Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,262,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
What I'm really dreading with all these meets is that I have to do the makeup/hair/dress up thing for the next 4 days and then again 2 days next week, so far (the 2 for next week were set up this evening). I might do that once a week now, just to go out with friends.

I'm gonna be a once a week gal once I find "the one", so this is only temporary.
You better! I'm getting exhausted just reading about it!

Seriously, I don't mind this part so much, but the "job interviews" give me the creeps. It's so unnatural. It's just an extension of how everything is done here, though. I'll never understand those long lists of favorite bands, books, movies, etc. (I often think many of them might be copies of top X ). I never think in such terms. I like the flow of a normal conversation when things come up as you go (like in derailing threads, for instance ). While it can and does happen with some people, it doesn't appear to be the norm in the "dating" world... I wonder whether the purposely instilled rigidity everywhere (forums included) has something to do with it. Perhaps that's how people are trained...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 11:49 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You better! I like the flow of a normal conversation when things come up as you go (like in derailing threads, for instance ). While it can and does happen with some people, it doesn't appear to be the norm in the "dating" world... I wonder whether the purposely instilled rigidity everywhere (forums included) has something to do with it. Perhaps that's how people are trained...
I'll ask a few questions that apply to making this a good fit - like time expectations, what part of town they're in, do they want me to travel with them, things like that. It helps me determine if it's worth meeting at all. But the favorite songs/movies/flowers discussion is just idle chatter; like Spam to my brain. I need foie gras to keep it well oiled.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,083,711 times
Quote:
SeekingArrangement.com

What I'm really dreading with all these meets is that I have to do the makeup/hair/dress up thing for the next 4 days and then again 2 days next week, so far (the 2 for next week were set up this evening). I might do that once a week now, just to go out with friends.

I'm gonna be a once a week gal once I find "the one", so this is only temporary.
But it sure beats getting all gussied up ... at 4:00 in the morning ... for a ballroom competition!!!

Old 05-11-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
But it sure beats getting all gussied up ... at 4:00 in the morning ... for a ballroom competition!!!
*shaking my head*

How long does it take to get ready?

Old 05-12-2009, 12:04 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,083,711 times
Quote:
*shaking my head*

How long does it take to get ready?
A loooooong time. It's not just me in there getting hair and makeup. It's a whole bunch of ladies getting ready. Ballroom involves lots of makeup, usually airbrushed, eyelashes, hairpieces, flowers or some other decorative things in the hair, swarovski crystals glued to our hair and our faces - it's just a lot of work. Then getting dressed. Then we have to get into the ballroom at like 6:00 to practice before our heats - if we are dancing in the morning. The heats usually start at 7am. Why do I do this again?????

Old 05-12-2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
I'll ask a few questions that apply to making this a good fit - like time expectations, what part of town they're in, do they want me to travel with them, things like that. It helps me determine if it's worth meeting at all. But the favorite songs/movies/flowers discussion is just idle chatter; like Spam to my brain. I need foie gras to keep it well oiled.
Man, I find the whole process of "getting to know" people (any people... men or women... ) sooo tiring these days... Besides, I'm interested in a much deeper connection than surface fluff. Heck, I can't even sit and discuss this fluff. I only would care for somebody who gets me... instantly... somebody you're truly comfortable with... There have been such people even on forums. You just feel it... people of your blood type if you will...

Oh, well... I know what results my approach brings... Buuut, as Mr. Hendrix said in my new thread, I'd probably either continue down the same road (and "grow" ) or do nothing at all. Other roads simply don't interest me. Sick or not, it is what it is.

Good luck to you! You'll need it!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
A loooooong time. It's not just me in there getting hair and makeup. It's a whole bunch of ladies getting ready. Ballroom involves lots of makeup, usually airbrushed, eyelashes, hairpieces, flowers or some other decorative things in the hair, swarovski crystals glued to our hair and our faces - it's just a lot of work. Then getting dressed. Then we have to get into the ballroom at like 6:00 to practice before our heats - if we are dancing in the morning. The heats usually start at 7am. Why do I do this again?????
Oh hunny, that's dedication. My collective body parts are not in full steam until the crack of noon.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Why do I do this again?????
To look and feel hot?!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Man, I find the whole process of "getting to know" people (any people... men or women... ) sooo tiring these days... Besides, I'm interested in a much deeper connection than surface fluff. Heck, I can't even sit and discuss this fluff. I only would care for somebody who gets me... instantly... somebody you're truly comfortable with... There have been such people even on forums. You just feel it... people of your blood type if you will...

Oh, well... I know what results my approach brings... Buuut, as Mr. Hendrix said in my new thread, I'd probably either continue down the same road (and "grow" ) or do nothing at all. Other roads simply don't interest me. Sick or not, it is what it is.

Good luck to you! You'll need it!
I know what you mean. Gracias!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:16 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,461,940 times
So do you have a guy you think is your favorite yet? Or are you going to wait to see? How long will you date each one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships