Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times

Advertisements

Don't just dwell on what you want; really think about why someone would want YOU and what you have to offer. I think a lot of people are not very realistic about the people they pursue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 10:35 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
For me it is someone that can pull their own weight, be it financially or running a home. I dont want a guy to just sit around looking pretty and eating bon bons. He has to at the very least be able to kill a spider with his penis.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:41 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,489,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Bread, butter, bottle of wine?
Bear skin rug, fire in the fireplace and a Julio Eglasius CD?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:44 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,645,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Don't just dwell on what you want; really think about why someone would want YOU and what you have to offer. I think a lot of people are not very realistic about the people they pursue.
This was the point I made earlier. People focus too much on what they want. That's a lousy way to enter a relationship.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:46 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwana_b View Post
Ok so, for years I have heard the term 'bring something to the table'. Or someone saying 'If you are going to seek a relationship with someone, make sure you have something to bring to the table'.
Ok now, I know the general meaning of this, but others, please post what you consider it to mean. Oh and please if you can, give examples.
Thanx, you guy's are the best!
All I hear when I hear this is, "What's in it for me?"

Old 05-06-2009, 11:06 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,664,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
For me it is someone that can pull their own weight, be it financially or running a home. I dont want a guy to just sit around looking pretty and eating bon bons. He has to at the very least be able to kill a spider with his penis.
Now this post should be listed under a Thread called, What talents do your men have?

Old 05-06-2009, 11:30 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Well, you have to consider both sides or someone in the relationship isn't going to be happy.

I had to discuss this with current gf a month or so ago as I felt things were a little lopsided in terms of effort being put forth. Part of it was misunderstanding, part of it was reality....I still have some concerns on that front but for now it's decent.

I never get the whole "realistic about....pursue" thing. Basically, I *never* would pursue someone that wasn't interested...there are just more fish in the sea to waste time chasing someone that isn't into you.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, you have to consider both sides or someone in the relationship isn't going to be happy.

I had to discuss this with current gf a month or so ago as I felt things were a little lopsided in terms of effort being put forth. Part of it was misunderstanding, part of it was reality....I still have some concerns on that front but for now it's decent.

I never get the whole "realistic about....pursue" thing. Basically, I *never* would pursue someone that wasn't interested...there are just more fish in the sea to waste time chasing someone that isn't into you.
Okay, pursue can be misconstrued. People should just be realistic about their expectations.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
He has to at the very least be able to kill a spider with his penis.
I have to ask ... would he be using it like a club or a gun?

Old 05-06-2009, 02:29 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
I have to ask ... would he be using it like a club or a gun?
Im going to go with club. That would be more amusing and not as messy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships