my life.
No problem

Old 03-06-2009, 07:23 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,478,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Some of my phobias are worse and some are better Current phobias are that my pants are getting tighter, my bed is germy, my bathroom floor is germy, my nose is dry and just general anxiety
I think some of these can be called quirks, I have issues with cleanliness, I use alot of bleach. In fact, things just aren't clean until I can smell the bleach.

I also wash my bedding every three days, even the comforters. I have cats and the poor dears LOVE to sleep with me but they also get baths because I need them to be clean. Currently my Henry smells like a rose garden much to his dismay.

I would probably bathe them in bleach if it wouldn't kill them or hurt them.

When I clean off my front porch and my back porch, I use bleach water, it makes it all so clean and nice. It also drives insects off or kills them if it comes in direct contact with them.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:27 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,713,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I think some of these can be called quirks, I have issues with cleanliness, I use alot of bleach. In fact, things just aren't clean until I can smell the bleach.

I also wash my bedding every three days, even the comforters. I have cats and the poor dears LOVE to sleep with me but they also get baths because I need them to be clean. Currently my Henry smells like a rose garden much to his dismay.

I would probably bathe them in bleach if it wouldn't kill them or hurt them.

When I clean off my front porch and my back porch, I use bleach water, it makes it all so clean and nice. It also drives insects off or kills them if it comes in direct contact with them.
Thanks! Quirks sound better!!! I actually feel better already

Old 03-06-2009, 07:29 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,861,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaydenJ View Post
HEY! What's that supposed to mean!?!
Hey like I poster earlier I'm pretty darn neurotic myself.

I've gotten about 4 or 5 hours sleep last couple of days just worrying about some stuff at work.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:37 PM

7,004 posts, read 21,366,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Yeah, that's pretty bad. Has it gotten worse? Did it bother you when Mrs.Cat had the babies and the nurses inserted the IV?
I had to leave the room when they were about to do it.
One day I complained about my left arm getting numb, my boss freaked out and called an ambulance. They took me to the ER and started doing a crapload of tests. Then the said the needed a blood sample, I told them my problem and they didn't want to hear it. I begged and I begged to no avail. I told them as a last resort to prick my fingers. The nurse rolled on the floor laughing. So they called three big guys to hold me down. The wife was there watching the whole thing. All she needed was a large popcorn and a Coke. So while I was held down the nurse could not find a good vein. She poked me 7 times on my right arm and 6 times on my left.
They had to call the IV team. This old lady, she was like 90 years old, came down with a mini sonogram machine. She located the vein and voila! my ordeal was over. Or so I thought. They needed one more test and they needed to inject me with some fluid, but the IV was placed on my right arm. They needed it on my left. So down comes the old hag again and gets it hooked up on my left arm. The test was done. I was ok but came out of the hospital with 15 holes on my arms. Two days later I was still in pain and looked like a dope fiend.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,155,537 times
I once saw an episode of Maury Povich where a woman had an insane fear of pickles! She would freak when they would so much as show a picture of a pickle on the screen.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:41 PM

7,004 posts, read 21,366,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I once saw an episode of Maury Povich where a woman had an insane fear of pickles! She would freak when they would so much as show a picture of a pickle on the screen.

When I was a kid I used to be afraid of cigarrette butts.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:43 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,155,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
When I was a kid I used to be afraid of cigarrette butts.
I used to fear cotton balls

Old 03-06-2009, 07:44 PM

647 posts, read 2,085,990 times
When I was younger, I had a debilitating fear of loud noises. I hated loud noises!!

Fourth of July firework displays made me run for cover. Thunderstorms sent me in a panic. Football/basketball games with a stadium full of rabid fans cheering would make me so nervous.

Looking back, it's crazy how that stuff bothered me and now it doesn't. I don't know how I got over it. I just did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships