Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:11 PM

931 posts, read 3,803,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
You forgot one of the biggies...taking care of himself financially.
I agree. Everyone's credit is focked up now, so I guess being closer to God is more important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 03:50 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Isn't there a Nine Inch Nails song about being closer to God???

Old 04-19-2009, 03:53 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Oh, here we go. Another I am the perfect dude, thread.
Whats up with A?

Old 04-19-2009, 04:09 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
I think people who are certain about their ideas about God -- which let's face it, is a great unknowable mystery -- tend to be intellectually and morally vain, arrogant and shallow. Just what I would be looking for in a man if I were a woman!

Old 04-19-2009, 04:12 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofi View Post
Women,
i'm just that guy who has found the secret..and i know what you should be looking for:
a) a man of religion: the fear of God will keep a man's conscience on doing you right.
b) a man who wants to see you reach your goal and is determined to be part of your success story.
c) a man who appreciates the little things and NEVER puts your feelings down.
d)a man who can WAIT !!!
e) someone who thinks long term...
f) a man who does not change his core principles (as a chaff in the wind)

let me know what you think on this issue and do correct me if i'm wrong..love you all.
Hahahahahaha!

This list is bull ****!! Please tell me that this is part of some kind of joke. This list seems tantamount to believing that you'll win the girl standing at the bar, by buying her drinks and being "nice" to her. Most men know that that's not true, so creating a list and placing men into some kind of secondary role in the lives of women isn't going to win you any favors either. So don't waste your time, it's not going to work.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:15 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofi View Post
a) a man of religion: the fear of God will keep a man's conscience on doing you right.
I am uncomfortable with any person that needs the fear of god in order to be a "good" human being. I have greater respect for someone that is a good person all on their own and without refering to his bible.

I would also be very leery of any person that considers the bible to be the most important book ever or the only book he'll ever need to own or read.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:16 PM

931 posts, read 3,803,449 times
I had this African professor in college named "Kofi", people would mispronounce his name and call him "Coffee".

Old 04-19-2009, 04:17 PM

103 posts, read 399,190 times
Default One woman's perspective...

I prefer a man of reason- agnostic or atheist or one who is reasonable about his faith.

b) a man who wants to see you reach your goal and is determined to be part of your success story.

I prefer the word partner- one who is interested in my goals and my growth as a person just as I would be with him.

c) a man who appreciates the little things and NEVER puts your feelings down.

Never is unrealistic, but someone who's respectful and considerate will know when he has crossed the line or ask if he has and make amends and/or discuss the situation. A mature couple should know how to communicate rationally without one partner having to say yes all the time, and thus feeling defeated and resentful.

d)a man who can WAIT !!!

Yes, a man who can enjoy dating- learning about the woman and determining whether or not they want the same things. There's no hard and fast rule as to when the first time between a couple happens, but it should happen because both people want it to happen and not out of obligation.

e) someone who thinks long term...

Not necessarily leading to marriage but a partnership between two adults. A man should be clear whether or not he's just in it for the convenience (FWB) or an actually committed relationship where you'll break up for "substantive reasons". Both parties should have a sense of responsibility of making it work. It's about making a choice and holding yourself accountable because you've made a commitment.

f) a man who does not change his core principles (as a chaff in the wind)

Yep. He should also have a sense of humor and intellectual curiosity

Last edited by qjane82; 04-19-2009 at 04:35 PM..

Old 04-19-2009, 04:19 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I am uncomfortable with any person that needs the fear of god in order to be a "good" human being. I have greater respect for someone that is a good person all on their own and without refering to his bible.

I would also be very leery of any person that considers the bible to be the most important book ever or the only book he'll ever need to own or read.
Why would anyone need any other book other than the Bible? That's just crazy talk now ... why bother with books written by men when God himself penned a few lines for all to read? I can definitely see the appeal of a man who puts God first in everything. There's nothing I like more than to hear a good sermon while having dinner, riding in a car, brushing my teeth, having sex, etc. etc.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:20 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,363,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
A man who chastises you when you aren't doing something he considers "godly". That's when he yells at you "Why can't you be like Pastor's wife! You would never see her doing/saying anything like that!"
I'm glad I was raised a Catholic. Translation; chastised into blissful cynicism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships