Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,899 times

Advertisements

Hi City Data,

I met this guy when I was working in New York, he was an aspireing singer/songwriter and I was doing modeling for a company his friend owned. He introduced us and we hit it off but never really dated because I wasnt in the city for long.

A year later he became famous and we reconnected randomly on msn one day. Since then we are on and off. I have feelings for him, hes a nice guy and we have amazing chemisty when we talk. Maybe once a week we video chat and its a nice change because I havent really dated much being homeschooled most my life and liveing in a small town.

However a year 1/2 later I still can't figure out why he hasn't come to see me for a few days. I've offered to pay half his flight or make it work vice versa where he could help me out with half to see him in Los Angeles. That seemed fair since I'm a university student now with little money. He drives a new sl-500 mercedes, rents a nice house in studio city and I'm assumeing makes a crap load of royalty money from all the songs he produces for major recording artists.

So one night I decided to confront him about it and he told me he was tight with money. Idk how that can be when he lives the lifestyle he does :/ 200$ to see me is not that much really - especially when he says "he loves me". I could make that in a week working at McDonalds or borrow it from a friend if I needed. This has been his situation for the last six months.

So I didn't know how else to deal with this. At one point I thought "the hell with it" and broke off contact with him for a month. Then one day he called me and I didnt check the caller ID and we talked again. He said that if I didnt contact him more often it would be off for good. I felt a bit threatened, like since it wasnt my fault he didnt want to progress the relationship why should I continue to pursue him?

I decided to register on a dateing site a few weeks later and I got a huge response from it. It definitly made me realize that I "have options". But it seemed to me after a few weeks and many dates later that none of these guys came close to this boy and I began to miss him more and more.

My plan after University is to move to Arizona about five months from now since my parents are in that area. Part of me thinks that once I move it won't be as much of an issue with us as it is now that I live in Canada but I may just be kidding myself.

I feel like it isnt my place to constantly chase or persue this guy but I like him and I want to make it work if I could. Im not sure what to do at this stage besides trying to forget him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships