Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 03:07 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,305,504 times

Advertisements

^^I would agree. That is the only way some people learn. The only good thing about having to divorce a cheater is divorcing one with an illegitimate child.

Ca-Ching!!

Old 05-20-2009, 06:23 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,477,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
....have an issue with the children getting to know each other?

This subject came up on The View and Elizabeth Edwards was having a tough time answering that question, stuttering and all - LOL....
Well, I would absolutely DUMP the husband but I wouldn't have an issue with the children knowing one another and I would probably promote it. It's not their fault that their father is a cheating a**hole, imo

Old 05-20-2009, 06:28 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,602,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Well, I would absolutely DUMP the husband but I wouldn't have an issue with the children knowing one another and I would probably promote it. It's not their fault that their father is a cheating a**hole, imo
I'd prefer the kids not know dad is a cheating a**hole. That's just not something I'd promote. There are too many questions to answer if the kids meet and there's no reason for the kids to meet. They can grow up fine never knowing each other.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,278,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
I give her credit, I could not do the same.
I read an interview with her a few days ago she ended with this thought: sometimes we burn a toast on one side and still eat it... Yeah, we do... but it still sounds so sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I'd prefer the kids not know dad is a cheating a**hole.
I don't see any reason to "promote" such a relationship, either.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:35 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,528,653 times
Why are so many people cheaters? It's like a plague!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:02 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,777,956 times
Quote:
I'd prefer the kids not know dad is a cheating a**hole. That's just not something I'd promote. There are too many questions to answer if the kids meet and there's no reason for the kids to meet. They can grow up fine never knowing each other.
Unless they find out about the other kid, and why wouldn't they? Is their father not going to tell them for their entire lives? Is their father not going to tell the other kid about your kid? Is everyone sworn to secrecy? I wouldn't count on that sticking for life.

Lots of kids find out later, often as adults, and I don't think it ever goes well. I think most people, even if they wanted nothing to do with the other family, regard what you propose as a grevious lie by omission.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:03 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,134,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
I think that regardless of the parents relationship...the children should be in each others lives. i think its really selfish for a person to keep their children away from their siblings just because they are mad at their other parent. Ppl need to grow up and act like adults. You dont have to stay in the relationship with the man but the children DO need a relationship with their father and their fathers other children. I would be very upset in this situation and very hurt and it may take some time for me to face that child but my children would know and bond with the child long beforeI would ever be comfortable with it. Why? Because that is their sibling...and neither child had anything to do with the situation their parent put them in.

ANd BTW Ive seen situations like this and the women would really not want their husbands child in their house.....I think any man that would allow a woman to treat his other children like that is lower that a cheater...Because its wont thing to try and overcome that mistake but on top of that to choose the woman and your first kids over choosing to do right by all your kids is just the lowest of the low.
I couldn't have said it better, The lack of maturity and inappropriate angry displayed throughout this thread is disheartening.

Why would one take their anger against an adult out on an innocent child? What crime or sin did the children commit?

Old 05-21-2009, 09:07 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,134,960 times
Quote:
Why am I not surprised that Miss Priss would think that it's more important to play victim and pretend that innocent children don't exist as to not upset the balance and script of her perfect life?

And that she would lack the sensitivity to understand that the children are innocent by-standers?

Old 05-21-2009, 09:49 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,193,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Why am I not surprised that Miss Priss would think that it's more important to play victim and pretend that innocent children don't exist as to not upset the balance and script of her perfect life?

And that she would lack the sensitivity to understand that the children are innocent by-standers?
Quote:

Awe shucks ladies I'm not feeling the love here......
cant we all just get along????

Old 05-21-2009, 10:40 AM

68 posts, read 61,872 times
The thing is that the kids will suffer if you keep everyone seperate. It's not the child's fault. And because I just so happen to have an older bro who did that very thing (and I liked his wife) I understand the dilemma.

Look folks, people make mistakes. Children are not mistakes. Don't make them suffer. If you play it just right, everyone will get along and everyone will move on without hatred or bitterness. I think it's a good idea to show your own children an example of forgiveness. Plus, you could actually impact the other child's life for the good.

Take a negative and turn it into a positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships