Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:29 PM

232 posts, read 594,149 times

Advertisements

... why are so many women so squeamish about sex?

There's tonnes of research available proving the health benefits of frequent sex.

(Health Benefits of Weekly Sex | Newsweek By The Numbers | Newsweek.com)
(10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex)

And yet, so many women so prudish about having sex, either with someone they just met or even someone they've known for a long time.

Why?

It seems like a cruel joke. Why deny themselves and men of all these benefits by denying sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 11:35 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
Huh? Absolutely NO clue what women you are talking about.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:38 PM

Well, maybe my experience is restricted to young women. I'm 21, and most girls my age or under are extremely prudish when it comes to sex.

Even if you date ones for months, they still won't have sex (or is it just me?)

It seems like the most common way for people my age to have sex is to get really drunk, but I don't want to take advantage of drunk girls.

Last edited by Cyanosphere; 05-04-2009 at 12:19 AM..

Old 05-03-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Well, maybe my experience is restricted to young women. I'm 21, and most girls my age or under are extremely prudish when it comes to sex.

It seems like the most common way for people my age to have sex is to get really dunk, but I don't want to take advantage of drunk girls.
Where do you live? I don't know anyplace where 21 year old girls are prudish about sex.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:48 PM

I live in Connecticut. It's not like I live in the Bible Belt or anything like that.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:50 PM

Must just be you then. Perhaps you need to reevaluate your dating technique.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:00 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,863,253 times
Quote:

It seems like the most common way for people my age to have sex is to get really dunk, but I don't want to take advantage of drunk girls.
It is just you. You need to emphasize that sex is important to you and that if she doesn't have sex with you then she isn't compatible with you. The only reason girls make you wait so long is because you tolerate it. If any girl says that to me I vote with my feet and get out fast!

If she says anything along the lines of:
"I don't like how there is so much emphasis on sex."
"guys are only after sex."
or anything else along those lines then it is a red flag. Either she is saying she doesn't want to have sex or it is a false flag (trying to show that she isn't cheap). You can either bail out ASAP and move on or you can try to see what she does in private when you make moves on her. However, if she doesn't put out on the first date (or first time you are in private together) then she is saying, "I am not sexually attracted to you." If that is the case, move on. Don't let your ego get caught up in her, there is more than one girl out there and they are all built more or less the same. Alot of guys do it the wrong way. They reward bad behavior (trying to impress her). Insist on sex FIRST then reward good behavior (by getting to know her, chatting with her and so on.) If she stops putting out for a prolonged period of time, drop her like a rock. Don't reward bad behavior.

but yes, the general trend is that women shouldn't be, "cheap" hence the reason she makes you wait so long. You have to remember though, most of that is just a show. When she is alone with you it is a different story. Also you need to make it important to show that you won't hold it against her if she sleeps with you. Never talk as if being promiscuous and enjoying sex is a bad thing. Otherwise, she will make it a point to show that she isn't cheap by making you go on 10,000 dates.

Last edited by killer2021; 05-04-2009 at 12:10 AM..

Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 AM

478 posts, read 2,303,161 times
Quote:

There's tonnes of research available proving the health benefits of frequent sex.

(Health Benefits of Weekly Sex | Newsweek By The Numbers | Newsweek.com)
(10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex)

And yet, so many women so prudish about having sex, either with someone they just met or even someone they've known for a long time.

Why?

It seems like a cruel joke. Why deny themselves and men of all these benefits by denying sex?
The next time you find yourself in this quandary, ask yourself one simple question:

What are your partner's needs?

Articles mean absolutely null if they refer to concepts that do not fit within what a person's needs are ... and believe it or not, but sex has very few benefits for young women. The benefits of sex primarily derive from ORGASM, and since less than a third of young women orgasm regularly during sex ... well, you can see where I'm heading with this.

What motivates a young woman to have sex if orgasms are not guaranteed?

Well ... that is for you to answer. Think about your partner's needs and proceed from there.

Best of luck to you!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 AM

Just getting a girl to go out on a date is enough of a challenge, much less having sex.

I don't know; is it just me? I know tons of guys who're really good looking, popular, charming, but yet don't have sex frequently.

Maybe it's our culture? Looking back on my past relationships, I've come to realize that I've never had sex with an American girl.

Every single American girl I've dated was really hesitant about sex, and never gave it up entirely (only 1 girl who gave oral once)

But every single foreign girl I dated gave it up easily and really enjoyed sex. I always had to work really hard for the American girls and never got anything in return, but the foreign girls (French, German, Russian, Vietnamese, Costa Rican) gave it up easily, and even demanded it in some instances.

The last time I ever had sex was with my Costa Rican ex-girlfriend last November.

FML.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:06 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
I live in Connecticut. It's not like I live in the Bible Belt or anything like that.
Well, I DO live in the Bible Belt and I'm here to tell you all the women I know LOVE sex. Must be something you're doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships